Ex-atheists, Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter rinnie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep praying for him including Mary’s Rosary for him.

Also, get a Green Scapular for him and if he refuses to have it secretly put it somewhere in his room and still keep praying for him 🙂

Through Our Lady’s Green Scapular people have been healed philically and others spiritually by conversion. One sick man was an enemy of all religion and was anoid by the sight of a priest, he accepted a green scapular and eleven days later he fell on his knees and kissed it bathing his tears and promised Our Lady he’d go to confession.

At Constantinople a Greek schicamatic was converted and cured of Leprocy through Marys Green Scapular 🙂
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
 
Find out why he thinks there is no God and go from there. Don’t assume anything.
As I stated he is young, his Mother died and he claims if there was a God she would not have died.

IMO he is blaming the person for his Moms death who he claims does not exist!😉
 
Thanks guys for the excellent responses so far.

I guess what I am really trying to ask is how can I do my part in NOT making thing’s worse.

I want to be ready for his reasons, and have a kind compassionate answer for them, and just have possibly the RIGHT answer to get him thinking a different way.

As I previously stated I know only prayers and the Holy Spirit can achieve his faith, I am trying to get him to a place to want to go to the Holy Spirit, even if he is in doubt.

Once I get him to the place to at least give the Holy Spirit a possibility I got it Made!😉 I have more faith in the Holy Spirit then his disbelief.

My problem now is to know how to answer things and not make things worse to where his anger will hold him back.

I believe a person who has been there can help me more. But thanks and God Bless all of you for trying I appreciate the time.
 
First off let me say THANK YOU for being willing to take up this cross! Too many Catholics are scared or refuse to do this!

This will be a LONG road for him. This will NOT get settled overnight.

C.S. Lewis went through the EXACT same thing. As he put it (paraphrasing) when his mother died he ceased to believe in God and was mad at Him for not existing.

Get yourself informed: Read things like Jacob’s Ladder by Peter Kreeft, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, The Handbook of Catholic Apologetics by Kreeft and Tacelli - especially the chapter on the Problem of Evil. It may be the best explanation ever. After stating the problem several ways in the strongest terms, they take it apart and show how actually the problem of evil has to presuppose that God exists in order for it to have any validity.

Frank Sheed’s works Beginning Theology and Theology and Sanity are extremely good too.

If you’re not up for the high-powered stuff, but want something just as good - and maybe even to give him LATER, when he’s open to reading something - try “Something Other than God” by Jennifer Fulweiler, ex-atheist. She writes her atheism arguments and problems with Christianity as if she was still living it! It’s really powerful! It’s easy to understand and yet compelling.

Listen to the pod casts here especially Trent Horn’s shows.

BUT ABOVE ALL, LIVE THE GOSPEL JOYFULLY!!! Be a knowledgeable, Joy-filled Catholic! Strive to be a Saint! (Who me? YES YOU!!) Live for Christ and His Church!!

God Bless, :signofcross:
PoorKnight for Christ and His Church
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top