H
HashemEchad
Guest
I am sitting here in absolute amazement that anyone would stoop this low.
This is a warning to anyone who is not a JW and who might have loved ones in the hospital, or hospice care, or a nursing home.
As some of you know, my mother passed away this past March. She was terminally ill, and was in hospice care with VITAS Hospice when she died.
Today in the US mail, I received a handwritten letter from someone I’d never heard of. She sent her condolences on my mother’s death, and then immediately launched into a conversionary attempt, and included some JW tracts in with the letter!
She gave her name and return address, which are in Illinois. She mentioned being “part of a nationwide healthcare network that took care of your mother”. That’s how I knew it was not the hospital my mother had been in, but the hospice that took care of her once she was diagnosed terminal.
I did a websearch to track this woman down, because I wanted to call her and give her a piece of my mind…not only for using my situation to try to convert me, but also, for violating doctor-patient confidentiality and HIPAA laws as well.
I was in luck! when I did a search on her name, the first link that showed up was on the hospice website itself, with a full writeup about her and her picture!
I contacted the local hospice director to let them know that this person is not only abusing their employment to proselytize people, but also they are violating state and Federal laws which are designed to protect patient and family confidentiality.
Has this happened to anyone else?
What these cults won’t stoop to!!
This is a warning to anyone who is not a JW and who might have loved ones in the hospital, or hospice care, or a nursing home.
As some of you know, my mother passed away this past March. She was terminally ill, and was in hospice care with VITAS Hospice when she died.
Today in the US mail, I received a handwritten letter from someone I’d never heard of. She sent her condolences on my mother’s death, and then immediately launched into a conversionary attempt, and included some JW tracts in with the letter!
She gave her name and return address, which are in Illinois. She mentioned being “part of a nationwide healthcare network that took care of your mother”. That’s how I knew it was not the hospital my mother had been in, but the hospice that took care of her once she was diagnosed terminal.
I did a websearch to track this woman down, because I wanted to call her and give her a piece of my mind…not only for using my situation to try to convert me, but also, for violating doctor-patient confidentiality and HIPAA laws as well.
I was in luck! when I did a search on her name, the first link that showed up was on the hospice website itself, with a full writeup about her and her picture!
I contacted the local hospice director to let them know that this person is not only abusing their employment to proselytize people, but also they are violating state and Federal laws which are designed to protect patient and family confidentiality.
Has this happened to anyone else?
What these cults won’t stoop to!!