EU Collapse?

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Norwich:

1. *]America is still paranoid about criticism, even from friends.

Sound about right?

1. I got a little chuckle when I read this. Primarily because this post is about the EU, and your immediate response was defensive. Who’s paranoid? 😃

While it is off-topic, I would like to share my personal assessment of UK/Euope-US relationship as a family dynamic. IMHO our history causes a Father/Teenager relationship. We are the upstart teen who left home, made it on our own and feels the need to show Dad up.

The Brits, and to a slightly lesser extent all Europeans, treat us in a patronizing manner: “We’ve been around much longer and know much more of the world than you do”. Any US criticism of Europe is recieved with a scoff.

For our part, Dad doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Any European criticism of US is dismissed as the rantings of an old man telling us how we should act. Our response: “Up yours!”

I’m not sure it will ever change, but I personally just sit back and chuckle at both of us. However, I never miss a call to my friend in Bournemouth on July 4.

The bottom line is all countries have their good points and bad points. Usually, our good points are not as good as we think and our bad points are not as bad as others think. I’ll pray for your country if you’ll pray for mine…we are all in this together.

Robert.

When we dis-invited God, He does follow our choice. The EU has dis-invited God.

40.png
rlg94086:
I got a little chuckle when I read this. Primarily because this post is about the EU, and your immediate response was defensive. Who’s paranoid? 😃

While it is off-topic, I would like to share my personal assessment of UK/Euope-US relationship as a family dynamic. IMHO our history causes a Father/Teenager relationship. We are the upstart teen who left home, made it on our own and feels the need to show Dad up.

The Brits, and to a slightly lesser extent all Europeans, treat us in a patronizing manner: “We’ve been around much longer and know much more of the world than you do”. Any US criticism of Europe is recieved with a scoff.

For our part, Dad doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Any European criticism of US is dismissed as the rantings of an old man telling us how we should act. Our response: “Up yours!”

I’m not sure it will ever change, but I personally just sit back and chuckle at both of us. However, I never miss a call to my friend in Bournemouth on July 4.

The bottom line is all countries have their good points and bad points. Usually, our good points are not as good as we think and our bad points are not as bad as others think. I’ll pray for your country if you’ll pray for mine…we are all in this together.

Robert.
Ahh… the voice of reason and sanity. I tottaly agree with you. Only one minor point, the reference to paranoia was in answer to a document by the CIA, or associated body, so it actually came out of the States, hence my comment.

Never mind 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back