Dungeons & Dragons roleplay. Yes or no?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fox
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluebutterfly,

You’re begging the question; you’re assuming your conclusion as a premise. Of course satan uses subtle tricks, and of course people can be dragged into occult practices through seemingly innocuous things. But you haven’t offered any evidence that Dungeons & Dragons is one of those subtle tricks. You just keep repeating that D&D images the occult and is evil, and so it is immoral and dangerous to play it. I’m challenging your premise: on what grounds do you say that D&D images the occult? From what facts do you deduce that D&D is evil?

I argued in my last post that Dungeons & Dragons “magic” has nothing whatsoever to do with the occult because it is of an entirely different nature than occult magic and because nothing anyone ever does while playing D&D even remotely resembles real occult rituals. Do you disagree with that? On what grounds?
 
Bluebutterfly,

But you haven’t offered any evidence that Dungeons & Dragons is one of those subtle tricks . . . Dungeons & Dragons “magic” has nothing whatsoever to do with the occult because it is of an entirely different nature than occult magic and because nothing anyone ever does while playing D&D even remotely resembles real occult rituals. Do you disagree with that? On what grounds?
You are using the premis that there is “good” magic and “evil” magic. That is exactly the sugar-coating on the poison. That is also the argument used by wicca witches.

Research the “real” thing yourself and if you do not see the parallels, then you are blinded by satan already. It is play-acting satan whoreship (misspelling intentional).
 
You are using the premis that there is “good” magic and “evil” magic. That is exactly the sugar-coating on the poison. That is also the argument used by wicca witches.

Research the “real” thing yourself and if you do not see the parallels, then you are blinded by satan already. It is play-acting satan whoreship (misspelling intentional).
I know what you say is true. Why just the other night I was practicing spells and accidentally changed my wife into a ferret. She was quite cross with me for about a week.
 
I get the impression this chat is filled with dark recruiters.
 
Don’t know about dark recruiters, but methinks there at least one troll lurking under this particular bridge.

– Mark L. Chance.
You just proved my point about allowing fantasy role-playing (and the demonic characterizations/solutions) to seep into a person’s life.
 
You just proved my point about allowing fantasy role-playing (and the demonic characterizations/solutions) to seep into a person’s life.
So it’s your contention that I’m under the influence of evil based on the content of a single post?

– Mark L. Chance.
 
You just proved my point about allowing fantasy role-playing (and the demonic characterizations/solutions) to seep into a person’s life.
Bluebutterfly, do you understand the term “internet troll”? I’m pretty sure that’s what he was making a reference to.
 
As I said before, people who denounce others as satanic typically present a false dichotomy.
 
Don’t know about dark recruiters, but methinks there’s at least one troll lurking under this particular bridge.
I think you may be on to something, Mr. Chance.
I get the impression this chat is filled with dark recruiters.
Bluebutterfly, to clarify: did you just state that not one, but several people on this thread participate in occult activities?
 
That’s not name-calling. That’s recognition of someone whose purpose here is to provoke posters with irrational arguments.
Is that what you and he are doing? I have not been provoked but have told the truth. I challenge you to compare and see if they are not parallel. (Or do you really already know.)
 
I think you may be on to something, Mr. Chance.

Bluebutterfly, to clarify: did you just state that not one, but several people on this thread participate in occult activities?
The question was, is Dungeons and Dragons (and Harry Potter) evil. I pointed out that they parallel satanist rituals and witchcraft, which it does. Then, there seemed to be a lot of defensiveness. I’m not the one making it personal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top