Does alien abduction (If true) contradict the bible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter freesoulhope
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Contarini:
The Vatican thus falls foul of human bigots on the one hand … and gets a reputation for bigotry…
But…But…but… …Why can’t it be ‘the Episcopalian church gets a reputation…’
How come every time theres a world crisis everyone looks to see what the Vatican will say…🙂 😉 😃 :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: 😛
 
But…But…but… …Why can’t it be ‘the Episcopalian church gets a reputation…’
How come every time theres a world crisis everyone looks to see what the Vatican will say…🙂 😉 😃 :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: 😛
A friend of mine who is a Christian Church minister objected to the Catholic-centered nature of my premise. But the Catholic Church does play a central role in Christianity as a whole, and there’s no way to get around that! Nor do I want to.

Edwin
 
Another question is, if actual Aliens with a conscience on par with ours along with an equal or higher intelligence did exist, would the Church be against a human marrying one?
I hope so 😦 I wouldnt mind being with a klingon woman:rolleyes:

Just kidding :o
 
Whether there is life elsewhere in the universe I don’t know but I don’t think it would contradict any Church teachings.

However, if by aliens you mean gray creatures with big black eyes coming to earth regularly to abduct people that is plain rubbish and folks who believe that are probably one can short of a six pack!
Are you so sure? I think that people who do believe and have had the experience, would be extreamly offended by your remark.

Maybe your an alien? Thats what Scientist have been saying these days.
 
I think that if there were intelligent life-forms with the ability to create and love as we do, we would have to re-examine ourselves and our faith systems.
 
I think that if there were intelligent life-forms with the ability to create and love as we do, we would have to re-examine ourselves and our faith systems.
Why? God is capable of creating anything out of nothing. So why limit him to this earth? So aliens could exist we just might not have a reason to know about them.

On the other hand abduction by aliens would take lack of faith that God controls the universe IMHO. God created order not chaos.
 
Are you so sure? I think that people who do believe and have had the experience, would be extreamly offended by your remark.

Maybe your an alien? Thats what Scientist have been saying these days.
NOBODY has been adducted by Aliens. Don’t be ridiculous!
Do people, like you, believe in Aliens? No doubt. Its because of EITHER drugs, alcohol, hallucinations, genuine mental impairment, or wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

You are the one (from previous threads you keep starting on Aliens) that believed the face on Mars was made by Aliens!
I rest my case!
 
NOBODY has been adducted by Aliens. Don’t be ridiculous!

You are the one (from previous threads you keep starting on Aliens) that believed the face on Mars was made by Aliens!
I rest my case!
Its ridiculous that your so sure of something being unreal just because you never experience it. You have shown me no reason that i should not believe, other then your own arrogant opinions.

Show me some science, and we will discuss it.

And as for me believing that there is a face on Mars, you are twisting what i actually said in the first place. I mearly asked a Qeustion about the face on mars. I dont remember actually saying that i believe it. Peace.
 
What does one have to do with the other?
Some Christians (Not specifically Catholic) In other websites, have said that God only made life on Earth, and that inteligent Aliens coming to earth would undermine Scripture. Im not saying that it does undermine scripture, i was just curious. If life on other planets was found by scientist (Inteligent or not) i was wondering what the Catholic churches reaction would be to this. I am Glad to know ( from other peoples post) that life on other planets does not seem to be a problem.

Peace.
 
maybe the reason jesus has not come back yet is becuase he has spent the last 2000 years visiting every planet with intellegent life and being incarnated on every alien planet.

or perhaps they did not fall into sin the way that we did.or you could think of it like this, people are separated by oceans so why not outerspace? If the aliens are human than all it would mean is that christ chose planet earth to be born, die, and rise again and if humans from other planets came to earth, we could share the gospel with them.
 
Its ridiculous that your so sure of something being unreal just because you never experience it. You have shown me no reason that i should not believe, other then your own arrogant opinions.

Show me some science, and we will discuss it.
And as for me believing that there is a face on Mars, you are twisting what i actually said in the first place. I mearly asked a Qeustion about the face on mars. I dont remember actually saying that i believe it. Peace.
What has science got to do with alleged alien abductions.

NOBODY HAS BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!!!

I think we have much better topics to dicsuss in these forums.
 
Another question is, if actual Aliens with a conscience on par with ours along with an equal or higher intelligence did exist, would the Church be against a human marrying one?
Yes. There’s no way such a marriage could result in reproduction, according to the normal functioning of the organs in question (I don’t want to think about those organs). That’s the reason for the ban on gay marriage, but not, say, on marrying someone who had to have a hysterectomy/has a 0 sperm count/etc.
What happens if the first thing they say isn’t “Take me to your leader”, but rather, “We bring greeting from Pope Blar VIII, representative of Christ and the Holy Catholic Church on our planet. Oh… and you might wanna take a look at our scriptures too…” (I smell a book!! )
I’m actually writing a novel sort of along these lines. The thing is, the aliens have been told (by a mysterious woman cloaked all in blue…) to search the world (and universe) for their Godly Champion. They find him, of course, in the human race of the 24th Century, which, in the story, is not unlike the modern world, but in some ways worse (capitalism and socialism have compromised to create Belloc’s Servile State, for instance).
The aliens’ reaction is a bit like Augustine’s, upon first reading the Bible: what, these savages? Are you serious?

There’s a lot more to it (hackers psionics AI swordfights gunfights languages warpdrive intrigue romance), but I’m thinking of calling the trilogy “Alien Messiah.” You know, those movies where Klaatu or ET comes down, and teach some pre-digested Hollywood gospel? Only this time, the alien Messiah is the Son of Man.

Incidentally, He’s their savior too, because, ontologically, all rational animals are one species, human. All nonrational animals are another, animal, and all nonmobile life is another, plant.
 
I predict Christianity will be falsified on April 5, 2063.

I will leave it up to you to figure out why I choose that date.
 
Does human kidnapping (if true) contradict the Bible? 🙂

It breaks the Commandments, of course: Thou shalt not covet thy human neighbor.

As other posters have said, there’s nothing in the Bible to say that there are or aren’t aliens, and there’s nothing to say that if aliens existed, they wouldn’t be as fallen as the rest of us and prone to harass us.

Re: C.S. Lewis’ theory of unfallen aliens, James Blish’s A Case of Conscience argues the other side of the point. And hey, it stars a spacefaring Jesuit.

However, use your Christian freedom wisely. Use your God-given powers of reason, and don’t let fear of anything oppress you. Don’t get too attached to mere theories; don’t get obsessed. If people are getting abducted, after all, it’s essential that you keep your head, right? And if they’re not, the same thing is true.
 
I predict Christianity will be falsified on April 5, 2063.

I will leave it up to you to figure out why I choose that date.
Because your dead set on disproving the one thing you depise? Why is it so, that it will take so long? Are you writing a novel?
 
Regarding C.S. Lewis on unfallen aliens, alien contact, etc.: Of course, there’s his novel “Perelandra.” But for a much shorter and more direct discussion, I’d recommend his essay “Religion and Rocketry” in the book “The World’s Last Night and Other Essays.”

Whichever way this pans out, it will be used against Christianity. If there are aliens, skeptics will say, “See, life exists elsewhere in the universe, we aren’t so special, and God doesn’t exist.” If there are no aliens anywhere, skeptics will say, “See, the universe is a blank lifeless place, we are a random exception, and God doesn’t exist.”
 
I predict Christianity will be falsified on April 5, 2063.

I will leave it up to you to figure out why I choose that date.
Well, it’s obvious. April 5, 2063, is 4/5/63. The sum of 4 and 5 is 9, or the Trinity squared. The sum of 6 and 3 is likewise 9. April of 2063 is 56 years from now. 5 plus 6 equals 11. 2 plus 0 (the remaining numbers in the 2063) equals 2, and 11 minus 2 also equals 9. These three 9s written together are 999, or 666 upside down and backwards. So you are writing on behalf of the Antichrist.

As I said, it’s obvious.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top