K
KevinAK
Guest
TBN will be showing Silent Night on 12/16 11:30 AM EST.
Here you go:I too am doing a search for the “Commerce Day” movie. I KNOW I saw it and I think the main Character was Mac Davis. I know he had a variety type show in the mid 70’s so maybe it was just a Skit within his show. It soooo made an impression on me, I have never forgotten it. I tried a google search on Mac Davis but it was not listed as a movie credit, which is why I think it may have been within his show. I would really like to get a copy of this movie/ skit. That is if the commercial powers that be didn’t destroy it, so more people wouldn’t become aware of their plans to do away with true “reason for the season” Christ!![]()
Absolutely.I have to say my favorite Christmas movie is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Definately big around my parents house.
*Pocketful of Miracles *(Paramount, 1961, Glenn Ford, Bette Davis)One movie that I have only seen a few times is an oldie about the woman who lives on the street and when her daughter is coming home for Christmas, her street friends set things up so that the daughter can keep believing her mother is well-off and living more than comfortably. Cannot for the life of me remember the name.
Thank you so much, now that I see the title I think “OF COURSE!” I had looked for any movie with ‘miracle’ in the title but that one never came up.*Pocketful of Miracles *(Paramount, 1961, Glenn Ford, Bette Davis)
tee
Anything based on Damon Runyon and/or featuring the luscious Ann-Margaret is an a-ok Christmas movie in my book :aok:
Our drama group did the play a few years ago and someone called the theatre to complain about the fact that we were making fun of welfare families. They tore a strip off the manager of the theatre – a venue we were simply renting. Manager told us she was tempted to ask them if they’d even bothered to watch anything but the first 10 minutes.The Best Christmas Pagent Ever!