M
momtojeam
Guest
I’m not sure how I can do this. If I so much as glance at the guy, I am accused of “checking him out”. If I avoid, I am accused of hiding something/admitting that I have a problem… which is bogus.Maybe there is something inside him that wants you to prove your commitment.
Here is something that is strange to me… I keep telling my husband that I didn’t do anything wrong, which gets him really fired up. He will respond that “I am not your God… if you loved me you wouldn’t be attracted to other men”. Also, he has said a few times “I wish that you did do something wrong, at least then there would be something for me to forgive. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do to get over this”. I don’t understand how this would change the scenario, except by taking it a step farther in the wrong direction. He also says “this is what I get for being so jealous” (aka a wife that is attracted to other men). I would imagine what he’s getting at is that he thinks I have a problem, and he is now struggling because I am not the person that he thought I was. I have been trying to tell him that this is normal… part of human nature (doesn’t seem to get through), it’s not a big deal, nobody else compares to him (which is true!).
Things have settled down now, but if it comes up again, I’m not sure what I can say. Or if I should just refuse to discuss, period. Any suggestions?