Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the website and I think it sounds awesome. I joined 🙂

40.png
hk102003:
What is E5?
www.e5men.org does a very good job of explaining! 🙂

This is taken from the webpage:

**The e5 Man fasts for his bride to imitate Jesus as described by Saint Paul in his letter to the Ephesians, chapter 5 (for which e5 is named). Fasting is eating only bread and water.

Jesus made a bodily sacrifice on the cross for His Bride the Church to present her to God the Father “without spot or wrinkle.” (Eph 5:27) By fasting for our earthly bride and joining our sufferings to Christ’s we bring our brides to holiness. At the same time our act of bodily love in union with Christ accelerates our own conversion.

By making this sacrifice for the women in our lives we live out the essence of the gospel through a very particular act of self denial. To lay down one’s body out of love for another is the whole DNA of the gospel.

There is a section for women also, though I believe it is a supportive role. Personally, I think that Eph. 5 is one of the most misunderstood parts of the bible. I believe that a man living up to the verse is much harder than the woman’s part, which is usually what gets all the attention. Go to the webpage for more info!

John

40.png
yochumjy:
The first Wed. of the month is almost here. How many E5 men/women are out there?

I joined about a year ago to fast for my wife to deepen her faith.

MY husband is one…and I am the beneficiary.

What an amazing group.

I’m one, and there are a few more guys at Western that I know about!

I’m one, too. It was really hard at the beginning before I learned to taper off of the coffee for a couple of days before the First Wednesday. It is still not easy but the harder it is for me in any month, the more I realize that I need to do this.

In Christ’s Love,
ILO

I am an e5 man

(But am transferring my fast to another day this month – The bride I fast for was emergency hospitalized yesterday, and I could not properly dispose myself to fast today. I humbly ask you other e5’s to add her to your prayers. Thanks)

40.png
tee_eff_em:
I am an e5 man

(But am transferring my fast to another day this month – The bride I fast for was emergency hospitalized yesterday, and I could not properly dispose myself to fast today. I humbly ask you other e5’s to add her to your prayers. Thanks)
I hope everything is okay.

Stephanie

I was fortunate to be able to volunteer for a few years at The Gift Foundation. Nothing fancy, just boxed up tape sets. But it was cool to be apart of something that you know changes peoples lives for the better. And probably helps bring a few more souls into the world too!

This Fathers Day we will be passing out info on E-5 at our Parish.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Great topic. Perhaps we could take the discussion to a deeper level. For those who are E5 men, how has fasting for your bride changed you, your spouse, your marriage and/or others?

I have to admit that I was totally taken by surprise by the power of fasting for my wife. I heard about E5 through some men in our St Joseph’s Covenant Keepers group. My wife had actually heard about this before I did and was very much aware of what it was all about. While I initially thought that it was a little strange, I gave it a try. I was amazed at how in the sacrifice selfless love flourishes. My wife not only supports my fasting, she is overwhelmed by the act of giving. The change brought about by this simple act has far reaching effects on my marriage, family, church and entire outlook on life. By being an e5 man, I get a small taste of what Christ truly did for all of us. Never underestimate the power in this simple practice!

Marys daughter:
tee_eff_em said:
I hope everything is okay.

Stephanie

Thank you for your prayers. My bride is returned home today. She is recuperating from back sugery and experienced a bit of relapse this week. Her surgeon is unsure yet whether it will be corrected medically or if another surgery will be required (should know in about a week).

tee

The first Wed. of the month is almost here. How many E5 men/women are out there?

www.e5men.org

I’m one… for my wife and my daughter in the Philippines. I am currently working here in United Arab Emirates (Middle East).

Noyden

I’m one also. It’s great to get to have a forum with you guys!! It’s amazing and it really helps.
I want to exort you all yo join in the special foces. In a way it makes it easyer after a while. And then you have more chances in each month to give.

I have a question. I have never told my wife about it or why I do it. All she knows is that Wednesdays I fast but she doesn’t know it has anything to do with her. The reason I have not told her, is to keep myself humble and let her thank God in all.
Do you think I should tell her? Does it work better if she knows? Any of you whith some experience on this?

Blessings,
J.C.

40.png
jc_escobar:
I have a question. I have never told my wife about it or why I do it. All she knows is that Wednesdays I fast but she doesn’t know it has anything to do with her. The reason I have not told her, is to keep myself humble and let her thank God in all.
Do you think I should tell her? Does it work better if she knows? Any of you whith some experience on this?
Good question. My bride does know that I fast for her, which only bothers me a little bit. Here is how: She alters her behavior to make my fast “easier” (or at least to not make it more difficult). She won’t cook a meal she knows I particularly enjoy so as not to tempt me, even though she and the kids enjoy it too. I ask her not to change her plans in this way, but I’m pretty sure she still takes my fasting into account. :hmmm:

I am so excited that there are so many involved in this ministry! I first heard about it from Christopher West, and I thought it was one of the most beautiful ideas I’ve heard of in a long time. I will pray for you guys, and I hope that you will spread the word about this ministry so that it can be a prevalent force within the Church, and the world!

jp2fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back