EWTN Priests?

• Thread starter Thread starter Crusader
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crusader

Have you formed any opinions about the wonderful priests on EWTN?

Fr. Angelus The priest you want as your pastor and confessor.

Fr. Mitch The priest you want to lead your Scripture study class and adult catechesis.

Fr. Joseph The priest you want ministering to those thinking about joining or returning to the Church.

Fr. Francis The priest you want leading the Rosary (with a bullhorn) out in front of the local Planned Parenthood office, and the priest you want ministering to the youth.

Fr. Anthony The priest you want in charge of vocations at your diocese. The priest you want as your spiritual advisor.

Fr. Mark The priest everyone secretly wants to be. The priest that might just be your bishop one day.

These are good men and they have really helped some priest friends of mine. It is important we support our priests with prayers and also help them see there are others like them living the life. So many have it so hard right now.

Though they appear as guests, the two most influential Priests for me that I most closely relate to in terms of language, speech, manner and straightforward cut to the chase, no bull theology are Father John Corapi and Father William Casey. Father Benedict Groschel adds a nice balance as well. If all Parishes had Father Corapi and Casey type priests deliver the homilies, attendance would either explode or decline…no in between, and thats the way I like to here my sermons. 👍

I agree totally… Father Corapi has been a true GODsend in this troubled time of hours… Love his no holds barred approach… like a Confirmation slap on the jaw to wake me up to the absolute truth in Catholocism.

I feel so blessed to have these wonderful priests coming into my living room everyday…would love to have anyone of them as my parish priest!

Faithful 2 Rome:
Though they appear as guests, the two most influential Priests for me that I most closely relate to in terms of language, speech, manner and straightforward cut to the chase, no bull theology are Father John Corapi and Father William Casey. Father Benedict Groschel adds a nice balance as well. If all Parishes had Father Corapi and Casey type priests deliver the homilies, attendance would either explode or decline…no in between, and thats the way I like to here my sermons. 👍
Father Corapi and Father Groschel have both been of great help to me. In 2001-02, when I was living alone in the States (long story that will eventually be placed on my web site) I spent as much time as possible listening to them both. I don’t know where I would be today if it hadn’t been for them.

…I’m so thankful for the EWTN priest because they are uncompromising in their commitment to the truth. They give us hope in the future of the Catholic Church in America.
Don’t forget Fr. Dubay…His shows are very informative
Fr. Jeff Bayuh (I think that’s his last name). His show is “A Closer Walk With Thee.”
Fr.Pablo Straub is very passionate Jesus and the crucifixion and his show “So That They Be One” (I think that’s the title) is extremely insightful.
There isn’t a more erudite priest that Fr. Rutler. I’m always amazed at how he synthesizes information.
Fr. Spitzer from Gonzaga University has a show that explains Roe V. Wade and its effect on our culture.
Fr. Leo Clifford brings the comfort of the truth in his daily meditations.
Fr. Apostoli is unflagging in his zeal for Mother Theresa, Bishop Sheen, and St. Francis
And let us not forget Fr.
Also the Vietnamese priest, whose name escapes me, has an extremely timely show about the martyers of Africa and
Asia.
These and the other priest of EWTN are truly blessed. It is a joy to watch them because each one imparts such words of wisdom to us…

I saw Frs. Corapi, Groeschel and Straub at the Central Coast (California) Marian Conference. Extremely dynamic speakers. True men of God.

In person, Fr. Pablo might very well be the most poweful speaker of the three.

I feel badly that Fr. Benedict got hit by a car on his way to Florida after the conference, but thank God, he’s steadily improving.

I also like Fr. Conner and his shows about Church history and the saints, and Fr. Trigilio and Fr. Levis on Web of Faith.

40.png
NM2:
I also like Fr. Conner and his shows about Church history and the saints, and Fr. Trigilio and Fr. Levis on Web of Faith.
Same here. I get the feeling that Fr. Conner was a demanding professor before he became a priest. Frs. Levis and Trigilio are both class acts.

You must all watch EWTN as much as I do. You’ve just about exhausted the list, but remeber Fr Shanon Collins CPM who gives benediction. Great homilies, breathtaking reverence!
(It’s funny, one feels as though one personally knows the priests, the brothers serving, postulants etc. at daily Mass, one becomes a fly on the wall to the life of the MFVA.)

It is sad to say, but living here just miles from the EWTN studio and within one hour of the new Shrine, most Catholics in Birmingham do not appriciate the blessings that we have. Many times, I have gone to the Friary, rung the bell, and asked if a priest could hear my confession, or bless something, or just talk. If all priests were like the ones that appear on EWTN, the Catholic Church would have had no scandel, no one leaving the Church (except those who refuse to see the truth as it relates to their life), and converts in droves. A baptist friend of mine loves watching Father Carapi, and asks me why all priests don’t stand up for the truth as he does. Unfortunately, there are too many ways to answer that question.

40.png
ralphinal:
It is sad to say, but living here just miles from the EWTN studio and within one hour of the new Shrine, most Catholics in Birmingham do not appriciate the blessings that we have. Many times, I have gone to the Friary, rung the bell, and asked if a priest could hear my confession, or bless something, or just talk. If all priests were like the ones that appear on EWTN, the Catholic Church would have had no scandel, no one leaving the Church (except those who refuse to see the truth as it relates to their life), and converts in droves. A baptist friend of mine loves watching Father Carapi, and asks me why all priests don’t stand up for the truth as he does. Unfortunately, there are too many ways to answer that question.
Who is that little guy who attends every Mass? He sits in the second row on the ambo side of the chapel…

I don’t know his name off the topo of my head, but I’ll find out.

I like them all, but Fr. Corapi is my favorite. He hits hard and straight at the target. Reminds me of priests and sermons I heard regularly in 40’s and 50’s. I like Fr. Connor very, especially his Masses and his historical and biographical programs.

Yeah, but then I wake up from my day dream and head for the Golfer’s Special on Monday morning! 😦

Peace and all good,

Thomas2

40.png
Crusader:
Who is that little guy who attends every Mass? He sits in the second row on the ambo side of the chapel…
If you mean the man who sits at the aisle end of the first row, ambo side, I think he works in the religious catalogue store at EWTN, I saw him in a photo on the website.

If it is who I think it is, his name is Jack. He is a great example of piety.

Out here in the boonies, we don’t have cable, so we don’t watch television. It’s so funny, on vacations, we hurry back to the hotel room so we can catch as many EWTN shows as possible. Even bring supper back to the room to watch an EWTN show!

God bless,
oremus

Yo Oremus -

I’m assuming the computer you’re responding to this thread on is your own and in your home. You can listen to EWTN and even watch the shows on your computer by going to EWTN.com. All you need is a pair of speakers and a download of Realplayer which is free. I don’t do the TV thing either. I participate in ETWN via either radio broadcast or through my computer. In fact, there are quite a few Catholic radio stations and shows all over the Internet for your edification, education and enjoyment. 😃 May God bless you and yours.

Peace and all good,

Thomas2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back