Extreme Temptation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lucretius
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lucretius

Guest
My sex drive is inflamed; I’m tempted to search for hookups. Please, please pray for me! I can’t do this alone!

Christi pax,

Lucretius
 
Prayer for Purity

Jesus, Lover of chastity,
Mary, Mother most pure,
and Joseph, chaste guardian of the Virgin,
to you I ask at this hour,
begging you to plead with God for me.
I earnestly wish to be pure in thought,
word and deed in imitation of your own holy purity.

Obtain for me, then, a deep sense of modesty
which will be reflected in my external conduct.
Protect my eyes, the windows of my soul,
from anything that might dim the luster of a heart
that must mirror only Christlike purity.

And when the “Bread of Angels” becomes
the “Bread of Me” in my heart at Holy Communion,
seal it forever against the suggestions of sinful pleasures.

Heart of Jesus, Fount of All Purity,
have mercy on us.

:gopray2:
 
Praying for your strength and grace to overcome temptation.

Jesus, I trust in You!
 
Hi Lucretius,

Praying for your intentions.

May God bless you during this stressful time for you.
 
Praying for you Lucretius .
Perhaps try to be with family and friends at this time.Take care.
 
Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom to overcome your temptations.
 
My sex drive is inflamed; I’m tempted to search for hookups. Please, please pray for me! I can’t do this alone!

Christi pax,

Lucretius
Perhaps it may be helpful to ask yourself why you view the other sex as a hookup and not as a person with whom you could have a meaningful relationship with be it platonic or romantically. :eek: :rolleyes: That may be part of your problem. 👍
 
Lucretius,
I am praying with you…

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.
 
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
:highprayer:

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
A Plea to God

Dear Lord,
Please help me.
Time and again I give in to temptation and evil, the sins of lust. Time and again I offend You, my Savior, deepening Your already painful and bloody wounds. In this misery, I give my yes, my will to satan, while to You, my loving God, I turn my back.
Time and again I find myself face down in the mud, crushed under the weight of my vileness and sins, while the force of my own destruction bears down on my soul.
Please forgive me, Lord, and help me to do better.
I am so weak that I feel helpless and defenceless, unable to stand, unworthy of Your love and support.
Cleanse me of self-loathing that I may see Your presence always within me and the countenance of Your loving Face in those whom I have desecrated, offended or injured.
Cleanse me of the spirit of addiction that I may take back control of myself, and please, once and for all, loosen the grasp that sin and satan have over me.
Be victorious over my enemies, O Lord, for I alone cannot defeat them. Grant me the grace and strength of self-control, so that my spirit holds dominion over my weak and selfish flesh unto my dying breath.
Help me, O Lord, to discipline myself through prayer and fasting.
Let me never lose sight of You – for You, my God, are all that I truly seek.
I pray that in my weakness, Your strength, love and mercy may be shown to all, and I pray that somewhere, somehow, someday, I may come to give You glory by my life.
Amen.
 
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” (1 Cor 10:13)

Be a man and have self control. Praying for you.
 
Perhaps it may be helpful to ask yourself why you view the other sex as a hookup and not as a person with whom you could have a meaningful relationship with be it platonic or romantically. :eek: :rolleyes: That may be part of your problem. 👍
Bad habits and culture pressure/envy, as well as loneliness and depression and temptations to despair built on a foundation of concupiscence, among other things.

Christi pax,

Lucretius
 
Thank you everyone! My temptations are still stabbing me, but I haven’t fallen yet.

Christi pax,

Lucretius
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Jesus, Lover of chastity,
Mary, Mother most pure,
and Joseph, chaste guardian of the Virgin,
to you I ask at this hour,
begging you to plead with God for me.
I earnestly wish to be pure in thought,
word and deed in imitation of your own holy purity.

Obtain for me, then, a deep sense of modesty
which will be reflected in my external conduct.
Protect my eyes, the windows of my soul,
from anything that might dim the luster of a heart
that must mirror only Christlike purity.

And when the “Bread of Angels” becomes
the “Bread of Me” in my heart at Holy Communion,
seal it forever against the suggestions of sinful pleasures.

Heart of Jesus, Fount of All Purity,
have mercy on us.
 
I’m sorry, everyone, but I failed…
We all fall down. Just keep on trying.

Hang in there, and don’t give up. Just keep going, one day at a time. That’s all any of us can do.

Prayers said for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top