Favorite Bogart movie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter svid2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maltese Falcon is my favorite.

I am also fond of a little known Bogie film called Return of Dr. X – believe it or not Bogie actually did a “horror” movie.

Lion in Winter is the only Katherine Hepburn movie I have been able to watch beginning to end.
 
Pax Christi!

I love Kate! And The Lion in Winter is my all-time favorite movie.

Love Kate! Love everything about her! Love her autobiography (titled Me)!

We should start a movie group! Who’s in?

God bless!
 
Pax Christi!

I love Kate! And The Lion in Winter is my all-time favorite movie.

Love Kate! Love everything about her! Love her autobiography (titled Me)!

We should start a movie group! Who’s in?

God bless!
 
I’m going to say, Sabrina, because it also has Audrey Hepburn.
 
First choice is Casablanca.

Second choice is Sabrina (because Hepburn was an angel and Bogart was a master of his field!).

They’re all good.
 
“In a Lonely Place,” co-starring Gloria Grahame.
I looked this up on IMDB. It looks really good. Gloria Grahme is a good actress too. I think I might have seen a few minutes of this movie on tv.

I will have to watch for this movie on TCM. THANKS!
 
Glad I saw this thread! Casablanca starts in 45 minutes.

I have several favorite Bogart movies. Key Largo is one of my favorites.
Casablanca, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, To Have and To Hold, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon. Another one where he had plastic surgery to disguise his identity (can’t remember the name) and another good one called The Two Mrs. Carrolls (I think that was it).
I love The Maltese Falcon (“The stuff that dreams are made of”) but The African Queen is also wonderful.
 
“In a Lonely Place,” co-starring Gloria Grahame.
I looked this up on IMDB. It looks really good. Gloria Grahme is a good actress too. I think I might have seen a few minutes of this movie on tv.

I will have to watch for this movie on TCM. THANKS!
 
That is another one I haven’t seen. Why don’t you like that scene after the trial?
SPOILER
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In that scene the naval defense attorney comes into the room where the officers of the Caine are celebrating their own surviving court martial. The attorney admonishes them for not doing more to support Captain Queeg (Bogart) even though his actions were unacceptable and almost caused the ship to be sunk. The officers don’t respond back except to admit their faults.
 
SPOILER
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In that scene the naval defense attorney comes into the room where the officers of the Caine are celebrating their own surviving court martial. The attorney admonishes them for not doing more to support Captain Queeg (Bogart) even though his actions were unacceptable and almost caused the ship to be sunk. The officers don’t respond back except to admit their faults.
That’s weird. In your post there is nothing after SPOILER. But when I hit the quote it popped up with a description of the scene.
Was there a picture too?
 
SPOILER
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In that scene the naval defense attorney comes into the room where the officers of the Caine are celebrating their own surviving court martial. The attorney admonishes them for not doing more to support Captain Queeg (Bogart) even though his actions were unacceptable and almost caused the ship to be sunk. The officers don’t respond back except to admit their faults.
That’s weird. In your post there is nothing after SPOILER. But when I hit the quote it popped up with a description of the scene.
Was there a picture too?
 
I looked this up on IMDB. It looks really good. Gloria Grahme is a good actress too. I think I might have seen a few minutes of this movie on tv.

I will have to watch for this movie on TCM. THANKS!
You’re welcome. It’s not as well known as it should be; kind of a “forgotten classic” with a cult-like following.

Gloria Grahame is uniquely good at smoldering on-screen.

Some people say Bogart doesn’t deserve ‘great actor’ status but I think his acting is pretty solid in this.

There’s another one come to think of it whose title escapes me in which Bogey plays a man whose face is wrapped up in bandages and it’s almost a horror picture. Anyone know that one?

Added: I looked it up - it’s “Dark Passage” with Lauren Bacall.
 
That’s weird. In your post there is nothing after SPOILER. But when I hit the quote it popped up with a description of the scene.
Was there a picture too?
I posted it in a color close to the color of the background so that someone would have to highlight it to see it.
 
I posted it in a color close to the color of the background so that someone would have to highlight it to see it.
I saw where it said color in your quote and I thought maybe you posted a picture then after my post posted in your quote I faintly made out what you had written. Very clever! 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top