P
Phemie
Guest
I couldn’t believe my ears this morning when the priest who’s doing all the paperwork and interviews for annulments asked me this morning why a person whose annulment process he’s working on has petitioned for a decree of nullity since he’s a member of the Salvation Army and therefore not baptized.
I looked at Fr. confused and replied “Well, his natural marriage is presumed valid. So even though he’s divorced the Church still considers him married. He can’t marry Y if he’s already married to X.”
“Oh, really, I didn’t realize.”
This guy has been a priest for 36 years and didn’t know that.


Do you think he was yanking my chain?
I looked at Fr. confused and replied “Well, his natural marriage is presumed valid. So even though he’s divorced the Church still considers him married. He can’t marry Y if he’s already married to X.”
“Oh, really, I didn’t realize.”
This guy has been a priest for 36 years and didn’t know that.
Do you think he was yanking my chain?