P
PiousTemplar
Guest
This anti-catholic woman is incorrect in just about everything, but do we have the right to call her a ‘false Prophet’? Or is that simply uncharitable?
You know I heard one time that she prophesied(back in the 19th century) a thawing in relations between the Catholic Church and the Protestant(broadly speaking) organizations. Even if she was a false prophet(being that she was out of step with the Church and the Holy See)in general, it doesn’t mean that all of her predictions were wrong. I would just focus on staying in line with the Church and warning others about her. What she was or wasn’t will become manifest in due time.This anti-catholic woman is incorrect in just about everything, but do we have the right to call her a ‘false Prophet’? Or is that simply uncharitable?
Anyone can predict something like that though. It’s like me saying ‘I predict that there will be another tsunami’.You know I heard one time that she prophesied(back in the 19th century) a thawing in relations between the Catholic Church and the Protestant(broadly speaking) organizations. Even if she was a false prophet(being that she was out of step with the Church and the Holy See)in general, it doesn’t mean that all of her predictions were wrong. I would just stay in line with the Church and warn others about her. What she was or wasn’t will become manifest in due time.
Let us call a spade a spade…and be truthful about it…is she was a false prophet, let it be so, there is no hiding the fact…be we should be charitable about it though.This anti-catholic woman is incorrect in just about everything, but do we have the right to call her a ‘false Prophet’? Or is that simply uncharitable?
Just because she predicted something that turned out later to have occurred doesn’t mean it came from the Divine. It could have come from the devil. Recalling what I read in The Rite…one way an exorcist discerns possession by an evil spirit is the knowing of the unknown. And this was also shown in the movie version, if you watched it.You know I heard one time that she prophesied(back in the 19th century) a thawing in relations between the Catholic Church and the Protestant(broadly speaking) organizations. Even if she was a false prophet(being that she was out of step with the Church and the Holy See)in general, it doesn’t mean that all of her predictions were wrong. I would just focus on staying in line with the Church and warning others about her. What she was or wasn’t will become manifest in due time.
Care to explain?i wouldn’t call her a false prophet.
It would help if you were informed. Ellen G. White was deceived.i wouldn’t call her a false prophet.
i can`t vouch that Ellen G White personally prophesied the above; but if she did, her motive was skewed…You know I heard one time that she prophesied(back in the 19th century) a thawing in relations between the Catholic Church and the Protestant(broadly speaking) organizations…
s day, His enrmies condemned whatever He did. Ditto for the Churchs enemies: EG White, H Armstrong, J Chick et al.I have not watched the movie. Interesting.Just because she predicted something that turned out later to have occurred doesn’t mean it came from the Divine. It could have come from the devil. Recalling what I read in The Rite…one way an exorcist discerns possession by an evil spirit is the knowing of the unknown. And this was also shown in the movie version, if you watched it.
The exorcist asked a trainee to place an object in a bag. While conducting the exorcism, the exorcist asks what is in the bag…and the object is correctly named by the possessed.
I remember reading Chick comics when I was young. They have a very good way of turning people against Catholics and the Church. Somehow I resisted the “need” of evangelizing Catholics, I think it was fear.In our Lords day, His enrmies condemned whatever He did. Ditto for the Churchs enemies: EG White, H Armstrong, J Chick et al.
The Eighth Commandment still stands!
Yes.I have not watched the movie. Interesting.
Back to the point, wasn’t Ellen G White one of the founders of the Seventh Day Adventists?
Actually, I could see them doing quite a bit of good in a Catholic parish’s library. So long as they came with a disclaimer to be used for apologetic work only (how can one refute and disprove something they know nothing about?) and if any questions arise or any doubts form, to contact the parish priest or their spiritual advisor.Well let me say this someone tried to donate some of her writings to the parish library that I take care of and I lost no time in getting them out of there selling them at the half price bookstore and then buying something that was more appropriate for a Catholic Library of course I have not seen the people who donated them since our former priest who was very liberal left and was replaced with a priest who follows the magisterium of the church.
Off topic, but:I remember reading Chick comics when I was young. They have a very good way of turning people against Catholics and the Church…
em) was deceived. Its more a case of downright bigotry and mean-spiritedness; on a par with EG White. Add Charles Chiniquy to the list.t agree more. To be able to refute their accusations, we have to know what our enemies say about us. The anti-Catholic sects have Catholic literature......which they quote out of context: eg a Vatican document which supposedly claims that we Catholics have the Mass INSTEAD of Calvary. This claim was made in an SDA pamphlet (which i managed to lose). Someone in the SDA organisation knows that the document doesnt say that at all. Unrepentant slandering liars of this magnitude will have trouble entering Heaven.…Spring 1843 = 1st disapointment / spring 1844 = 2nd disapointment.My principles in brief, are, that Jesus Christ will come again to this earth, cleanse, purify, and take posession of the saints, sometime between March 21, 1843 and March 21,1844.
As history aptly demonstrates, Jesus did NOT return in the spring of 1843 OR in the spring of 1844…
As is clearly demonstrated - the Seventh Month & Midnight cry was NOT via Miller, Miller only accepted this new teaching from Storrs and Snow…Dear Bro. Himes, I see a glory in the seventh month movement which I never saw before. Thank the Lord, O my soul. Let Brother Snow, Brother Storrs and others be blessed for their instrumentality in opening my eyes. I am almost home Glory! Glory! Glory!!! I see that the time is correct…
In case any missed it - Ellen White made a prophecy she claimed was from God…Others rashly denied the light behind them, and said, that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out, leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and lost sight of the mark and of Jesus, and fell of teh path down into the dark wicked world below. It was just AS IMPOSSIBLE for THEM to get on the path again and go to the city AS ALL THE WICKED WORLD WHICH GOD** HAD** REJECTED.
So, shortly after the Great Disapointment Ellen had given up on the 7th month movement and “SHUT DOOR”…When she received her first vision Dec 1844, she and all the band in Portland Maine had given up the midnight cry, and shut door as being in the past. It was then that the Lord shew her in vision the error into which she and the band in Portland had fallen. She then
related her vision to the band, and about 60 confessed their error and acknowledged their 7th month experience to be the work of God.
Notice the date - at this point Miller is STILL maintaining the Midnight CRY doctrine Storrs and Snow convinced him of…we have done OUR work in warning sinners, and in trying to awake a formal church. God in his providence has SHUT THE DOOR;
we can ONLY stir “one another up” to be patient; and be dilligent to make our calling and election sure.
Day Star sept 20:From the ASCENSTION, to the SHUTTING OF THE DOOR in October 1844 Jesus stood wth widespread arms of love, and mercy ready to receive and plead the cause of EVERY sinner, who would come to God by him.
This next quote will leave no doubt as to Ellen using her visions to teach MASSIVE error…The fall of babylon commenced in the spring of 43 when the churches all around, began to fall into a cold state, and was complete on the 7th month 44 when their last faint ray of hope was taken up from a wicked world church.
Ironic, isn’t IT! At the point Miller is giving all he has of what little of his earthly life he’s got left to pleading with people to drop the “SHUT DOOR”…After I had the vision and God gave me light, he bade me to deliver it to the band, but I shrank from it. I was young, and I thought they would not receive it from me. I disobeyed the Lord and instead of remaining at home, where the meeting was to be that night. I got in a sleigh in the morning and rode three or 4 miles and there I found Joseph Turner. Here merely inquired how I was and if I was in the way of my DUTY. I said nothing, for I knew I was not. I passed up chamber and did not see him agan for two hours, when he came up, asked if I was to be at meeting that night. I told him no, He said he wanted to hear my vision and thought it DUTY for me to go home. I told him I should not. He said no more but went away. I thought and told those around me if I wnt I would have to come OUT AGAINST his views, THINKING HE BELIEVED WITH THE REST. I had not told any of them what God had shown me, and I did not tell them in what I should cross his track. Very early the next morning Joseph Turner called, said he was haste going out of the city in a short time, and wanted that I should tell him all that God had shown me in vision. It was with fear and trembling I told him all. After I had got through he said he had told out the same last evening. I REJOICED, for I had expected he was coming out against me. for all the while Ihad NOT HEARD ANY ONE SAY WHAT HE BELIEVED.