EWTN no longer on cable tv

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kay_Henson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this article online that sums up the problem quite nicely. I am not from the area described in the article, but I was searching for any information that might give us a clue on how to fight.

Comcast Angers Area Catholics

I have already emailed EWTN and I am really looking for some kind of direction from them. I would expect them to give us contact names of decision makers at local cable providers throughout the country that we can start to call and email to voice our complaints. Then those of us so motivated could help to organize such a campaign at our local parish level.

The money we will need to spend on upgrading our subscriptions, and/or buying or renting equipment would be much better spent donating directly to the network. I really don’t want to import more of the sewage into my home.

I spoke to a customer service rep at Comcast and I was told that EWTN requested this change. I find this very hard to believe.

What other ideas are out there?

We can’t let this happen without a fight.
By the way, here is the response I received from EWTN earlier today:

*Thanks for your e-mail. Where do you live? I will forward your e-mail
to our Regional Marketing Manager for your area. Please note why you are
sending us this information. Thanks for your understanding.

EWTN did not authorize the change from Analog to Digital.

Please know that the Nuns have been praying ever since you e-mailed.
They will continue to pray for the next 30 days for 24 hours a day in
front of Jesus in the front of the Blessed Sacrament.

God Bless
EWTN Viewer Response

Joshua 1:9-Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be
dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.*
 
who is behind most of the media>? film? tv shows?
good analogy calling cable tv a sewer pipe.
more people are cancelling cable,
I am about to cancel ours.😉
 
I saw a letter to the editor in our local paper that comcast has taken off EWTN and SCOLA ( a channel that has news and shows in the European languages for their native speakers here… like German TV, Poland, news from their countries…BBC etc,)
I took back my cable box this week. I am not happy with these changes, and I can get EWTN online.
More and more mainstream news is pushing other agendas and lies.
who is running it all,
that is the question.
:rolleyes:
 
I saw a letter to the editor in our local paper that comcast has taken off EWTN and SCOLA ( a channel that has news and shows in the European languages for their native speakers here… like German TV, Poland, news from their countries…BBC etc,)
I took back my cable box this week. I am not happy with these changes, and I can get EWTN online.
More and more mainstream news is pushing other agendas and lies.
who is running it all,
that is the question.
:rolleyes:
I’ll give you three guesses.
 
I solved my problem by switching providers and getting a digital tv service. EWTN looks great, as do all the other channels.
 
I understand your frustration, but I have to ask… wouldn’t it simply be easier to rent the digital box from the cable company for the $3-$5 a month it would cost rather than install satellite and rent their equipment? I understand if it’s the principle you’re fighting for, but we are only speak of a few extra bucks a month (well worth having the quality of programing that EWTN provides).
I don’t know about other people in other areas, but it’s a much larger price difference than that for my area. Comcast dropped EWTN from the regular cable package here about a year ago. Their explanation: to make room for more HD channels (even though they didn’t add any stations to our basic package). :confused:

Previously, EWTN came with the basic, basic cable package which goes for $12.95 a month. Now, in order to get EWTN, I would have to subscribe to the package that is two or three tiers higher and spend at least $55 a month. That’s more than $40 a month more.

Or I can get a dish for $20 a month to get EWTN, but then lose all the major networks. I could pay $5 or $10 extra each month and get ABC and FOX, but for some reason can’t get NBC or CBS no matter what dish package I were to get. The best I can figure is that Comcast must have something going with the local network affiliates. 🤷 And my area gets no reception unless you have cable or a dish of some sort.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top