Ex-jail employees charged for playing ‘Baby Shark’ on repeat for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. Problem is this is low paying work and the bottom of the barrel for people entering law enforcement. Hopefully the supervisor and staff lost their job, and aren’t shielded by their union for this one.

Charging them is easier than convicting them. The defense attorney only needs one (or two) jurors who do not think this is cruelty. It is not exactly whipping or using a hot iron. Psychological cruelty is harder to convict on. It may revolve around how long they can prove they were handcuffed in a standing position.

Completely agree. Problem is this is low paying work and the bottom of the barrel for people entering law enforcement. Hopefully the supervisor and staff lost their job, and aren’t shielded by their union for this one.
The article said the two employees have resigned, and their supervisor has retired.

They were going to play David Haas songs, but they were afraid of the bad publicity by his accusers.

… doesn’t surprise me when I read that both the jail employees were only 21 years old. Our brains aren’t even mature until 25/26. These guys JUST turned old enough to drink in most states, are only 2 years out of High School - yet are trusted with the career of a jailer. One of many, many things I personally think should have a minimum age of 25 to work at.

(Having said that, the song playing for hours doesn’t bother me, but having to stand in one place (handcuffed) for hours is a forum of torture.)

Maybe they previously worked at Abu Ghraib prison.
Many in the military seek law enforcement jobs.

40.png
CoffeeCatholic:
is a forum of torture
👏 🙏 👏
As much as I like CAF, some days it pretty much feels like it.

(I am absolutely not making fun of you hitting a wrong key Coffee Catholic, it was cute and I resisted when I first saw it, but … alas, I am weak.

I have not watched that movie but I did Google it and watch the trailer. The trailer was enough lol

Hard pass !

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 I didn’t realize I made that typo until now - a day later - as it’s the first time I’ve come back to the forum. But I just laughed out loud. A forum of torture. chuckle

I haven’t been back to this forum since I posted last night so when I saw Anesti33 cheering it, I re-read what I quickly typed last night and yes… laughed out loud. Oops - but it did make me laugh! 🤣

I agree with you here.

Mama Mia seems to be representative of everything bad about a genre I hate, chick flicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back