C
CajunsforChrist
Guest
I don’t want to ramble on for too long so I’ll try to be short and sweet. My fiance’ and I have been engaged for a little over a year now. We’ve been together for over 2 years. We met at college and one of the main things that attracted me to him was how spiritual he and his family were. It might sound weird but I knew he was the one for me. I still believe this to this day.
I know were meant to be together and we both have realized that we’re going through one of many “rough patches” in our relationship. I’ve realized that he’s changed and he doesn’t seem like the guy I fell in love with. He’s gotten rather “comfortable” in our relationship and doesn’t feel the need to do so many things that he used to. He’s also gotten dependant on me for making sure that he gets many of his priorities done on time such as school work and so on.
To put it simply, I feel like I’m raising a child rather than having my fiance’. We have an open relationship so we’ve talked about this issue already and we both realized that we need to do things to fix our relationship. I know it won’t be easy, and it won’t happen overnight. Rome wasn’t built in a day. I just don’t know where to start.
Another contributing issue is that I used to have a problem with bottling issues up. I’ve finally overcome this and so now when I have an issue that seems to be bothering me badly I talk to him about it. I encourage my fiance’ to return this favor because I can take constructive criticism and I want to know when I’m doing something wrong or acting in a way that he isn’t fond of. The problem is he doesn’t tell me anything and acts as if I’m “perfect” although I very much know I’m not.
I just don’t know exactly where to start (besides lots of praying that I’m already doing) to mending and fixing this relationship. We’re both determined and we know that failure is not an option for us. Otherwise divorce might as well be once we’re married and that too is not an option.
I would love ANYONE’S help and all comments, advice, and suggestions are not only appreciated but welcome.
Sorry for rambling on although I said I wouldn’t 
I know were meant to be together and we both have realized that we’re going through one of many “rough patches” in our relationship. I’ve realized that he’s changed and he doesn’t seem like the guy I fell in love with. He’s gotten rather “comfortable” in our relationship and doesn’t feel the need to do so many things that he used to. He’s also gotten dependant on me for making sure that he gets many of his priorities done on time such as school work and so on.
To put it simply, I feel like I’m raising a child rather than having my fiance’. We have an open relationship so we’ve talked about this issue already and we both realized that we need to do things to fix our relationship. I know it won’t be easy, and it won’t happen overnight. Rome wasn’t built in a day. I just don’t know where to start.
Another contributing issue is that I used to have a problem with bottling issues up. I’ve finally overcome this and so now when I have an issue that seems to be bothering me badly I talk to him about it. I encourage my fiance’ to return this favor because I can take constructive criticism and I want to know when I’m doing something wrong or acting in a way that he isn’t fond of. The problem is he doesn’t tell me anything and acts as if I’m “perfect” although I very much know I’m not.
I just don’t know exactly where to start (besides lots of praying that I’m already doing) to mending and fixing this relationship. We’re both determined and we know that failure is not an option for us. Otherwise divorce might as well be once we’re married and that too is not an option.
I would love ANYONE’S help and all comments, advice, and suggestions are not only appreciated but welcome.