Favorite verse?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruthyankees
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ruthyankees

Guest
i am guessing this has already been posted somewhere… but i haven’t found it. just wondering what everyone’s favorite verse is?

mine is Romans 12:21 🙂
 
Matt 11:28-30.
Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you. Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.

Favorite verse, always gets me in tears no matter how many times I read it. :o
 
"Then, I, John, saw a new heaven and a new earth. The former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. I also saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, God’s dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them as their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, for the old order has passed away.”
The One who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.”
-Revelation 21:1-5
 
Okay guys I know this sounds cliche. But John 3:16. 🙂

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

God Bless
 
John 6:53
Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
 
For me it’s the word of Jesus in the last verse of Mathew ( 28:20 )
behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
 
Such is our God, no other is to be compared to Him. - Barcuh 3:35

Favorite Psalm 137

I thank you Lord with all my heart,
you have heard the words of my mouth.
In the presence of the angels I will bless you.
I will adore before your holy temple…

God bless.
 
Isaiah 53:5

5But he was wounded for our iniquities, he was bruised for our sins: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his bruises we are healed.

Douay-Rheims
 
Proverbs 3:5-6:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
 
i am guessing this has already been posted somewhere… but i haven’t found it. just wondering what everyone’s favorite verse is?

mine is Romans 12:21 🙂
Romans 10:14
“How then shall they call on Him in who they have not believe? How shall they believe in Him who they have heard? How shall they hear without a preacher?”
 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
 
Hebrew 12:18-24:

*You have not approached that which could be touched and a blazing fire and gloomy darkness and storm and a trumpet blast and a voice speaking words such that those who heard begged that no message be further addressed to them, for they could not bear to hear the command: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it shall be stoned.”
Indeed, so fearful was the spectacle that Moses said, “I am terrified and trembling.”
No, you have approached Mount Zion and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and countless angels in festal gathering, and the assembly of the firstborn enrolled in heaven, and God the judge of all, and the spirits of the just made perfect, and Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and the sprinkled blood that speaks more eloquently than that of Abel. *
 
Psalm 143:1

“Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war.”

Or

St.John 15:13

“Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
 
Easy: John 16:33
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world."
 
Luke 12:48:

“From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required; and from the one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded.”
 
Philippians 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, in heaven, on earth and under the earth.

Hebrews 11:1 Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.
 
“But God proves his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.”
-Romans 5:8
 
My favorite verse is from Psalm 121: “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help.” I love the entire Psalm, but that’s my favorite part. Years ago, some time after my mother passed, my dad gave some of her keepsake books to my siblings and me. The one he just happened to give me was titled “I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes.” He had no idea how happy I would be to receive it.
 
Thou dost keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee because he trusts Thee.
Isa 26 v3
 
Romans 8:28
We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top