Does the devil have the power to destroy belongings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LP4H
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LP4H

Guest
Sorry if this has been brought up before, I honestly didn’t know what to type in the search.

I’ve been wondering this lately. Does the devil (or his demons) have the power to destroy/manipulate/etc. personal belongings or household items? Obviously, people can be tempted to sin, and people can be possessed, but the devil is bound by what God allows him to do, so I don’t know what a proper answer to this question would be. Thanks for any help!
 
I’ve been wondering this lately. Does the devil (or his demons) have the power to destroy/manipulate/etc. personal belongings or household items? Obviously, people can be tempted to sin, and people can be possessed, but the devil is bound by what God allows him to do, so I don’t know what a proper answer to this question would be. Thanks for any help!
I would say yes, but like any other tangible spiritual intervention, it is very rare.
 
Sorry if this has been brought up before, I honestly didn’t know what to type in the search.

I’ve been wondering this lately. Does the devil (or his demons) have the power to destroy/manipulate/etc. personal belongings or household items? Obviously, people can be tempted to sin, and people can be possessed, but the devil is bound by what God allows him to do, so I don’t know what a proper answer to this question would be. Thanks for any help!
Have you never read the book of Job in the Old Testament? The devil didn’t just destroy Job’s possessions, but killed his children as well, in an effort to tempt him to sin by cursing God.
 
I am familiar with Job (though, honestly, I didn’t even think of it).

Okay, time to show off my lack of knowledge (which is why I come to you folks, the experts), and my apologies if any of this comes off incredibly stupid. Job was OT, I was under the impression that the devil has been more bound than ever since Jesus died on the cross and destroyed sin, and that he wouldn’t be completely released until the end times. Is this right or wrong?
 
I am familiar with Job (though, honestly, I didn’t even think of it).

Okay, time to show off my lack of knowledge (which is why I come to you folks, the experts), and my apologies if any of this comes off incredibly stupid. Job was OT, I was under the impression that the devil has been more bound than ever since Jesus died on the cross and destroyed sin, and that he wouldn’t be completely released until the end times. Is this right or wrong?
No, Satan is just as active today. There’s a thread somewhere about the exorcism of a girl…look it up, it’s a good read.
 
I’ve been wondering this lately. Does the devil (or his demons) have the power to destroy/manipulate/etc. personal belongings or household items? Obviously, people can be tempted to sin, and people can be possessed, but the devil is bound by what God allows him to do, so I don’t know what a proper answer to this question would be. Thanks for any help!
I cannot answer your question becasue I do not know.

But what I DO know is that we give satan [small ‘s’ intended] a lot more credit than is due.

In fact, a lot of what we experience as evil, is manifestations of minor spirits. Satan is too busy trying to catch bigger fish. he is after nations and national bodies. We are too small for him. Christ obviously did not think so, but he evidently does
 
I cannot answer your question becasue I do not know.

But what I DO know is that we give satan [small ‘s’ intended] a lot more credit than is due.

In fact, a lot of what we experience as evil, is manifestations of minor spirits. Satan is too busy trying to catch bigger fish. he is after nations and national bodies. We are too small for him. Christ obviously did not think so, but he evidently does
Code:
Don’t underestimate him though…his minions have to respond to him in the end! He may be brought in when it is thought we are only dealing with minions! Satanic oppression is different than his minions’ going-ons thought…
 
Have you never read the book of Job in the Old Testament? The devil didn’t just destroy Job’s possessions, but killed his children as well, in an effort to tempt him to sin by cursing God.
Great Post… but you forgot the most important part.

The Devil only has power that God gives him, on his own Satan can do nothing.

Peace
 
We had quite a go around on another board about this sort of thing where a poster (Christian) soon began demanding satan be shown, … “the respect he rightly deserves” absolutely unbelievable!!

After Jesus, it’s written … “resist him and he will flee” not just go away, but flee!!

… there’s far too much attention given to him. In the book of Job, he lost!
 
Great Post… but you forgot the most important part.

The Devil only has power that God gives him, on his own Satan can do nothing.

Peace
That’s what made me wonder about this. The devil can only do what God allows him.

I’d like a link to that exorcism story, I’m not sure what it is or where to find it (unless it’s that one about the Calvinists, I did see that one).

Thanks for all of the great replies! I don’t post here often, but I do read the forums almost every day, and I’ve gotta say, you folks are great!
 
We had quite a go around on another board about this sort of thing where a poster (Christian) soon began demanding satan be shown, … “the respect he rightly deserves” absolutely unbelievable!!

After Jesus, it’s written … “resist him and he will flee” not just go away, but flee!!

… there’s far too much attention given to him. In the book of Job, he lost!
Code:
I think we always need balance. Giving him too much attention and/or ignoring him is as detrimental…he does exist. Our battle is with him…but we have the Cross as our Victory. Even our saints had to deal with these devils on a daily basis…were they giving him too much attention?
 
I definitely believe that evil spirits conspire in ways large and small to confound us. I’ll never forget one year when a friend and I were about to go out Christmas shopping. I had no savings, and all my shopping money was in my wallet, which I had left on the dashboard of my car(doors locked, of course). When my friend and I were ready to leave, we got in the car and I immediately saw that my wallet was missing. We searched the entire car top to bottom; no wallet. We then searched the house; no wallet. My friend then said, ‘Go outside and check the car again.’ I did so, and there was my wallet right on the dashboard where I had left it. We had locked the car doors after our initial search, so no one could have got in during our absence to replace the wallet. I was stumped. I said to my friend, ‘It’s like a miracle.’ He said ‘It was a miracle. While we searching the house, I prayed to St. Anthony that we would find it, and we have.’ This sent chills through me, as it was almost as if the wallet were there on the dashboard the entire time, and the prayer to St. Anthony disabled whatever force was concealing it from our eyes. To this day I am certain this is what happened.
 
In I Cor 5 or 6 a man is handed over to Satan to destroy his flesh, In II Cor 12 Satan was sent to torture Paul, in both cases he had to Get God’s permission just like he had to get God’s permission to go after Job. Also, in the end times Satan main man is going to be released for a while to run amonk.

2 Thessalonians 2

1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
5Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
 
I think we always need balance. Giving him too much attention and/or ignoring him is as detrimental…he does exist. Our battle is with him…but we have the Cross as our Victory. Even our saints had to deal with these devils on a daily basis…were they giving him too much attention?
Each to his own but I disagree, giving atttention to anyone is to receive attention in return … the OT says I shall fear no evil for the Lord is with me, the NT says resist him and he will flee.

As Paul declared, it is no I that live but Christ who lives in me … with that there’s just no room for satan.
 
Each to his own but I disagree, giving atttention to anyone is to receive attention in return … the OT says I shall fear no evil for the Lord is with me, the NT says resist him and he will flee.

As Paul declared, it is no I that live but Christ who lives in me … with that there’s just no room for satan.
Code:
This is the extreme I avoid. The devil does not want attention at all my friend…he works in the dark. That is why we must bring everything into the Light and this is where he loses his power. Avoid talking about him, and this gives him strength to work in the shadows. Too much of this is prevalent now. Our Saints have ALWAYS preached against the wiles of the devil…and this way he has no hold on anybody, It is new Age thinking that talking about (in balance of course) gives him energy.

And God also said…’…and my people perish for lack of knwledge…’ God bless…
 
This is the extreme I avoid. The devil does not want attention at all my friend…he works in the dark. That is why we must bring everything into the Light and this is where he loses his power. Avoid talking about him, and this gives him strength to work in the shadows. Too much of this is prevalent now. Our Saints have ALWAYS preached against the wiles of the devil…and this way he has no hold on anybody, It is new Age thinking that talking about (in balance of course) gives him energy.

And God also said…’…and my people perish for lack of knwledge…’ God bless…
So what is too much attention? Where do you part lines from too little attention and too much attention?

… what is just the right amount attention?
 
So what is too much attention? Where do you part lines from too little attention and too much attention?

… what is just the right amount attention?
Code:
Too much attention would certainly include a curiosity just for the sake of curiosity. Enough people are just plain curious about the devil’s activity in, let’s say an exorcism. That is too much attention. The devil has some power but only the power that God allows him to have.

Too much attention would not fall into the realm of knowing about his activity, let us say, in our own lives when we fall into his traps in regards to sin. Or when we get involved in, let us say, in this new Age stuff that is so prevalent today. Most people pou-pou any demonic activity here at all especially if they receive something positive out of it. Like Reiki for instance…I know one woman who continues to get ‘healed’ through Reiki even over the phone. The devil can imitate, let us say, the healing that is had through the sacrament of the sick, or any Charismatic healing that is had by those who are gigted with this gift. They do not see the difference. This same lady has a ‘demon’ within her and it doesn’t take much to unravel that. But that is a hwole different story.

I have been part of an exorcism team for 5 years over this one lady who was involved in mind control. One needs to unravel the demonic activity within this kind of stuff. It is amazing how this is becoming more prevalent. So manyu ot the devil’s tools are being construed as something positive when it is totally the opposite. People need to be warned about the different things that are happening within the world and be told that it is demonic…whether they listen or not is not our problem. They will have to answer to God themselves.

Too little attention is poo-pooing a lot of this stuff. Forwarned is forarmed! The sacrament if confession is so out of use anymore…and this is where the devil wins a lot. A lot of people say they do not sin! What lie is this? Certainly not god’s!
 
Too much attention would certainly include a curiosity just for the sake of curiosity. Enough people are just plain curious about the devil’s activity in, let’s say an exorcism. That is too much attention. The devil has some power but only the power that God allows him to have.

Too much attention would not fall into the realm of knowing about his activity, let us say, in our own lives when we fall into his traps in regards to sin. Or when we get involved in, let us say, in this new Age stuff that is so prevalent today. Most people pou-pou any demonic activity here at all especially if they receive something positive out of it. Like Reiki for instance…I know one woman who continues to get ‘healed’ through Reiki even over the phone. The devil can imitate, let us say, the healing that is had through the sacrament of the sick, or any Charismatic healing that is had by those who are gigted with this gift. They do not see the difference. This same lady has a ‘demon’ within her and it doesn’t take much to unravel that. But that is a hwole different story.

I have been part of an exorcism team for 5 years over this one lady who was involved in mind control. One needs to unravel the demonic activity within this kind of stuff. It is amazing how this is becoming more prevalent. So manyu ot the devil’s tools are being construed as something positive when it is totally the opposite. People need to be warned about the different things that are happening within the world and be told that it is demonic…whether they listen or not is not our problem. They will have to answer to God themselves.

Too little attention is poo-pooing a lot of this stuff. Forwarned is forarmed! The sacrament if confession is so out of use anymore…and this is where the devil wins a lot. A lot of people say they do not sin! What lie is this? Certainly not god’s!
You’re on an Exorcism team?? And you can say with absolute honesty that you’re not just trying to support your own passtime and interest here?

Do you consider candles, and cats for instance as being carriers of demons and evil?
 
Hey Folks…

I think what you need to take into consideration, is first and foremost… Satan is a Tool of God.

Satan was created by God to do what he does…and Satan has made good use of that Power.

Satan has placed himself well… and is right where you are not expecting to find him… and where he can do the most damage… he is writing Church Doctrine… ordinances and practices…

He was having Christians Burned at the Stake around 600 AD for just being in possesion of any Holy Scripture not written in Latin…how good is that !

However in the end at the consumation of Gods plan… his knee shall also bend and his tounge swear allegiance to God.

Peace
 
You’re on an Exorcism team?? And you can say with absolute honesty that you’re not just trying to support your own passtime and interest here?

Do you consider candles, and cats for instance as being carriers of demons and evil?
Code:
Being part of an exorcism (something i did not search at all) and being curious of all that pertains to one is attention the devil does not need. Curiosity killed the cat! 😛
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top