European commission to set up expert group on fake news

• Thread starter Thread starter Athanasiy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany introduced its own national law about social media’s responsibility to remove illegal content like hate speech earlier this year.
the wolf is at the door but germans can’t tell anyone because the wolf will be upset!.

who gets to define what hate speech is? google, facebook, twitter? all liberal ideologies.

thank God the usa supreme court declared all speech free speech.

Strange things begin to happen once a nation has renounced or abandoned its Christianity. Europe and the US are clear examples of that.

No one said the end of civilization would be pretty.

I think a reasoned response to fake news on the internet is sorely needed. Off the internet, we can tell yellow journalism more easily I think, particularly when it screams at us in bold headlines at the check-out counter. On the internet, fake news sites may masquerade as serious publications by using similar names. The ability to share fake news makes it even more insidious because it become no longer about the original writer (or video creator) but about something passed on by a person we trust. I have a few personal rules of thumb for weeding out fake news and videos:
  1. WHO originally wrote or created it
  2. WHAT message is it trying to convey
  3. WHY was it created
  4. HOW does reading or viewing it change anything - for me or for others
In this age of group think, it is imperative to remember that we are individually responsible for how we react to any information. I think the saddest thing in our age, is not fake news, but the fake red line drawn between right and left that pretends to be the line between good and evil.

Last edited:
The end of civilization is quite bad. It’s often a slow, painful process—no matter how many university counseling sessions, hugs, crying with people who are “different” or how many government promises are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back