Facebook and Breast Cancer

  • Thread starter Thread starter canadianguy1143
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was funny and cute. I posted my color. Does that mean I suffer in Dante’s first circle for lack of modesty?

Besides, as many of the nursing moms would point out, breasts are NOT sexual organs. It’s HIGH TIME we stopped treating them like they are. Men have them too (and yes, a small percentage of men get breast cancer). The only reason female breasts are bigger than male breasts are because men don’t get pregnant and nurse children. But, if given hormones, male breasts do develop, as they have the glands and everything else.

Maybe for some of us, it gave us the reminder to pray for women (and the small amount of men) who suffer from breast cancer and their families.

And I haven’t had any issues with any guy friends. But that’s because they are mature men. And if they know me at all, they know any comment like that results in broken kneecaps :D.

Heck, even my ultra-modest Muslim girlfriends participated. When I finally did it (my little sister reminded me), one of them commented on my FB, laughing and saying, “It’s fun and for a good cause!” And she covers up all the time, even in summer, due to her convictions. She’s also studying to be a doctor, so this issue may be something she deals with, depending on which specialty she chooses.

Seriously, if there are pictures of Our Lady nursing Jesus, breasts exposed, I don’t think God’s going to smite us for a silly (yet helpful, at least for some of us) thing on Facebook.
 
I thought it was funny and cute. I posted my color. Does that mean I suffer in Dante’s first circle for lack of modesty?

Besides, as many of the nursing moms would point out, breasts are NOT sexual organs. It’s HIGH TIME we stopped treating them like they are. Men have them too (and yes, a small percentage of men get breast cancer). The only reason female breasts are bigger than male breasts are because men don’t get pregnant and nurse children. But, if given hormones, male breasts do develop, as they have the glands and everything else.

Maybe for some of us, it gave us the reminder to pray for women (and the small amount of men) who suffer from breast cancer and their families.

And I haven’t had any issues with any guy friends. But that’s because they are mature men. And if they know me at all, they know any comment like that results in broken kneecaps :D.

Heck, even my ultra-modest Muslim girlfriends participated. When I finally did it (my little sister reminded me), one of them commented on my FB, laughing and saying, “It’s fun and for a good cause!” And she covers up all the time, even in summer, due to her convictions. She’s also studying to be a doctor, so this issue may be something she deals with, depending on which specialty she chooses.

Seriously, if there are pictures of Our Lady nursing Jesus, breasts exposed, I don’t think God’s going to smite us for a silly (yet helpful, at least for some of us) thing on Facebook.
This would be nice, but I was totally turned off when I read posts from some of the males about how excited they were that so and so was wearing a pink, black, red bra. I was equally turned off when a cousin of mine who very immodest and is know for such action, listed her color and got response such as I will have sweet dreams tonight.
 
This would be nice, but I was totally turned off when I read posts from some of the males about how excited they were that so and so was wearing a pink, black, red bra. I was equally turned off when a cousin of mine who very immodest and is know for such action, listed her color and got response such as I will have sweet dreams tonight.
This says more about your friends than how this all went down. Since I only am friends with something like three guys the chances they saw the color of my bra were slim (they don’t post a lot) and they are mature men who know that breasts are for feeding babies, they watched their wives do it, some of their wives are lactation consultants.

Brenda V.
 
I agree. Like I said, my male friends don’t do that. They’re mature Christian guys (and guys of other faiths) who’ve seen women breastfeed. They know well enough to get over it.
 
Personally I didnt find it offensive, if some did…oh well. I posted my bra color…I dont mind. I think it does get women to think about self breast exams when you remind them about things that are near to the breast. Like I said, I answered…and I added a big fat 😃 at the end! get over it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top