B
Brenda_V
Guest
Okay, so it was just a stunt and no one noticed, check out this link: news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/17548192
I have one of those shirts. Because I like mine, and I want them saved. They are the one thing I can use to get male attention.
How so? I don’t see how a color could be immodest.I think that regardless of whether or not it was effective in helping women (and men) avoid or be “aware” of breast cancer, it does lack modesty.
Really, was it just about a color? Or was it about the color of the bra that you were wearing at that moment? :ehh:How so? I don’t see how a color could be immodest.
Well its not just a random color, its the color of your bra. For example, would you not agree there is a difference between someone asking someone else what their favorite color is vs asking what color underwear they are wearing? I dunno, but I would have two different reactions to the two questions, even if the answer to both questions is just a color. I know in this case people are volunteering the info, but the difference in the info still exists. We have become desensitized, but it doesn’t mean that telling everyone what color underwear one is wearing isn’t TMI IMHO.How so? I don’t see how a color could be immodest.
Thanks for the link. I do usually shun any thing from Susan G Komen and let all know why. I always wondered though if there was anyway to help fund a cure without it going to places that help case breast cancer.A bit OT, but important info: Is everyone aware the Susan G.Komen “Race” has funding going to “Planned Parenthood”?
A great pro-life alternative is Breast Cancer Prevention Institute at www.bcp.org
well said!!!I saw the colors posted and had no clue. My SIL let me know what it was about. I happily posted my color.I remembered to do my self-check. I sat for a few minutes and thought about a friend who died a few years ago from this scourge and said a prayer for her. And it was a nice reminder to send a check to the American Cancer Society.
It was a girl thing among many of us who have lost friends to this and dealt with our own health issues. Kind of a “we’re looking out for each other” solidarity.
And seriously… posting bra colors as sexual harrassment? So many fashions inadvertently advertise that color by a straying strap that it’s really not classified information.
Lighten up, world. Those of us who have gone in multiple times for biopsies not knowing if we were going to come out of surgery with life-ending news are looking at a bigger grimmer picture and just reminding those women we love to keep their own health in mind, since so many of us wives, mothers, daughters and caregivers seem to put that last in line after other people’s needs…
![]()
I don’t doubt your sincerity here, nor the need for solidarity because of a frightening disease. However, I also hope you see beyond all this and understand that SGK donating to PP is ridiculous since there is a strong link that can’t be denied (tho abortion groups try hard to) between breast cancer and hormonal birth control and breast cancer and abortion. It’s simply hypocritical that PP gets money when they hand birth control out like candy and have the closest ties to abortion. Anyone believe that because of that strong link they are fighting breast cancer??!I saw the colors posted and had no clue. My SIL let me know what it was about. I happily posted my color.I remembered to do my self-check. I sat for a few minutes and thought about a friend who died a few years ago from this scourge and said a prayer for her. And it was a nice reminder to send a check to the American Cancer Society.
It was a girl thing among many of us who have lost friends to this and dealt with our own health issues. Kind of a “we’re looking out for each other” solidarity.
And seriously… posting bra colors as sexual harrassment? So many fashions inadvertently advertise that color by a straying strap that it’s really not classified information.
Lighten up, world. Those of us who have gone in multiple times for biopsies not knowing if we were going to come out of surgery with life-ending news are looking at a bigger grimmer picture and just reminding those women we love to keep their own health in mind, since so many of us wives, mothers, daughters and caregivers seem to put that last in line after other people’s needs…
![]()
She said it was a reminder to send a check to the American Cancer Society, NOT the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Participating in the facebook thing had nothing directly to do with the SGK Foundation.I don’t doubt your sincerity here, nor the need for solidarity because of a frightening disease. However, I also hope you see beyond all this and understand that SGK donating to PP is ridiculous since there is a strong link that can’t be denied (tho abortion groups try hard to) between breast cancer and hormonal birth control and breast cancer and abortion. It’s simply hypocritical that PP gets money when they hand birth control out like candy and have the closest ties to abortion. Anyone believe that because of that strong link they are fighting breast cancer??!
Thanks for the clarification; I appreciate it.She said it was a reminder to send a check to the American Cancer Society, NOT the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Participating in the facebook thing had nothing directly to do with the SGK Foundation.
I am a female user of Facebook and I didn’t even know that you could do do that. Regardless, that is sick, wrong. I totally agree with you. This is not the way to raise money and shouldn’t be allowed.Recently for those of us that have a Facebook account, might have noticed how some of our female “friends” would post a color as their new status line. This color is to signify the color of the bra she would be wearing for breast cancer awareness. In some cases they indicate that they will wear no bra!!
Personally speaking, I can’t see why this is done. First off posting the color of your bra will NOT stop breast cancer. Secondly as far as “solidarity” with those who have/had breast cancer, I can’t see how it would help. You want to help defeat breast cancer, raise money for good research, speak about the less than popular ways it can be spread (abortion).
But what really irks me about this is they are indirectly promoting sexual harassment. If I were to ask a lady what color of bra they are wearing, you can imagine what kind of a response I get. They post this in a PUBLIC forum (all Internet is public IMHO).