B
benedictgal
Guest
FAB, I am not in error here, as I am quoting what the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments told me. The mingling of the Body and Blood of Christ is a priestly action. Furthermore, the documents specifically use the word “sacredos” when naming who the one to perform the intinction is.The facity of a deacon is to distribute communion in all forms including intinction as an ordinary minister. You are in error. The pope has supreme authority, I don’t discount this, you want the discount the authority of the Local ordinary.
The local ordinary has authority, but, he cannot override and supercede the Holy See. That is the point that you seem to not want to accept. I would invite you to contact the CDWDS yourself. However, if you discout its authority, maybe even hearing it directly from them would be to no avail. FAB, while you say that you do not discout the authority of the Holy Father, your posts throughout this thrread have inferred a discounting of the authority of the CDWDS.
The bishop, on his own, cannot invent liturgical norms or policies. He is given limited authority in the GIRM. He can decided the ordering of churches, matters of concelebration and if Holy Communion will be distributed under one or both species. However, he does not have the latitude to override the Church regarding who the minister of intinction is. The bishop’s authority is not as far-reaching as you would lead us to believe.