Does anyone here play Tabletop RPG's?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kamaduck
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kamaduck

Guest
I was just wondering. Personally, I think Pathfinder is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 😃
 
I do. I’ve looked over about 5 of the Pathfinder books, but didn’t feel I should get away from my current investment.

Peace,
Ed
 
I do. I’ve looked over about 5 of the Pathfinder books, but didn’t feel I should get away from my current investment.

Peace,
Ed
Ooh, what do you play? I’m still sort of new to this, so I don’t know about all of main games out there. 🙂
 
I go way back. I play Rifts from Palladium Books. The basic summary is a post-apocalyptic earth where magic has returned, and these gateways to other worlds and dimensions, called Rifts, flow along the ground like blue glowing rivers. In the former United States, and elsewhere, you’ve got two factions: one that hates magic and loves technology and another that loves magic and hates technology. The really great part is you’ve got Wizards, Elves, Dragons and super high-tech robots and flying power armor. And one last twist. The Rifts open at random times and bring alien beings to earth called D-Bees (Dimensional Beings). I mean it’s a mix of a bunch of genres. Kind of like Shadowrun meets AD&D/Pathfinder meets aliens meets giant robots and energy weapons.

I mean, it’s the kitchen sink times 10.

Peace,
Ed
 
I go way back. I play Rifts from Palladium Books. The basic summary is a post-apocalyptic earth where magic has returned, and these gateways to other worlds and dimensions, called Rifts, flow along the ground like blue glowing rivers. In the former United States, and elsewhere, you’ve got two factions: one that hates magic and loves technology and another that loves magic and hates technology. The really great part is you’ve got Wizards, Elves, Dragons and super high-tech robots and flying power armor. And one last twist. The Rifts open at random times and bring alien beings to earth called D-Bees (Dimensional Beings). I mean it’s a mix of a bunch of genres. Kind of like Shadowrun meets AD&D/Pathfinder meets aliens meets giant robots and energy weapons.

I mean, it’s the kitchen sink times 10.

Peace,
Ed
NICE. I could have a ton of fun with something like that. 😃 Science fiction and fantasy, together in the same setting!

I’ll remember it for if my group ever gets bored of Pathfinder. 👍

It’s funny how many adults play tabletop RPG’s these days- enough that me and other teens almost feel out of place. It’s still tons of fun though, whatever age you are. I just love the idea of creating stories together as the group progresses. Way more creativity is involved than in, say, video games, but you get to play in similarly idealized and interesting worlds. 🙂
 
I was just wondering. Personally, I think Pathfinder is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 😃
I wish!!!

I have been really fascinated by gaming since I was a kid, but I can’t find anyone else that wants to play a game like that with me 😦

I’m really interested in DM’ing/judging a homebrew system of some kind.
 
Yeah, the down side is not having others to play with.

And yes, adults and some younger folk, enjoy having some real people to enjoy the game with, not just a set of adventures on a computer screen. I made some friends through role-playing. You know, that person you’ve just met turns out to be a Star Was fan and before you know it, you’re having conversations and seeing each other at get-togethers. I know a few guys who met their wives through role-playing. People are social. I mean, some computer games are OK but it’s a routine and you don’t have real people in the room, ya know?

Peace,
Ed
 
I wish!!!

I have been really fascinated by gaming since I was a kid, but I can’t find anyone else that wants to play a game like that with me 😦

I’m really interested in DM’ing/judging a homebrew system of some kind.
Aww. I’m lucky enough to have a group of 8 high school and college kids to play with. They’re awesome. I’ve never DM’d a game, but I intend to give it a try this summer. Guess we’ll see how that goes. :cool:
Yeah, the down side is not having others to play with.

And yes, adults and some younger folk, enjoy having some real people to enjoy the game with, not just a set of adventures on a computer screen. I made some friends through role-playing. You know, that person you’ve just met turns out to be a Star Was fan and before you know it, you’re having conversations and seeing each other at get-togethers. I know a few guys who met their wives through role-playing. People are social. I mean, some computer games are OK but it’s a routine and you don’t have real people in the room, ya know?
Yeah. At first my mom was leery of the time commitment, but I’ve made a lot of new friends through it. And the game itself is a great way to get to know people. It’s a different dynamic from any computer game, because it involves much more teamwork, problem-solving, and creativity. 🙂
 
I wish!!!

I have been really fascinated by gaming since I was a kid, but I can’t find anyone else that wants to play a game like that with me 😦

I’m really interested in DM’ing/judging a homebrew system of some kind.
I’m lucky in that I’ve got a small group which is finally coming back together after a year or so of hiatus :extrahappy:

We play Castles and Crusades, which is like 3rd Edition D&D without the obnoxious feats and skills rules, or, if you like, 1st/2nd ed played with 3rd ed mechanics.

One thing I am doing with the game is overhauling the cleric/mage magic rules and the alignment system – the magic rules to be closer to 2e’s Sphere/School rules (to make more distinctive mages and clerics) and homebrewing an alignment system with d20 Modern’s allegiances as the base, but also throwing in some elements of Catholic spirituality/doctrine 😉
 
I’m lucky in that I’ve got a small group which is finally coming back together after a year or so of hiatus :extrahappy:

We play Castles and Crusades, which is like 3rd Edition D&D without the obnoxious feats and skills rules, or, if you like, 1st/2nd ed played with 3rd ed mechanics.

One thing I am doing with the game is overhauling the cleric/mage magic rules and the alignment system – the magic rules to be closer to 2e’s Sphere/School rules (to make more distinctive mages and clerics) and homebrewing an alignment system with d20 Modern’s allegiances as the base, but also throwing in some elements of Catholic spirituality/doctrine 😉
Awesome. I think feats are fun, but they are a pain until you get used to them.
Which ones? 🙂
 
2e AD&D 4 lyfe.

3.5 is good too.
Don’t think I’ve played 2nd edition. My group moved right from 1st edition to Pathfinder. Lotsa rapid changes. :hypno:

I think Pathfinder’s based on 3.5, so I probably agree with you that it’s good. 🙂

I hear 4th edition isn’t so good. :o
I play D&D, world of darkness, shadowrun and star wars.
Cool. Any specific version of D&D?
 
I started tabletop RPG late in the 70’s. AD&D until we switched to In The Labyrinth. (Tried some C&C and a few Champions games.) Then moved to Gurps, and played that until the group fell apart right around the release of Gurps version 4 (which I think gave up some playability for realism, so haven’t really played it.) My 18 year old has found my Gurps books, ordered his own copy of Gurps, and is introducing his friends to the game.

Wouldn’t mind playing again. Don’t know what system I would use. Hated the D&D magic system and alignment system. There are some free systems out there (Risus, and Fudge) that might be worth trying (although, from my read through of Fudge, it seems a bit complicated to ref, leaves a lot up to the ref to decide).

Tom A.
 
I’ve played 3.5 and borrowed rules from Pathfinder. However, never have campaigns survived more than a few sessions. Hopefully that’ll be different if I run a campaign in Legend this fall with some guys from my dorm.

Legend– Originally a set of houserules for 3.5/PF created in the Playground. Now housed at ruleofcool.com

Playground– The best gaming forum out there. Oh, and the Razanir posting there is me
 
I’ve played DnD 3.5, my first RPG, earlier this year. I also want to give the Star Wars RPG a try. I’ve found that its hard to find other Christians/Catholics that are interested, but its definitely a really fun pastime. I’d also like to try the Marvel/DC comics RPGs.
 
I’ve played DnD 3.5, my first RPG, earlier this year. I also want to give the Star Wars RPG a try. I’ve found that its hard to find other Christians/Catholics that are interested, but its definitely a really fun pastime. I’d also like to try the Marvel/DC comics RPGs.
well you know… cults rumors ect.
 
I’ve played DnD 3.5, my first RPG, earlier this year. I also want to give the Star Wars RPG a try. I’ve found that its hard to find other Christians/Catholics that are interested, but its definitely a really fun pastime. I’d also like to try the Marvel/DC comics RPGs.
I played Marvel Superheroes back in the day…also Gamma World, Twilight: 2000, Star Trek, Star Frontiers, Top Secret, Fudge, GURPS, and starting it all off, AD&D. I still have the polyhedral dice I bought back in 1982.

Haven’t played in about 8 years. The closest I get to it now is rejigging some of the D&D character classes to make them closer to the faux-medieval Christian archetypes (tropes?). Like changing the druid to a cross between a forest hermit and St Francis. Or taking the Oriental Adventures monastery and dropping it in rural England, turning the monls into Friar Tucks* and the sohei into lay brothers with honkin’ big sticks.

Wanna bet what happens when Abbot Dermuyd bops you on the noggin with a big metal crozier? That hook ain’t just for show, baby: Improved Trip! *WHAP!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top