Evolution according to the Catholic Church

• Thread starter Thread starter tori2323
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also taught against religious liberty in many official documents. Dignitatis Humanae changed that.
Tru dat! I should point out that I have seen a poster or two who would love to go back to no religious liberty. Thankfully, they were shot down by everybody else! 🤣

As I said, evo sources are extremely unreliable (based on starting assumptions and dedication to long ages - very circular)

You often make the comment that the church taught biblical creation for a thousand years or more thus implying that it is the correct teaching…and the only teaching that should be presented. The church also taught a geocentric theory for a thousand years. Should they continue to teach this as the correct theory?
So now we know the Copernican principle may not be correct. Today, there are two left standing. Acentrism (which puts the center anywhere we want) or geocentrism. Remember, Einstein would not/could not accept the findings of earlier experiments so he invented the fudge factor to get around it.

If I simply put the center anywhere I wish, I can choose the earth. 😀

Take a look at the “axis of evil” findings by the three satellites that were investigating the CMB. They found an interesting lineup of the axis, one on the tilt of the earth and the other through its center. The earth in a special place? Can’t be… 😀

Last edited:
Take a look at the “axis of evil” findings by the three satellites that were investigating the CMB. They found an interesting lineup of the axis, one on the tilt of the earth and the other through its center. The earth in a special place? Can’t be… 😀
What did the third satellite find?

Basically, I have no words…

What did the third satellite find?

A curious coincidence​

Except for the quadrupole and octupole, which are just a few degrees away from each other. This coincidence was first noted by NASA’s early WMAP mission, but many dismissed it as a statistical fluke that would surely go away with better measurements.

It didn’t go away with better measurements. And it gets worse.

It seems that the CMB is slightly cooler when viewed through the “top half” of our solar system, and slightly warmer on the opposite side. I’m not talking much; just a handful of microKelvin difference, but it’s measurable and definitely there. Plus, this peculiar relationship to our solar system is aligned with the quadrupole and octupole.

Around the axis​

That’s odd. It’s one thing for two of the multipoles to be aligned — maybe that’s just random coincidence — but it’s another for them to be associated with our solar system. Hence the nickname “Axis of Evil,” a tongue-in-cheek reference to President George W. Bush’s labeling of Iran, Iraq, and North Korea in 2002.

What’s going on? The CMB shouldn’t give two photons about our solar system — it was generated before the sun was a twinkle in the Milky Way’s eye. And we can’t find any simple astrophysical explanation, like a random cloud of dust in our southern end, that might interfere with the pristine cosmological signal in this odd way.

Is it really just coincidence? A chance alignment that we’re conditioned to find because of our pattern-loving brains? Or does it seductively point the way to new and revolutionary physics? Or maybe we just screwed something up with the measurements?

-and-

Look this way​

This “principle of mediocrity” (also sometimes dubbed the Copernican Principle in an effort to salvage our ego) is baked right into the very mathematics that cosmologists use to understand and model the universe: general relativity. The equations of GR are…complex, to say the least, so to make any headway at all physicists must make some simplifying assumptions.

Last edited:
40.png
Freddy:
But anyway, what happens if you want to date something older than 60,000 years? What do you use?
You and @rossum are dancing around the question. Is it a threat to your worldview?
I do have some sleepless nights I’ll admit. Mostly due to too much chille in my enchilada or too much g in my g and t’s. But due to your posts? Mmm. Not so much.

But seriously, what method would you recommend for dates older than 6,000 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back