R
rft183
Guest
I think you need to work on focusing on God more, rather than yourself and your husband. The sin damaged your relationship with God. It was thanks to his mercy and grace that it did not damage your relationship with your future spouse.
I am in RCIA as a Candidate, so I have not experienced Confession yet. However, I have committed the same sin as you. When I do confess that sin, I am not sorry that it hurt my relationship with my now-wife, because I don’t believe that it did (Thank you, God). But I am sorry that I have hurt God. God loves us very much, and he wants to build a relationship with us. When we do things that damage that relationship, we should be sorry for that, not necessarily the earthly results of that sin. Would I do things the same way again? Like you, I am now married so I should not be in that situation anytime soon. I am thankful for that, but there are enough other temptations that I need to watch out for. I am looking forward to the graces that God offers through sacramental confession.
I am in RCIA as a Candidate, so I have not experienced Confession yet. However, I have committed the same sin as you. When I do confess that sin, I am not sorry that it hurt my relationship with my now-wife, because I don’t believe that it did (Thank you, God). But I am sorry that I have hurt God. God loves us very much, and he wants to build a relationship with us. When we do things that damage that relationship, we should be sorry for that, not necessarily the earthly results of that sin. Would I do things the same way again? Like you, I am now married so I should not be in that situation anytime soon. I am thankful for that, but there are enough other temptations that I need to watch out for. I am looking forward to the graces that God offers through sacramental confession.