D
DaughterOfGod82
Guest
I voted “Other” because I like all kinds of music!
Good post, except that I (I’m a metalhead as well) haven’t seen any good ones… I need to check out those two you posted. All Christian rock I’ve heard has been punk/alternative/grunge inspired, which are about my worst favorite types of music… and they don’t even seem to be able to play those styles all that well. That’s hard to do, blow a punk song…Sadly, I think you are correct concerning many Christian artists, but I think it bears being said that this does not apply to all Christian musicians.
I’m a metalhead, and there are some bands like Theocracy and Saviour Machine that are solidly Christian AND superb musicians/songwriters.
Certainly, it does not help the Christian cause if we are mediocre in the use of our talents. We should strive to be the best! In that way we can truly glorify God!
Good post, except that I (I’m a metalhead as well) haven’t seen any good ones… I need to check out those two you posted. All Christian rock I’ve heard has been punk/alternative/grunge inspired, which are about my worst favorite types of music… and they don’t even seem to be able to play those styles all that well. That’s hard to do, blow a punk song…
What we need is a Christian guitar virtuoso, Yngwie-style.![]()

Have you heard anything by Jonny Lang? He’s a devout Christian and a blues guitar prodigy – white boy from North Dakota who sounded like he’d lived forty years down on his luck in the Delta with only a guitar for company before he could get a driver’s license. Thing is, as far as I can see, when he makes music he focuses on making music.What we need is a Christian guitar virtuoso, Yngwie-style.![]()
Yes, that’s the one drawback to this album: no real standout guitar solos. He admits that soloing is not his forte. Now that he has an actual band with a guitarist, that should hopefully change for their second album.I looked up Theocracy and (t)heseem(s) pretty good. There weren’t any guitar solos on the samples I listened too, though… how is he at soloing?
Moonspell…The only metal band I know to get away with singing “La la la la la la la la” in one of their songs, yet managing to retain their “metalness”.My favorite bands are:
\m/
Moonspell
Subway to Sally did it tooMoonspell…The only metal band I know to get away with singing “La la la la la la la la” in one of their songs, yet managing to retain their “metalness”.![]()
My mistake!Subway to Sally did it too
Moonspell – I’d listen to them if they’d just shut up and play their guitars.
It’s not the accent (after all, this is metal, the genre of odd-sounding voices) or the growling, the lyrics are just so unbelievably silly it’s hard to listen to them. I love the instrumental work though.Yeah, that Portuguese accent can be a little thick at times (not to mention the growling!)
Ahhh, gotcha. The guy that introduced me to the band (back with their first album, Wolfheart) told me that the band members really believed they were wolf spirits incarnated into human bodies.It’s not the accent (after all, this is metal, the genre of odd-sounding voices) or the growling, the lyrics are just so unbelievably silly it’s hard to listen to them. I love the instrumental work though.
LOL! I’ll have to check those guys out!Another one for the metalheads: The County Medical Examiners. Three-piece, all of them actual county coroners – older gentlemen playing some pretty amazing goregrind. Their bassist is in his 60s![]()