Does a mass celebrated at 3pm on a Saturday fulfil the Sunday obligation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter imo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Glennon_P:
Generally but not always. I believe there are churches in Kansas City and Las Vegas that have Masses at 2:30 on Saturday that fulfill the Sunday obligation. There may be others.
I recall seeing somewhere (cathedral website, probably) that Vegas had permission from the Holy See for having a Mass of obligation that early in the day. I’d say that it is an exception that helps to prove the rule (i.e., 4 pm is the generally accepted limit).

Dan
Saturday 2:30 pm Mass fulfills Sunday obligation, as published by Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.

Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
11th & Broadway,
Kansas City, MO 64105

Office Hours
Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm
816-842-0416 x110
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top