Does anyone carry cash in their pockets anymore?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lizaanne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rarely. I should though because sometimes I want to buy a candybar from the vending machine at work, and I have no cash. :o Maybe that’s a good thing. 😉
 
Is that an American Express card that you are using? This sounds like a good plan…may be something I need to look into doing as part of a budget plan.
Nope Discover Card. I put as much as I can on it. My oil delivery, food, gas , clothes , car repairs, EZ Pass replenishment, kids college tuition (when they take it). Everything that takes it.

You have to be disciplined to not overspend though. I know how much I can spend by looking at my budget and am able to stick with the limit. Some people can’t. Know thy self. 🙂
 
I worse with cash then anything so it’s best for me to carry as little as possible. I cringe if I have to get more then $20 out and that’s usually only when I travel or am going to a activity or place that only accepts cash. :eek:
 
Nope Discover Card. I put as much as I can on it. My oil delivery, food, gas , clothes , car repairs, EZ Pass replenishment, kids college tuition (when they take it). Everything that takes it.

You have to be disciplined to not overspend though. I know how much I can spend by looking at my budget and am able to stick with the limit. Some people can’t. Know thy self. 🙂
My grandparents used to do this same sort of thing back in the day when frequent flier miles were easier to get and use. They would buy EVERYTHING on their credit card and then pay it all off at the end of the month. With the miles they earned they would take some very wonderful trips to Brazil and Jamaica, and fly around the country to visit grandchildren. I don’t think you could do that now, this was about 15 years ago.

~Liza
 
I always have at least $40 on me for cabs (our buses have their own pass cards that you load online). Just in case I miss the last bus to home. I use my debit card for everything else.
 
My grandparents used to do this same sort of thing back in the day when frequent flier miles were easier to get and use. They would buy EVERYTHING on their credit card and then pay it all off at the end of the month. With the miles they earned they would take some very wonderful trips to Brazil and Jamaica, and fly around the country to visit grandchildren. I don’t think you could do that now, this was about 15 years ago.

~Liza
I’m hoping my cash back bonus doesn’t go the way of the frequent flier miles!:eek:
 
Well, if I have $n for food for the week, and that money lives in a particular part of my wallet, I don’t have to think about how much was the tax on this, and did I spend that. If there’s money in the pocket, that’s how much money I can spend. 🙂

–Jen
Me, too!
Plastic feels like I am not spending “real” money. I got myslef into a world of trouble, back years ago, running up the balance on plastic, & now I have cash, and I know how much I am spenbing, and on what.👍
 
Usually I have change for the bus but that’s it. DH and I don’t really have ‘spending money’ because all our money goes to basic essentials right now so we don’t have reason to have cash around.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top