Favorite star wars characters

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocklobster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth Maul – participated in (and choreographed) the absolutely best swashbuckling, light sabre fight of the entire franchise
Obi Wan – wisdom and the strength that comes from that
Padme – Natalie Portman, 'nuf said, plus she kicks ***
&
that little laughing “chihuahua” thing next to Jabba.
Best lightsaber duel is Return of the Jedi when Luke is hiding from Darth Vader. Vader tells Luke if he will not join him, then maybe his sister will, Luke snaps, then the ensueing fight.
 
R2! The real hero behind every single movie!

Let’s see, after that Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, and Ian McDiarmid. I guess I got a soft spot for the bad guys. Well, the ones who get awsome lines.

After them, General Veers. And that’s about it for me.

And while the movies might not glorify violence as much as, say “300” or any Tarantino film, they certainly don’t portray it in a horrible light. Heck, it’s in the title, “Star Wars”.

Look at every star wars videogame ever made. Not a single one lacked violence of some sort (even if it was characters-turned-chess pieces clobbering eachother)

And with warfare placed in so fantabulous a light (a light of the far future, despite every movie’s insistance that all then events portrayed are infact from the distant past) who’s to say how many have come to an unrealistic understanding of violence, thinking it all lasers and space ships?
 
Quigon; but that’s because he’s Liam Neeson, the most handsome movie star.😉 I don’t like Darth Maul because he killed Quigon. But then, young Obi-Wan cut Darth Maul in two. Is that violent?😃
 
Obi-Wan! (Okay, I admit I partially like young Obi-Wan because he’s pretty good-looking. But still. Even when he’s older, he’s so wise!)😃
Yoda!
Darth Maul is the coolest bad guy ever.😉
Oooh, and Peter Cushing (aka Grand Moff Tarkin) is so awesome!
 
Darth Vader
Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
Mace Windu

FYI-I haven’t started reading in yet, but for fun I picked up a copy of a book called “The Gospel According to Star Wars”. My wife just shook her head…
Well, one of the characters IS named Luke and Luke was the name of a Gospel writer. 😉

My favorites are Luke, Leia and R2D2. R2D2 is so sweet and lovable.

My soon to be 7 year old nephew, who I accidentally turned into a Star Wars freak, LOVES Yoda.
 
I’d have to say Boba Fett, Han Solo, Obi Wan Kenobi, Leia Organa, Chewbacca, not necessarily in that order.
 
Why, Ewan MacGregor’s Uncle, Dennis Lawson, aka

Wedge Antilles

The only non-lead charecter that survived all of episodes 4,5, &6
I completely agree.

He is also the only one to be involved in both death star battles. And he survived. He brought down an AT-AT, in a speeder no less. Definitely the greatest fighter pilot. He could fly circles around that lout Anakin.
 
I’d have to say Boba Fett, Han Solo, Obi Wan Kenobi, Leia Organa, Chewbacca, not necessarily in that order.
I can’t believe it took 29 posts before someone mentioned Boba Fett! A full 28 posts after Jar Jar Binks! :eek: 😛

The best lightsabre duel has got to be Yoda vs. Saruman…er…I mean, Count Dooku. Who’d have thought Yoda had so much pep left after 900 years! 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top