K
KingAlfred
Guest
I could, but I suspect Old Al was fibbing a bit.You could.
In any case say thank you to Him Who created Al Gore who invented the internet.![]()
I could, but I suspect Old Al was fibbing a bit.You could.
In any case say thank you to Him Who created Al Gore who invented the internet.![]()
I feel your pain. I still beat myself up emotionally whenever I block and get caught. It doesn’t happen much. I’m an expert at hiding it, but sometines I get caught. I start slamming myself, which can become burdensome. It’s a standard emotional feature of speech disfluency. Whenever it happens, I have to systematically, pain-stakingly, rebuild my self-esteem.What I struggle with is accepting my weakness while trying to grow stronger or pehaps vice versa tempering my strength in my weakness. Somedays I feel torn apart. What comes to mind is praying the rosary and having to make the transition from Christ dying on the cross to the Resurrection, and I don’t feel that distraught over going to extremes.
It’s just the other day I went to babysit a seven year old girl while her father slept and I was filled with such anxiety the couple of hours we were together. I know I probably won’t be able to have children and joining a religious community is becoming questionable. So I don’t know what is up for my life living with bipolar disorder. I want to see my weakness in the light of Christ but I still want to grow stronger in this illness.
You’re on my list.I would ask anyone reading this to pray for me. I have given up praying lectio divina. The silence was too much for me. But I feel that I am growing strong enough now. Please pray for me that I persevere. I don’t want this illness to take that away from me. THank you and God bless.
I have OCD and also may have aspergers syndrome to some extent. I’ve had scupulosity, yeah, it helps to stay balanced, with good friends to help you.I have Bipolar disorder and I find that it (the depression, mainly) is the largest hindrance to my prayer life. I was wondering if anyone else deals with a mental disorder and if it interferes with your spirituality and how you try to deal with it.
Oh, Grandma, I’m so sorry for your cross. I have a dear friend from a parish I used to attend, who had a wife leave him and join the mormons and remarry, and converted his children to the mormon faith as well.Yes…I have had depression since childhood. It only abated when I was pregnant and pretty much when I was raising little ones. It slammed in to me again later on and when certain things happened. One very difficult thing that I can discuss here is that our older daughter converted to mormonism. After that I finally got medication for the depression, Prozac, and it helped for years. She never did return to the faith but I did have a better relationship with her when she had her girls…both being mothers helped a lot. She had a great relationship to her siblings and dad. Sadly she died of cancer in '06 and we were with her. I blessed her with holy oil and water, read the Office of the Dead as she lay dying (when no one else was with her)and said the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. We took care of her family for over a year and they are finally settled in a new home fairly near to where we live. They were 300 miles away so we lived there. The last few years have been horrible and the depression increased.I take Cymbalta now and it is helping with that and fibromyalgia that I also have had for years. I feel so much guilt that my prayers did not bring her home to the faith, and God did not grant my prayers for her healing either.
Oh how she loved being a mom and homeschooling and was very good at it. It’s been a devastating blow to her husband and girls. He is finally on xanax for his anxiety and it’s making a world of difference. I thank God for that as he has a big job in raising his girls and almost jumped in to a 2nd marriage as mormons encouraged him to do. Thankfully also, he’s near his side of the family now too. He has always had a very bad problem with anxiety and our daughter was able to deal with it by relieving him of most all family decisions. I am going on to much. Please pray for him and the girls to one day embrace the catholic faith and pray for our daughter, Donna’s, soul. Thank you…M.A.
thank you for sharing, Donna, I will say a prayer for your cross right now.First of all, God bless all of you who have posted on this thread.
I have suffered anxiety issues since I was a kid. As an adult
I went through a time when I had panic attacks and then
depression.
I had been doing pretty well for the most part, I have always
had some times where I have some anxiety isssue here and there.
In the past several months though I haven’t felt right and couldn’t
figure out what it was. Today I read something about Atypical
Depression and realized that is what I have been dealing with.
At the same time we have a daughter who has been suffering
horribly with anxiety issues, OCD and stomach problems.
Today is her regular doctor appointment and she has come to
the point that she has now agreed to try medication along with
seeing the doctor. We didn’t want to her go go on the medicine
either, but we now see it is necessary. She is very nervous
about doing this however, especially since she already is
on medication for her stomach. Now that I realize what my
problem is, but do not want to start on medication myself because
I want to be carefully monitoring her and I tend to get sleepy on
this types of medications. Please pray for us and I will pray
for all of you. This is such a big cross to carry, if I didn’t have
my faith I don’t know what I would do!
I concur, for even though Mormons are technically pagans, even the Church recognizes the possibility of the salvation of good pagans.To grandma-
I just wanted to tell you that I personally know some members of the Mormon faith who love the Lord every bit as much as we do. I’m sure your daughter was in that category. God sees the heart of the person. You are not in charge of her decision to belong to the Mormon faith. Either way, Jesus met her on the other side. If she loved her husband and children as you say, I sure He was pleased to have her home.
MariaTheresa

Thank you for your prayers 244Rocket. That is very kind of you.Praying very hard to St. Dymphna for all of you.