B
benedictgal
Guest
I am quite content to not be serving as an EMHC anymore. Initially, it was a difficult decision to make, but, in the end, I am no better a person or more faithful a Catholic simply because I served as one. Active participation does not mean that one has to be doing everything every time.If anything, this discussion proves how contentious offering the Precious Blood can become to the laity. Jesus Christ is fully present in the consecrated host. There is no need nor no fuller graces by receiving the cup. If the cup is not offered then the need for EMHCs drops. My parish does not offer the cup and I hope no one here is going to tell me we are not receiving as much grace as they are with the cup too. To the EMHCs in this discussion, if you search your heart, can you honestly say you are not emotionally attached to this duty? To truly serve means willing to give up at anytime.
