Favorite verse?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruthyankees
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am guessing this has already been posted somewhere… but i haven’t found it. just wondering what everyone’s favorite verse is?

mine is Romans 12:21 🙂
My favorite verse normally is:

Ephesians 2:7, “so that in the ages to come he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness towards us in Christ Jesus.”

But in these economically hard times I think it has changed to:

Habakkuk 3:17-18, “Though the fig tree does not blossom,
and no fruit is on the vines;
though the produce of the olive fails
and the fields yield no food;
though the flock is cut off from the fold
and there is no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will exult in the God of my salvation.”
 
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

Romans 8:28
 
I have several and most have already been posted. This is one of my all time favorites though.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall take wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
 
His mother said to the servers, “Do whatever he tells you.” John 2:5
 
Psalms 46:10

“Be Still and know that I am God.” It has such a calming effect for me.👍
 
Easy: John 16:33
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world."
OOOHHHHHH! I have no idea how I have overlooked this one, but I needed this one; right now especially! Thanks for sharing this one!!!
 
1 Kings 11, 12:

“[11] And he said to him: Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord: and behold the Lord passeth, and a great and strong wind before the Lord over throwing the mountains, and breaking the rocks in pieces: the Lord is not in the wind, and after the wind an earthquake: the Lord is not in the earthquake. [12] And after the earthquake a fire: the Lord is not in the fire, and after the fire a whistling of a gentle air.”

I first saw this on “Into Great Silence”. I’ve loved it since. I also love the Song of the Three Holy Children (Daniel 23 : 23). That was in the movie also.
 
2Samuel 12:7

Then Nathan said to David, "You are the MAN!"

Ok, just kidding. But it is hard to hear that line without the modern slang usage springing up in my head.

On a more serious note…

Psalm 46:10 (a.k.a. Psalm 45:11 in the DR)

“Be still, and know that I am God.”

This is a much needed reminder to me amidst all the distractions of the world. And, as Leslie pointed out in Post #25, it has a calming effect as well.
 
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
 
29 “For You are my lamp, O LORD; The LORD shall enlighten my darkness. 2 Samuel 22
 
By sharing in the same loaf of bread, we become one body, even though there are many of us. (1 Corinthians 10:17)
 
1 Corinthians 2:9

But, as it is written: That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him.
 
All of Psalm 104; In Praise of Creation

But for humor, I like Lv 11:19; “Don’t eat bats.”
 
These are my two favourites:

John 1: 1

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Matthew 5 is beyond beautiful.
 
1 Kings 11, 12:

“[11] And he said to him: Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord: and behold the Lord passeth, and a great and strong wind before the Lord over throwing the mountains, and breaking the rocks in pieces: the Lord is not in the wind, and after the wind an earthquake: the Lord is not in the earthquake. [12] And after the earthquake a fire: the Lord is not in the fire, and after the fire a whistling of a gentle air.”

I first saw this on “Into Great Silence”. I’ve loved it since. I also love the Song of the Three Holy Children (Daniel 23 : 23). That was in the movie also.
I forgot to add Psalm 23. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top