M
mwscott
Guest
Good bye. Merry Christmas.
I already pointed out that:So did the CDWDS say what the priest, deacon or EMHC should do when they are approached by a non-communicant for a “blessing”?
Thanks for the clarification. Until the CDWDS issues a directive on what to do, I see no reason not to follow the direction of our pastors in this regard, if our pastors have not given us any reason to not trust their pastorship.I already pointed out that:
This reply … did not say anything about discouraging people from coming up for a blessing, simply that the Church’s discipline instructs them not to. The response also did not say what to do if a person does come up expecting a blessing.
That is Lepanto’s question as well: knowing all this, what do you when a person comes up to receive a blessing during the Communion procession?
The instructions have not told priests, deacons, or EMsHC what to do in the event that someone presents himself for a blessing, only what not to do. And this thread is about that very issue: what do you do if a person presents himself for a blessing?
Well, a Blessing is an aspect of Binding (as in Bound earth what is bound in Heaven).Ok then were does it say they can’t?
And you have a problem with this because…?..OK then, where in the Bible does it say that EMHC’s may give blessings at Communion time?
Or are you relying on extra-Biblical authority such as a priest?
It might not have said what they are supposed to do, but it did clearly state what a lay person CANNOT do.Thanks for the clarification. Until the CDWDS issues a directive on what to do, I see no reason not to follow the direction of our pastors in this regard, if our pastors have not given us any reason to not trust their pastorship.
So where does that leave us? Is the EMHC supposed to lie and somehow indicate they they are able to do something that the Church says they cannot do.Lay people, within the context of Holy Mass, are unable to confer blessings.
If you follow the thread, you will see that I do not have a problem with it at all. Tweetymom does.And you have a problem with this because…?..
Sola Scriptura? As has been stated over and over, Holy Mother Church pre-dates the Bible.
It might not have said what they are supposed to do, but it did clearly state what a lay person CANNOT do.
Giving a charitable greeting is not giving a blessing.
So where does that leave us? Is the EMHC supposed to lie and somehow indicate they they are able to do something that the Church says they cannot do.
Again, giving a charitable greeting is not giving a blessing nor is it implying that you are giving a blessing when say “God bless you”
In what context is a falsehood appropriate at Mass?
If the priest tells you to attempt a falsehood, is that good pastorship?
If you are falsely accusing a priest of telling someone to attempt a falsehood, does that mean that the priest is guilty of such?
help me out which rule said it was illicit, and why was the CDWDS unable to see that?We know what they said and we know what you are getting at. They said they were studying the matter. But they also said that for the time being they wanted to point out the rules that are in force: those rules that benedictgal posted.
no absolutely no, several Bishops have spoke or written to the priest on the issue I see no reason to disobey these Bishops.Some day they may decide to change the rules but at the moment, while they study the issue, the rules they quoted stand. You are the only one who has tried to interpret their letter differently.
And if what your pastors direct you to do directly contradicts what the CDWDS has said not to do…?Until the CDWDS issues a directive on what to do, I see no reason not to follow the direction of our pastors in this regard, if our pastors have not given us any reason to not trust their pastorship.
It most absolutely is implying that you are giving a blessing! Joe Average in the pews simply does not know the difference.Again, giving a charitable greeting is not giving a blessing nor is it implying that you are giving a blessing when say “God bless you”
I don’t have a problem just going to give blessings.If you follow the thread, you will see that I do not have a problem with it at all. Tweetymom does.
I fully and wholeheartily recognize and support the Magisterium, in this and all things.
But it is not something you are able to do.I don’t have a problem just going to give blessings.
So you pretty much say “Hey, Howzit gowin?’”Giving a charitable greeting is not giving a blessing.
If the priest is telling you that you it’s OK to offer a blessing, then that would be a falsehood.If you are falsely accusing a priest of telling someone to attempt a falsehood, does that mean that the priest is guilty of such?
I am going to continue to give blessings.Then flab you your arms if you want to I’m not going to stop ya!But it is not something you are able to do.
I don’t have a problem with flapping my arms and hovering over the pews, but I can’t do that either.
So why should I tell someone that I am hovering over the pews when I really am not. LIkewise with giving a blessing.
Actually, no you are not, you are just going to attempt to. But it’s not going to actually happen, since you were never given the authority to do so.I am going to continue to give blessings.
Oh gosh you make me laugh.Actually, no you are not, you are just going to attempt to. But it’s not going to actually happen, since you were never given the authority to do so.
My pastor is faithful and has given me no reason not to trust his judgements.And if what your pastors direct you to do directly contradicts what the CDWDS has said not to do…?