C
chevalier
Guest
Sometimes I do, but that’s generally leftover charge from cash situations. I generally also try to have some spare change when I visit the campus or otherwise expect to need to use a coffee machine. 
You took the words right out of my mouth! Two teenagers who always need $5 for this or $3 for that. And one does sports where the team stops for a meal on the way back from the games.I used to never need cash, until I had teenagers! Now I like to have some handy for those moments of “Mom, can I have $5 for gas/food/movies/pay back so-and-so” The list can go on and on!
That’s actually illegal in most states. If you really want something and the manager gives you lip about a minimum just tell them it’s illegal and you’ll report them to mastercard/visa/discover and they’ll let you buy what you need.A lot of businesses here have $5 or $10 minimums on plastic purchases. So I need cash for small purchases too.
Nope , not weird unless we are weird too. We use credit cards as part of our budget plan. I pay in full every month. I use the cash back bonus every year or two for a major purchase. Last year it was the refrigerator which had broken ,this year it is a treadmill. The next couple of years cash back will probably be going toward college expenses.That is too funny! We use cards specifically because it’s easier for us to budget things, and see exactly where our money is going. We only spend what our monthly budget allows, though, even using cards, so I wonder if we’re weird or something?![]()
:yup:We use credit cards as part of our budget plan. I pay in full every month. I use the cash back bonus every year or two for a major purchase.
Is that an American Express card that you are using? This sounds like a good plan…may be something I need to look into doing as part of a budget plan.Nope , not weird unless we are weird too. We use credit cards as part of our budget plan. I pay in full every month. I use the cash back bonus every year or two for a major purchase. Last year it was the refrigerator which had broken ,this year it is a treadmill. The next couple of years cash back will probably be going toward college expenses.
We do the same thing Seatuck does, and ours is an AMEX card. Their cash back bonus program was the reason we got the card, and we use it for everything.Is that an American Express card that you are using?