M
michaelhager
Guest
As a former Protestant, my biggest concern for our fellow protestants is that they are missing so much of Christ’s glory and grace by staying away from the church.
I used to think of the Catholic Church as that other big church down the road. Yes, I knew historically it was the original Church, I believed the historical succession of Popes, even knew that they had given us the Bible, but the teachings I heard about the inquisition, the pre reformation Church, the problems through the ages, the more I thought we were justified in protesting against, and separating ourselves from the Catholic Church.
Now that I embrace the full teaching and traditions of the Church along with the FULL reading of ALL the words in the Bible, I can only feel sorry for those who are simply nibbling at the buffet, and not sitting down to the whole meal. It is our JOB to teach them the truth. It’s a hard job, but we can do it.
“forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us…” then get to work!
.
I used to think of the Catholic Church as that other big church down the road. Yes, I knew historically it was the original Church, I believed the historical succession of Popes, even knew that they had given us the Bible, but the teachings I heard about the inquisition, the pre reformation Church, the problems through the ages, the more I thought we were justified in protesting against, and separating ourselves from the Catholic Church.
Now that I embrace the full teaching and traditions of the Church along with the FULL reading of ALL the words in the Bible, I can only feel sorry for those who are simply nibbling at the buffet, and not sitting down to the whole meal. It is our JOB to teach them the truth. It’s a hard job, but we can do it.
“forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us…” then get to work!
.