Drinking alcohol - when is it enough

• Thread starter Thread starter JacktheCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it said that Jesus turned the water into high quality Grape Juice ( Welch’s , ha ) or that since their water was often unsafe to drink, that’s why they had the custom of drinking wine.

Which demon do you fight first?
There’s only one demon I need to deal with: the one inside of me. It’s the state in which I’m separated from God and that makes me unable to live as a human being.

When I joined NA and really grabbed hold of that program, that began to change. As I learned how to be a human being, my drive to get high fell away and my many inappropriate behaviors began to be replaced with ones more worthy of a child of God. Last Friday was the 33rd anniversary of the last time I used drugs, and I still think it’s amazing that I get another day. It’s been over thirty years since the last time I really wanted to get high; sometimes it still looks good but like Al Kresta says: “birds fly through the air; we don’t have to let them nest on our heads”.

So long as I deal with that demon, the others can’t harm me very much.

Last edited:
I have heard it said that Jesus turned the water into high quality Grape Juice ( Welch’s , ha ) or that since their water was often unsafe to drink, that’s why they had the custom of drinking wine.
my baptist professor Protestant Theology at my Catholic university noted that he got in trouble growing up for not understanding why Jesus was criticized for too much Welch’s . . .

And, seriously, the context makes it pretty clear that was real wine, not juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back