Exhusband got his wish-

  • Thread starter Thread starter iluvmybabies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he quits his job, press charges and have him put in jail as a deadbeat dad.
 
If he quits his job, press charges and have him put in jail as a deadbeat dad.
*I mean, isn’t there something you can do, iluvmybabies? You’re expected to live on close to nothing? I honestly think you got robbed, today…no pun. I can’t help but wonder, if now that you have ‘‘moved on’’ with your life…you are about to be married…if this worked against you in the judge’s eyes. I am not saying it should, I am just wondering. I wonder if the judge looked at it like…let the ‘‘new’’ man take care of the kids. Because oddly, he thinks that your ex should take care of his step kids over his bio kids. You know?

So, not sure if I’m really off base, or if you were discriminated against. I’m not one for stirring a pot…I think you have a case here, and it seems very VERY wrong what happened today. *
 
Sometimes the expense of a lawyer in the long run pays for itself. A judge wouldn’t tell a lawyer to shut up and a lawyer would know better how to present the case in your favor.

Do NOT talk about him to the kids from now on. Pretend he is dead. You get nothing from him. Expect nothing. The kids will figure it out.

It will come back and bite him someday.
 
Can you hire a lawyer and appeal this? Are there organizations that help poor women find affordable lawyers?
 
I’ll be praying you find a solution to this…please look into finding a lawyer, at least one that does pro bono or something…is there a way you can report the judge to someone? I mean, that’s unprofessional.
 
There are state agencies that help custodial parents get and collect child support. Your profile says your are in Illinois.

You may want to start with the Illinois Child Support Enforcement agency. They may be able to help you collect what is due. You can also ask if they can help you adjust the support order.
That state has minimum support guidelines. If your husband is not paying what these guidelines state, you may have a case for appeal.
 
Check and see if the state of Illinois garnishes wages of a parent that owes child support.

If so, go to the clerk of court and YOU file a motion to have his wages garnished. You do not need a lawyer to do this thank God. You do this on your own.

Then also file a motion for him to have medical and dental insurance for his bio children. Also, let the judge know that he does not call the children at all and the judge will demand he call at a certain time and day of the week. If henis ordered to do this and does not do this have him held in contemp of court.

YOU PICK YOUR JUDGE from the calander—do not choose this wacky judge. DO NOT be emotional or judgemantal in court otherwise a judge will tell you to shut up (in so many words). Stik to only the facts—no emotion or crying.

Also, take out a full page ad ($40.00) in the newspaper where he resides stating he is a dead beat Dad. Hahaha! This works like a charm as he will not want neighbors, employer to know what a piece of pond scum he is. This nearly blew my X’s head off especially when his employer “had a talk with him”. He actually called to tell me what a B* I am for humiliating him. That was the first time he had called in 3 yrs—I asked if he’d like to speak with his son and he slammed the phone down.

Pick up the phone and call IRS—they really like to know about those that may be getting paid under the table and if so, his employer will get audited which serves them right for aiding and abetting this waste of space.

Have him put in jail for being a dead beat Dad. And why haven’t you done this already??? Some will say, “Well, if he is in jail how will I ever get child support”. To which I respond," Your not getting it now while he is free to walk the streets are you".

Listen, you cannot allow yourself to be emotional about any of this and quit being a victim. You need to be proactive and if anything I have written here seems harsh, over the top, or something you cannot do to your children’s father then you just haven’t had enough yet.

Maybe when you only have $8.00 in your wallet and once the neighbors are bringing you bags of groceries and a space heater you might think seriously about going the extra mile to ensure he pays for his children and carries insurance on them and at the very least makes a weekly call to them.

Don’t whine—get proactive in this and quit allowing the court and this ONE judge to jerk you around.

Go see the clerk of court and get the motions filed Monday. The cost is ZERO.
 
She’s still a kid, I’m thinking, if she’s selling Girl Scout cookies. You may have to tell her, “Oh yes you are,” until she’s old enough to decide that on her own. My kids went to a group at the YMCA called Kids of Single Parents, and I think that helped them some. They got to talk to other kids in the same boat, and felt a little better knowing other kids father’s weren’t making pine wood derby cars or going fishing and camping and showing up at soccer games.

That’s pretty amazing, the judge not letting you talk. I never had to do this. I think he was so glad not to have to deal with one who had severe learning disabilities and one who was bi-polar (we didn’t know what it was until he was about 16) that he was happy to send a check and never have to actually see them or talk to them. He lives in PA and we live in MO. They’re both adults, one is 30 and the other about to turn 29, and he doesn’t bother with them much. The older one makes an effort and goes to see him once or twice a year, but the younger one has no interest in a relatinship with him. It’s hurt my son a lot more than it hurt his father, but he can’t see that even after a lot of therapy. He quit on his 18th birthday. He’s doing pretty well right now, although I’m worried about a big depression coming up when the cat he’s had since 4th grade dies. The poor old guy is 17 years old and a bag of bones. I don’t think he’ll last much longer. He’s lost other cats (we’re a major cat family) but this one is pretty special to him.

I’ve heard of men quitting their jobs rather than pay child support but it still knocks off my socks. People like that are somehow mentally deficient, lacking the parenting instinct.

Do you have a lawyer when you go for modification, or do you just try to fend for yourself?
Yeah my exhusband quit several jobs before to not pay child support, in a period of almost 5 years he owes 14 grand because of it… And yet he gets mad because he owes so much?! Wonder why that is? His wife ratted him out once posting on their myspacepage that he had 2 jobs and even had pictures of him…I called the child support agency and told them to open an investigation, the first thing they did was call him and tell him that i found out about his second job within seconds after I contacted them, a few minutes after I had gotten off the phone with them I went online to save the pictures to have as proof his profile had been shut down including his new wife’s a week later one came out with him putting FU in the title I couldn’t believe I could be betrayed like that…I think the woman whom used to be my social worker for the child support had something to do with my exhusband when we lived in Cali because she hated me with a passion…Always mistreated me and always would tell me things like “go get another job!” When I would ask her if she knew of anything being collected from him…It’s been a really tough several years trying to get him to take care of his kids…

A friend of mine works 2 full time jobs and a part-time job, he has 2 biological kids from current marriage and his first born from first marriage, the man is a beast, he sends his daughter gifts for bdays, helps his exwife with 50% of all costs including school supplies clothes and for her to come visit him…he pays for her mother to drop her off for summer and pick her up, and he still pays his child support in full in order to maintain his new family (this was done in NY though) the judge told him tough luck for him to have kids with his new wife and to deal with it because the first born needed him…so he doesn’t stop working he spends very little time with either kids but they are all growing up together as a famiy because they see their biological sister often…

Mine sent my 10 year old a txt wishing him a happy bday on daughter’s cell…that’s pretty much it… if they were to ask him anything he tells them himself “i sent your mother child support tell her to give you that money!”

I can’t afford a lawyer I looked all over here where I live to find one pro bono, so far no luck… And like I said I even wasted 100 dollars on a private detective money I wished i would have not spent because i have no money…

I am sorry to hear about your kids and hopefully your son will get through losing his cat, I know when my fiance’s 10 year old dog passed away that was his best friend it hurt him a lot he was down for several weeks but he made it ok with support and love…and knowing that it was his pet’s time to go…My daughter hasn’t shown signs of hurting herself or anything like that she’s happy she’s just not content with her father and i don’t talk to her about him at all nor mention anything about him anymore…I don’t want to bother her so I just don’t bring him up for anything…
 
The same thing happened to my mom. My dad had his child support dropped from $1,800 to only $205. My mom had a hard time helping me and my brother, she had even lost her job shortly after that had happened. I was fourteen at the time and my brother was 12. I helped out a lot around the house. I worked little side jobs like babysitting for neighbors and such, I would give her money to help pay for grocerys. One lady I baby sat for knew of our situation and paid me minimuim wage, and one point I work 40 hrs a week. We made it just fine, sure we had to sacrific a lot, but without my dad there things turned out for the better. I haven’t seen or heard from him in about nine years now. I wouldn’t change that either.
You are a very special child, GOD bless you! My daughter isn’t like you…She’s more of “gimme gimme gimme” lol She’s learning slowly that we are not a family of money i don’t blame her though my sister and mother are like that only interested in money, now at an older age my mother is starting to get closer to GOD and realizing money isn’t all that important esp to get a 600 dollar purse every so often, lol…It’s a work in progress with my daughter…She feels like the world owes her something and that I owe her everything…But she’s been learning that the world isn’t hers and that don’t always get what you want…lol…kids… I think she’s happier without him, but it hurts her to hear from him…She has told me she rather not have anything to do with him than to hear from him… I feel sorry for her because he contacts her just to manipulate her… so far he hasn’t it’s been about a month so I am thankful…I know she is too… We are trying our best to give her the love and affection she wants and needs… hopefully she will grow up a little more grateful for the love she has than for the things she didn’t get…you know? working hard for it…
 
If he quits his job, press charges and have him put in jail as a deadbeat dad.
The last time he quit his job I couldn’t do anything…no one cared and no one was willing to help me…I had even contacted the authorities over everything his harassing phone calls and emails all they did was tell me they’d take care of it and did nothing about it…
 
*I mean, isn’t there something you can do, iluvmybabies? You’re expected to live on close to nothing? I honestly think you got robbed, today…no pun. I can’t help but wonder, if now that you have ‘‘moved on’’ with your life…you are about to be married…if this worked against you in the judge’s eyes. I am not saying it should, I am just wondering. I wonder if the judge looked at it like…let the ‘‘new’’ man take care of the kids. Because oddly, he thinks that your ex should take care of his step kids over his bio kids. You know?

So, not sure if I’m really off base, or if you were discriminated against. I’m not one for stirring a pot…I think you have a case here, and it seems very VERY wrong what happened today. *
When I was told I wasn’t even given a credit for his lack of visits I asked why that was they told me it was because I didn’t send the kids to him it was my fault…that if I would have spent money on sending the kids to him in FL that I would have given a credit for that and they probably wouldn’t have modified it or accepted his modification, when I told them i had no address from him where was i going to send the kids and why if he didn’t even want them there obviously since he didn’t even provide an address to begin with they just ignored my comment and went on with whatever they were doing…

it has been a very depressing and very stressing time for me… And seriously I literally got told no got screamed at to shut up…i was like OMG whats going on? I wasn’t allowed to say anything not even to verify my income or anything…According to child support the judge knew nothing of my new living situation or that i moved on or that I was pg or anything so all he considered was the 3 children and my income…

Here for me to get a fulltime job even with assistance for babysitting I have to pay 250 dollars a month for daycare center, the maximum I would be bringing home would be an extra 150 dollars a week, leaving my kids in a daycare for 9 hours a day or so, practically I would be bringing home an extra 300 dollars a month for working 40+ hours a week…And then having my kids telling me how I deprive them of spending time with me, meaning no more going to their games or school events or hearing my daughter play violin, yes it means I would have an extra 300 dollars a month I would no longer get food stamps which btw I get 300 a month and I would have a huge copayment on the medical card or have to pay a huge amount of money for company insurance because illinois has no good cheap ones…So I am losing more than gaining…it’s not worth it for me at all…I have to spend an additional 300 dollars a month for food, with 3 kids and one on the way believe me it gets expensive…my fiance now that he’s working has helped me dramatically…I mean huge help! But my kids are not his responsibility…yes the new baby is but my children have a father even though he doesn’t care for them and the courts don’t seem to care either…

I was disappointed still am but in the end he’s the one that is not enjoying his child’s craziness and funny things as well as achievements and great efforts…that’s his problem you know?! I am just going to continue to do whatever i can to provide for my kids…In every way possible…
 
Sometimes the expense of a lawyer in the long run pays for itself. A judge wouldn’t tell a lawyer to shut up and a lawyer would know better how to present the case in your favor.

Do NOT talk about him to the kids from now on. Pretend he is dead. You get nothing from him. Expect nothing. The kids will figure it out.

It will come back and bite him someday.
Yes i understand that but I can’t come up with 1000 dollars out of nowhere for 5 hours of help from a lawyer let alone another thousand for his services for another day…that’s just impossible…Even if it meant borrowing the money, I have no one to borrow from…

I do wish I had a lawyer wished it so badly so that the courts could see what a dead beat father he really is I mean he can afford his cars and his new wife and all their family trips and the 2 non biological children but can’t even afford to send his kids a 50Cent walmart card?

I haven’t talked to the kids about him for about a month since he sent daughter several messages that hurt her and the whole thing with his new wife trying to manipulate my daughter…so it’s been going ok…He sent a text to daughter to let 10 year old son happy bday she was like oh yeah father sent you a message son was like ok tell him and his wife I said thanks that’s nice of them… lol

And that’s where it stayed…
 
Can you hire a lawyer and appeal this? Are there organizations that help poor women find affordable lawyers?
Yes for the past several years I have tried, none in my area…Believe me I have tried…
 
I’ll be praying you find a solution to this…please look into finding a lawyer, at least one that does pro bono or something…is there a way you can report the judge to someone? I mean, that’s unprofessional.
According to everyone he said and made it clear that this was a child support issue not a battle from my ex to me yet he heard what my ex had to say and didn’t even let me defend myself or respond…But guess that is heresay because i am sure they will say I was allowed to speak even though I was screamed at to shut up… I don’t know whom else I could contact regarding the judge’s reactions…and actions???
 
Check and see if the state of Illinois garnishes wages of a parent that owes child support.

If so, go to the clerk of court and YOU file a motion to have his wages garnished. You do not need a lawyer to do this thank God. You do this on your own.

Wages were garnished…but out of nowhere his hours were cut…so there were sometimes not enough to collect or he didn’t work enough hours or they couldn’t do it…always an excuse he got away with a lot of money…

Then also file a motion for him to have medical and dental insurance for his bio children. Also, let the judge know that he does not call the children at all and the judge will demand he call at a certain time and day of the week. If henis ordered to do this and does not do this have him held in contemp of court.

Tried that got turned down he didn’t make enough…the judge said we would need an attorney to deal with family issues and child custody issues for us to do this on our on…that’s what the judge told us both…unfortunately for me i can’t afford it…

YOU PICK YOUR JUDGE from the calander—do not choose this wacky judge. DO NOT be emotional or judgemantal in court otherwise a judge will tell you to shut up (in so many words). Stik to only the facts—no emotion or crying.
I was as patient as possible I didnt’ snap out of order or anything as soon as my exhusband was done slamming me to the judge there was a silent second and I opened my mouth starting with “if I may judge… I have tried to contact my exhusband regarding helping him pay for his airplane tick…” then I got told to SHUT UP well screamed at actually I am not exaggerating at all…

Also, take out a full page ad ($40.00) in the newspaper where he resides stating he is a dead beat Dad. Hahaha! This works like a charm as he will not want neighbors, employer to know what a piece of pond scum he is. This nearly blew my X’s head off especially when his employer “had a talk with him”. He actually called to tell me what a B* I am for humiliating him. That was the first time he had called in 3 yrs—I asked if he’d like to speak with his son and he slammed the phone down.

Actually this will add to his stories about me being a B because according to him he has told both families mine and his that all I care about is money how much he’s helped me how they take all his money away in child support how he lives off of 500 a month and i get everything else etc…that will show them I have enough money to spend on things like that…

Pick up the phone and call IRS—they really like to know about those that may be getting paid under the table and if so, his employer will get audited which serves them right for aiding and abetting this waste of space.

All ready tried that… they told me I had nothing to say…last year i gave him one of our kids to claim he would get 3 grand that would lower his arrears from 12000 to 9000 help him and help us we were going to take our first vacation with that money i was taking them to six flags! and getting them new beds, summer clothes and back to school clothes, etc…Well he decided to give our son to someone else I got nothing he got the full 3000 I was upset disappointed and overly po, i contacted IRS and demanded to know whom claimed my child they wouldnt’ help me so I filed an amendment on my income taxes and reclaimed him got 300 bucks out of it and my exhusband harassing me because he had to pay all that money back! I told him tough luck on him since he lied and gave my kid to someone else to claim…Haven’t let him claim any of our children again…

Have him put in jail for being a dead beat Dad. And why haven’t you done this already??? Some will say, “Well, if he is in jail how will I ever get child support”. To which I respond," Your not getting it now while he is free to walk the streets are you".

I have tried, they say he’s at least making some effort in paying so they can’t do anything…

Listen, you cannot allow yourself to be emotional about any of this and quit being a victim. You need to be proactive and if anything I have written here seems harsh, over the top, or something you cannot do to your children’s father then you just haven’t had enough yet.
 
Check and see if the state of Illinois garnishes wages of a parent that owes child support.

If so, go to the clerk of court and YOU file a motion to have his wages garnished. You do not need a lawyer to do this thank God. You do this on your own.

Then also file a motion for him to have medical and dental insurance for his bio children. Also, let the judge know that he does not call the children at all and the judge will demand he call at a certain time and day of the week. If henis ordered to do this and does not do this have him held in contemp of court.

YOU PICK YOUR JUDGE from the calander—do not choose this wacky judge. DO NOT be emotional or judgemantal in court otherwise a judge will tell you to shut up (in so many words). Stik to only the facts—no emotion or crying.

Also, take out a full page ad ($40.00) in the newspaper where he resides stating he is a dead beat Dad. Hahaha! This works like a charm as he will not want neighbors, employer to know what a piece of pond scum he is. This nearly blew my X’s head off especially when his employer “had a talk with him”. He actually called to tell me what a B* I am for humiliating him. That was the first time he had called in 3 yrs—I asked if he’d like to speak with his son and he slammed the phone down.

Pick up the phone and call IRS—they really like to know about those that may be getting paid under the table and if so, his employer will get audited which serves them right for aiding and abetting this waste of space.

Have him put in jail for being a dead beat Dad. And why haven’t you done this already??? Some will say, “Well, if he is in jail how will I ever get child support”. To which I respond," Your not getting it now while he is free to walk the streets are you".

Listen, you cannot allow yourself to be emotional about any of this and quit being a victim. You need to be proactive and if anything I have written here seems harsh, over the top, or something you cannot do to your children’s father then you just haven’t had enough yet.

Maybe when you only have $8.00 in your wallet and once the neighbors are bringing you bags of groceries and a space heater you might think seriously about going the extra mile to ensure he pays for his children and carries insurance on them and at the very least makes a weekly call to them.

Don’t whine—get proactive in this and quit allowing the court and this ONE judge to jerk you around.

Go see the clerk of court and get the motions filed Monday. The cost is ZERO.
I didnt get on here to get anyone’s sympathy I got on here because i needed to vent some have given great advise and support and I have thanked them and responded to them with the facts and explanations of situations not folded my arms and thrown a tantrum, lol, and I haven’t once said i was a victim or acted as one first of all you don’t know the whole story and my fights and countless battles over this…i haven’t rolled over and just said ok whatever I have even spent money I didnt have on a private detective to help me out biggest mistake ever I have tried everything from finding a lawyer to calling cops on him i am not an ignorant person and I am not someone whom doesn’t go out without a fight…I fight for what’s right…But obviously like I said he gets what he wants…That’s his luck not mine… I have never won anything against him…but I thank GOD he didn’t fight for the kids otherwise i would probably have lost them too… I have done everything possible to either get this man away from me permanently or pay…obviously hasn’t worked…

Maybe when you only have $8.00 in your wallet and once the neighbors are bringing you bags of groceries and a space heater you might think seriously about going the extra mile to ensure he pays for his children and carries insurance on them and at the very least makes a weekly call to them.

thanks for your understanding and support I enjoy being told i do nothing from someone whom doesn’t know me and know the struggles I have dealt with trying to get through to this man…lol It’s greatly appreciated and BTW am there and done that…

Don’t whine—get proactive in this and quit allowing the court and this ONE judge to jerk you around.

Go see the clerk of court and get the motions filed Monday. The cost is ZERO.

funny how that seems to be…I am a whiner…and proud…lol glad to have someone else point that out thought I was able to keep it a secret!!! LOL Have a blessed day!
 
According to everyone he said and made it clear that this was a child support issue not a battle from my ex to me yet he heard what my ex had to say and didn’t even let me defend myself or respond…But guess that is heresay because i am sure they will say I was allowed to speak even though I was screamed at to shut up… I don’t know whom else I could contact regarding the judge’s reactions…and actions???
what county are you in iluv? I’m surprised, IL is hard on non custodial parents who don’t pay, very hard.

if you think the judge was out of line you need to seek legal counsel. there is a judicial review board and Courts Commission that deal with bad judges and judicial misconduct. the state bar association will have references to legal aid or pro bono lawyers. going into court unrepresented isn’t wise in cases like this. if you’re in the Chicago area check with the universities too, like Northwestern, UIC or UC for help. this whole thing sounds fishy to me.
 
what county are you in iluv? I’m surprised, IL is hard on non custodial parents who don’t pay, very hard.

if you think the judge was out of line you need to seek legal counsel. there is a judicial review board and Courts Commission that deal with bad judges and judicial misconduct. the state bar association will have references to legal aid or pro bono lawyers. going into court unrepresented isn’t wise in cases like this. if you’re in the Chicago area check with the universities too, like Northwestern, UIC or UC for help. this whole thing sounds fishy to me.
Exactly.

There was a court reporter, all is in the records and a complaint has been filed.

Be careful before you file a complaint, did the judge actually “yell/scream” at you or did he use a firm, strong voice that you interpreted as “yelling/screaming”? When one is upset, it is easy to take things personally.

Contact your State Dept of Child Support Enforcement. Work through the system.

Remember, the judge does have to look at providing support for all children of your husband, he cannot starve your husband’s other children either.
 
Exactly.

There was a court reporter, all is in the records and a complaint has been filed.

Be careful before you file a complaint, did the judge actually “yell/scream” at you or did he use a firm, strong voice that you interpreted as “yelling/screaming”? When one is upset, it is easy to take things personally.

Contact your State Dept of Child Support Enforcement. Work through the system.

Remember, the judge does have to look at providing support for all children of your husband, he cannot starve your husband’s other children either.
Well the other children are not his they are his wife’s children…I don’t think it’s fair that mine get child support taken away while his step kids enjoy disney world 4 times a year!
 
Well the other children are not his they are his wife’s children…I don’t think it’s fair that mine get child support taken away while his step kids enjoy disney world 4 times a year!
It is a sad fact, but, life is never fair. It is never fair for children go grow up in a broken home, with mom and dad hating each other’s guts and fighting all the time. It is not fair in any way shape or form. The day we become an adult is the day that we stop expecting life to be fair.

What the judges are sworn to do is to see that justice is done and that the laws are enforced. There is a legal amount of child support that is to be paid per child, based on income. That is the law. From some of the numbers you gave, it seems that your original ruling was very generous (far more than I see with the hundreds of people I assist).

If the judge acted unprofessionally or if he did not enforce the law, then, file a complaint. A call to the State Child Support Office should get you an appointment and let you know what the law requires him to pay.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top