Evil Animals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrooklynBoy200
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have frequently wondered what God was thinking when He created carpenter ants and termites . . . . .
I FORGOT ABOUT TERMITES!! I have them.UGG:( :mad: I wonder what their prupose is besides destroying houses.:eek: I suppose it was good before the fall of man;)
 
I was reading the book of revelation with a friend, and we came across a mention of scorpions and evil animals or something…i’ll go look up the quote now, but are some animals evil? Like i know the snake is usually associated with Satan, so does that make it evil?
Animals are a part of God’s creation, which were pronounced good. Like everything else in the world, they were subject to the fall, BUT they are also subject to the redemptive work of Christ, which repared the damage of Adam’s sin.
 
I have a 6 month old puppy that is either the stupidest creature in the galaxy or engaged in a downright evil campaign to drive me CRAZY! :whacky: Lucky for her continued existence the kids love her.
 
I have frequently wondered what God was thinking when He created carpenter ants and termites . . . . .
Ants and termites are insects. Spiders are not insects. Spiders eat insects and other spiders. (“What do they teach in schools these days?”)
 
I have frequently wondered what God was thinking when He created carpenter ants and termites . . . . .
I think they are a means of recycling dead wood that is less destructive than forest fires. Unfortunately they don’t understand the distinction between good dead wood and bad dead wood.
 
I’m sorry i’m really too lazy to look up quotes, but somewhere in genesis it says like the serpent has to crawl on it’s belly now because of what it did, and that humans will step on it’s head or something. If it’s figurative, can someone tell me what it means. Thankyou.
 
Thank you to the people that posted those pictures. I needed a good laugh tonight! :rotfl:
 
I’m sorry i’m really too lazy to look up quotes, but somewhere in genesis it says like the serpent has to crawl on it’s belly now because of what it did, and that humans will step on it’s head or something. If it’s figurative, can someone tell me what it means. Thankyou.
In Mel Gibson’s the Passion of Christ there is a scene in which Jesus stomps on the head of a snake crawling out from under Satan’s robes.

The snake representing the devil is figuritive language. Snakes, by themselves, are not evil. But God uses such language to explain the fact that Jesus will have power over Satan.
 
I have frequently wondered what God was thinking when He created carpenter ants and termites . . . . .
if he hadn’t large parts of the world would be buried in mounds of animal dung. every creature has a part to play in creation, and praises God in carrying out that role no matter how humble. People are evil (in their actions when they embrace evil, they too are created good), not animals. The symbols used in the book of Revelation are just that, symbols. Reading that book literally is a waste of time and dangerous.
 
When has the cat been associated with the devil? I’ve never heard that before.
I think I remember hearing about a legend from medieval times that the devil could take the form of a black cat. But it was just a legend.

The difference between a dog and a cat is this. A dog thinks about his owner and says, “Wow, my owner feeds me and cleans up after me and takes care of me, my owner must be God.” A cat thinks, "Wow, my owner feeds me and cleans up after me and takes care of me,* I **must be God!" *
 
The difference between a dog and a cat is this. A dog thinks about his owner and says, “Wow, my owner feeds me and cleans up after me and takes care of me, my owner must be God.” A cat thinks, "Wow, my owner feeds me and cleans up after me and takes care of me,* I ***must be God!"
Alternatively: Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top