Donald Trump Explains Conversion to Pro-Life Side on Abortion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abyssinia

Guest
Business mogul Donald Trump shocked attendees at the conservative CPC conference in February when he declared himself pro-life after years of supporting the pro-abortion position.

Today, in a new interview with CBN News’ David Brody, Trump explains the evolution of his thinking and how stories of pregnancies — including one in particular — helped change his mind on abortion.

lifenews.com/2011/04/08/donald-trump-explains-conversion-to-pro-life-side-on-abortion/
Which translates into “I want to run for President; I’ll tell people what they want to hear so hopefully they’ll vote for me”. Fail.
 
Which translates into “I want to run for President; I’ll tell people what they want to hear so hopefully they’ll vote for me”. Fail.
Don’t be pessimistic. He could have actually converted.
 
I like Trump, actually. And at least his conversion is in the right direction;)
 
Which translates into “I want to run for President; I’ll tell people what they want to hear so hopefully they’ll vote for me”. Fail.
I’m inclined to agree with you, especially after I heard him say on the radio (paraphrasing) “voters shouldn’t let social issues prevent them from voting for someone who can beat Obama, the important thing is beating Obama.”

He also said he was “fine” on all issues. So I guess a few words as he’s a’right as it were. Pathetic. :rolleyes:
 
How far can we trust Trump?
I dont’ know, but we know we can’t trust Obama.

I’m glad for anyone who is pro-life. As a revert - I’ve changed from a relativism postion to a pro-life position. It’s proof that people do change.
 
What does Barack have to do with Trump?
The question from phoenix was not if we can trust Trump, but how far. How do we quantify that? Feet? Miles? How about a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a person you trust least. Who wants to guess who I would give a 1 to?
 
+For someone as high profile as Donald Trump . . . to reverse their previous position of pro-death of defenseless children . . . and to publically come out against the violent murder of millions upon millions of children through abortion . . . who should have been warm and safe in their mother’s wombs . . .** is marvelous! . . .
+
** Praise God! +

To . . . blindly . . . demean and criticize his motives . . . whatever they may be . . . is indulging in evil imagination . . . and is most uncharitable for any Christian . . . *Catholic or otherwise *. . . this change of position is a very. . . very . . . positive one for the Pro Life cause . . .


+The Holy :bible1: Bible
1st Epistle Of Saint Paul To The Corinthians
**Chapter 13 **
***Charity is to be preferred before all gifts. ***
[1] If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal+. [2] And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4]
Charity is patient, is kind: charity envieth not, dealeth not perversely; is not puffed up; [5] Is not ambitious, seeketh not her own, is not provoked to anger, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth with the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] **Charity **never falleth away: whether prophecies shall be made void, or tongues shall cease, or knowledge shall be destroyed. [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [10] But when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.
[11] When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child. [12] We see now through a glass in a dark manner; but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then I shall know even as I am known. [13] And now there remain **faith, hope, and **charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity.
+
. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Blessed Lord Jesus our Saviour+
. . . Praise God from whom all blessings flow+
:harp:
​
 
+For someone as high profile as Donald Trump . . . to reverse their previous position of pro-death of defenseless children . . . and to publically come out against the violent murder of millions upon millions of children through abortion . . . who should have been warm and safe in their mother’s wombs . . .** is marvelous!** . . .
+**** Praise God! +

To . . . blindly . . . demean and criticize his motives . . . whatever they may be . . . is indulging in evil imagination . . . and is most uncharitable for any Christian . . . *Catholic or otherwise *. . . this change of position is a very. . . very . . . positive one for the Pro Life cause . . .

. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Blessed Lord Jesus our Saviour+
. . . Praise God from whom all blessings flow+

:harp:​

What are you going to do if he is elected and suddenly changes his position again??​
 
I like Trump, actually. And at least his conversion is in the right direction;)
He said it’s in the right direction. We hope he sincerely means that.
Don’t be pessimistic. He could have actually converted.
Could have. Any real actions to prove this?
It’ll take a lot more then words to convince to me.
Ditto.
Does anyone believe that he is sincere in light of his past statements about his positions? I don’t.
He doesn’t seem to be the type of guy to really change on such a position. I think he sees Obama as weak, and sees abortion as a policy stepping stone to gain traction against a failing president. Especially with all the noise directed against Planned Parenthood, I think Donald realizes America is overall turning on abortion and best he jump on board to get elected.

Now. I admit, this is speculation, and he may have justly changed heart. And if it comes to the final election day, and it is him against Obama…I will vote for candidate professing pro-life views. However, I will put more trust in other candidates with actual records, and will not hold my breath with Trump.
 
+For someone as high profile as Donald Trump . . . to reverse their previous position of pro-death of defenseless children . . . and to publically come out against the violent murder of millions upon millions of children through abortion . . . who should have been warm and safe in their mother’s wombs . . .** is marvelous!** . . .
+**** Praise God! +

To . . . blindly . . . demean and criticize his motives . . . whatever they may be . . . is indulging in evil imagination . . . and is most uncharitable for any Christian . . . *Catholic or otherwise *. . . this change of position is a very. . . very . . . positive one for the Pro Life cause . . .

. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Blessed Lord Jesus our Saviour+
. . . Praise God from whom all blessings flow+

:harp:​

No it’s brilliant. Because his original position was never really called into question, he can basically say what he wants. The way I see it, he is using the nations situation as leverage for his own motives, and he knows that if he were publicly pro-abortion, he wouldn’t stand a chance.

Now is not the time for blind following.​
 
WARNING

Questioning someone’s spirituality is not allowed here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top