fear

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monica4316
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monica, hang on. I’m going through a mini-version, in a way, of what you’re experiencing. I’ll offer it up for you.
 
I have a question,
what is a good way to deal with fear? how do you deal with it?

Lately I’ve been experiencing a lot of fear…

I’m entering the Church this Easter and all this day I’ve been wondering if I’m making a mistake 😦 I don’t know how to deal with this… my first Confession is on Wednesday… and I can’t spend hours in prayer cause I have to study for my exams.
I was baptized Eastern Orthodox as a child and some people have been telling me that I’m putting my salvation in danger by leaving the Orthodox church…this has caused me so much worry and sadness this past year.

I’m also afraid about the future sometimes… (btw, I’m 22) I have no idea what career path to take, and I don’t know what God wants for me… I also don’t know if God wants me to marry or if I have a religious vocation. It’s so confusing at times. I have a natural fear of being a nun but sometimes I wonder if this fear would prevent me from following through with what *just might *be God’s will for me… sometimes I think what if I get married and at the end of my life regret not having been more open to a religious vocation. (even though marriage is a wonderful vocation too, I’m just talking about myself here!)

I know that the answer is “trust God” but I don’t even know what He wants and if I’m going against His will or not?

what do you think is a good way to deal with fear or at least what’s a good way of looking at it? 🙂

any advice at all…?

Wednesday is approaching lol…
the short answer would be: pray the rosary (lifts you up from the scary/disturbing things of this world)…

spend time with Jesus @ the Blessed Sacrament as much as possible… in silence

spend time alone with God and nature… in silence…

As to finding your vocation… well, that is a long, sometimes VERY long process… I am still wondering about my own vocation and i am no spring chicken like you are…

I tried asking God directly what he wanted… I’m not sure it was God who answered because i then went through a lot of really weird, often very painful stuff trying to do as i was “told”… (heard certain things in answer to my questions:eek::confused:)… but anyway… maybe it was still God’s will …:confused: that i go through all that… God often has us go through painful things, not because he is mean but because that’s the only way we will learn important things… that we need to learn…

Learning Christ and His way (as opposed to our own/Satan’s) is always problematic no matter what… because we are sinners… Jesus said that the narrow way to Heaven is difficult to find… .

another thing that helps is asking prayerful people to pray for you…

God bless…🙂
 
hi Monica,

i understand. i am always the cat dipping a paw in water. oh no. scary.
do not let fear stop you. bad idea to be ruled by fear. pray for courage.
take one thing at a time. baptism tomorrow (or the day after!). life after that.

i am happy for your Baptism. God bless you. 🙂

c
 
hi Monica,

i understand. i am always the cat dipping a paw in water. oh no. scary.
do not let fear stop you. bad idea to be ruled by fear. pray for courage.
take one thing at a time. baptism tomorrow (or the day after!). life after that.

i am happy for your Baptism. God bless you. 🙂

c
Actually, if I’m not mistaken, she is converting from the EO and has been baptized, however since they haven’t found her documentation of that the priest could always do a conditional baptism. She said tho’ that the priest said he would just leave a space for her baptismal date on her form, to add later.
 
Actually, if I’m not mistaken, she is converting from the EO and has been baptized, however since they haven’t found her documentation of that the priest could always do a conditional baptism. She said tho’ that the priest said he would just leave a space for her baptismal date on her form, to add later.
ok thanks. 🙂 still happy for her.
 
Monica… Hi, it’s me… how are you doing today?

based on all that i know about your journey, the problem i feel is the EO and it’s members. they have just messed with your mind so bad. They have *used *fear **purposely **to get you to doubt and return to the EO church.

I do not say this to be derogatory but please look at the fruit. By the fruit we will know.

Threats and that shunning thing they do. The fact that they would damn you and look down on your family** ought to tell you **what kind of fruit this is.

It is not very holy or pious for them to have the feelings they do towards the Catholic Church, it’s just plain jealousy and nothing more. It is a spirit that is within the Orthodox church, the same spirit that caused the schism, the same spirit of division.

Just as Luther brought with him a spirit of rebellion with his division, they have with them a spirit of envy and jealousy. I pray that these ppl will lose their power and hold over you.
 
Thank you everyone for your prayers and advice! 🙂

Benedicta, wow I didn’t know you posted here too!! 🙂 😃

I wanted to give an update. I think God really did a miracle! thanks to all your prayers and the prayers of my friends, and no doubt - Our Lady. On Tuesday night, that’s when my doubt was the worst it’s ever been, I prayed the Rosary… and right when I finished it, I felt soo much better…I was certain that I’d feel doubt again after that, BUT - I haven’t!!! 🙂 not for two days.

Yesterday, I went to my first Confession =) it was scheduled for Wednesday at first, but then got moved to Thursday. As I went there, I felt no fear or doubt at all about my decision. I just wanted to be free of all the sin! I was nervous about telling the priest my darkest secret, this horrible sin that I’ve done. And afterwards, - WOW - I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way in my life, but I just KNEW that all my sin was gone… that my soul was completely clean. I felt so much peace, very deep peace, not just an emotion… and it’s soo amazing how after everything I’ve done to Jesus, He would forgive me just like that… as I prayed before the Tabernacle afterwards, I was just thinking of the Cross and how incredible it is that God’s mercy is greater than our sins.

It was such an awesome day, I can’t describe it =)

and today, I’m trying to prepare for the Eucharist!!! (tomorrow)
I’ve been waiting for this for sooo long. 🙂

thank you everyone! looks like I’m becoming Catholic at last! and I’m so thankful that God set me free of all that fear and doubt. And He gave me peace regarding all that people said about me going to hell for converting.

God bless!
 
I think right now, either the devil is REALLY trying to get me to give up on converting, or God is trying to show me it was never His will!!
Hope I’m not late getting to you here.

I think you’re 100% correct in this thought.

So … how do you discern the difference? By their fruits you shall know them. The “fruit” in this situation is fear. Just relax and think about it. Does fear come from the devil, or from God? This should give you your answer.

Edit - I posted before reading the whole thread. Looks like you got your answer. Praise the Lord!
 
My dear friend
Faith dissipates fear. Pray for more faith perhaps may help.🙂
 
Well, know that we here are behind you tomorrow night ('course Someone who’s stronger, more compassionate, more knowing, more loving, etc., etc., is behind you, too). We’ll keep you in our prayers.😉
 
Indeed! Today’s your Big Day!

jumps up and down and goes ‘SQUEE!’

👍
 
HI everyone, thanks so much for all your prayers and advice!! 🙂

I’m Catholic now!!! 😃

I was received into the Church at the Easter Vigil. It’s wonderful 🙂 I love it! I’m so glad I did it. Receiving the Eucharist this morning was especially amazing, I felt so much peace and so close to God. I’m looking forward to receiving the Eucharist for the rest of my life 🙂

God bless!!
 
HI everyone, thanks so much for all your prayers and advice!! 🙂

I’m Catholic now!!! 😃

I was received into the Church at the Easter Vigil. It’s wonderful 🙂 I love it! I’m so glad I did it. Receiving the Eucharist this morning was especially amazing, I felt so much peace and so close to God. I’m looking forward to receiving the Eucharist for the rest of my life 🙂

God bless!!
Congrats! 👍

I’m so glad everything went well. Good for your for overcoming your anxiety and fear. I hope you feel as close to God forevermore as you do now.
 
I’m Catholic now!!! 😃

I was received into the Church at the Easter Vigil. It’s wonderful 🙂 I love it! I’m so glad I did it. Receiving the Eucharist this morning was especially amazing, I felt so much peace and so close to God. I’m looking forward to receiving the Eucharist for the rest of my life 🙂

God bless!!
:extrahappy: Hip, hip hooray!

:blessyou:
 
The Appostle Paul in Philippians Chapter 4 verses 4 - 9 tells you how to have greater peace in life. There is a battle for our minds. It is difficult to empty your mind of thought; you have to direct your thoughts to eliminate dwelling on fear. I suggest what Paul has said in Philippians. Also, a good memory verse to dwell on is 2 Timothy 1: 7 " For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and of love and a soundness of mind".
  • Pray for release from fear - God Bless- gb
 
Congratulations to Monica! 👍

I attended the Vigil Mass this year, thank God (last year I was too sick). It was wonderful to know that I understand more now than I did then, and to see the Baptism, Confirmation and Communion of our Catechumens!
 
Dear Monica,

Happy Easter!!! i would just like to say that as a convert myself (it will be a year on 20th April this year!! whoop whoop!) i understand where you’re coming from. although my family are not religious and so i guess i can’t relate to your worries about your family so much. i can however totally relate to your doubts, other people have commented about the devil trying to make you doubt and things like that and i can only totally agree…i was in a absolute state of confusion right up until the day i was recieved and then whoosh it was all over and i then had a sense of peace. I really hope you are feeling that same peace now!!! but, you will always doubt a bit, i do (part of it probbaly has to do with the fact i am doing a MA Divinity tii though!! ha ha!!) and God will hold you and use that to sanctify you, just go to confession and communion regularly and he will keep you going strong!!!

also, trust in his grace- he has led you to the church and he knows all your fears and worries but he will sort them out for ‘he works all things for the good of those who love him, according to his purposes’ (also Jeremiah 29: 11, 13 is another good verse!)

God bless you and you keep on going girl!!!

oh…and before i forget…welcome to God’s family!!! and a million and one congratulations!!! i am praying for you!!! xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top