Finding a Catholic Spouse

  • Thread starter Thread starter xixxvmcm85
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
*I won’t jump over you with **that ***remark, **but **please don’t ever refer to a room full of single women as a SUPERMARKET. Oh my. Where do I begin??

:tsktsk:
As the adults would say when I was growing up: “Oh for crying out loud!”.

I was simply trying to give an analogy to compare it to the sheer number of choices we have available and to how it can be overwhelming. Please see the lesson of the analogy/parable instead of being offended by a small part of what is contained in the parable itself.

Maybe I need to ship you some cannoli and Eli’s cheesecake.
 
Actually, Aquinas says you need to presume the best unless you have good proof, but this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take precautions (presuming good about people doesn’t mean being stupid).
My friends and I have enough bad experiences with men that we have to assume that all men are bad until proven otherwise. It protects our hearts if we do that.
 
As the adults would say when I was growing up: “Oh for crying out loud!”.

I was simply trying to give an analogy to compare it to the sheer number of choices we have available and to how it can be overwhelming. Please see the lesson of the analogy/parable instead of being offended by a small part of what is contained in the parable itself.

Maybe I need to ship you some cannoli and Eli’s cheesecake.
To ‘‘know’’ me…is to know that I am often half-serious in my retorts. 😉 But, the cannoli would be lovely, just the same…One can forget a lot of offenses with a good cannoli. 😛
 
My friends and I have enough bad experiences with men that we have to assume that all men are bad until proven otherwise. It protects our hearts if we do that.
But, you know how many men (good Catholic ones) are in the world? Many, seriously. You have barely scratched the surface…be yourself, be holy…the right man will take notice. I should leave my day job and become a dating muse for a living. 😛
 
But, you know how many men (good Catholic ones) are in the world? Many, seriously. You have barely scratched the surface…be yourself, be holy…the right man will take notice. I should leave my day job and become a dating muse for a living. 😛
The only good men I’ve met are either gay or related to me. I would love for you to be a match maker for me. You could have your own show on Vh1 (Tough Love, I love that show).
 
*Hmmm…a professional Catholic matchmaker…I could do this, I know it. I wish my kids would let me pick their spouses…I know I’d pick someone perfect for them, but I’m told that they must exercise free will…oh well. Nice thought, lol

But, a muse…she serves more to inspire those to living their best life…but in this case, a dating muse. Or would it just end up being…A-musing. :D*
 
*Hmmm…a professional Catholic matchmaker…I could do this, I know it. I wish my kids would let me pick their spouses…I know I’d pick someone perfect for them, but I’m told that they must exercise free will…oh well. Nice thought, lol

But, a muse…she serves more to inspire those to living their best life…but in this case, a dating muse. Or would it just end up being…A-musing. :D*
Lol. For fun, I did a google search for matchmakers in Seattle. It turns out there are some. And they also do “image makeovers” and train you. Like a dog. Nice. :rolleyes:
 
I was simply trying to give an analogy to compare it to the sheer number of choices we have available and to how it can be overwhelming.
It’s like a wine shelf. Some of them are sweet, some are dry, some are white, some are red, some are pink, they come from California, they come from France, they come from Moldavia, they come from Italy, they come from Georgia (the one at the Black Sea), some from Australia and some really good from Chile… sorry, got a little carried. 😛 Basically, you love them all and they all kinda each have a different flavour and they all go to your head but you can’t have them all! 😃
My friends and I have enough bad experiences with men that we have to assume that all men are bad until proven otherwise. It protects our hearts if we do that.
I’ve had bad experiences too and probably up 40 Miss Not-Really’s, but I’m glad of getting rid of the shell finally. 🙂
I should leave my day job and become a dating muse for a living. 😛
Musing all day long can be pretty tiring. :p:D
 
Praying that my son never refers to a room full of single women as a supermarket or a wine shelf. :dts:
 
Praying that my son never refers to a room full of single women as a supermarket or a wine shelf. :dts:
Or says bad one liners to a woman. Like, “you pants are a mirror, I can see myself in them”. And I threw my drink at him (what a waste of a good lemon drop). 😃
 
Humble pie goes really really well with wine, chev. :whistle:
I’ve tasted a lot of humble pie in my life. 🙂
Or says bad one liners to a woman. Like, “you pants are a mirror, I can see myself in them”. And I threw my drink at him (what a waste of a good lemon drop). 😃
What an insolent moron of him. Thank you for not putting up with it. It’s always a tiny little personal holiday for me when a woman rebukes such a remark (long story).
 
The only good men I’ve met are either gay or related to me. I would love for you to be a match maker for me. You could have your own show on Vh1 (Tough Love, I love that show).
CountrySinger, I actually know 3 excellent men: a serious cutie pie, a smarty-smart-smarty, and a perfect gentleman. Oh wait - they are my brothers. 😛 Could be your gain though, as I would willingly introduce you. (They are younger than you, but somebody has to figure out that robbing the cradle is a good idea - being an elderly widow has got to be no fun at all.) 😉
 
I’ve tasted a lot of humble pie in my life. 🙂

What an insolent moron of him. Thank you for not putting up with it. It’s always a tiny little personal holiday for me when a woman rebukes such a remark (long story).
I had to admit, it was pretty funny. I got a free drink from the bartender. 😃 I’m normally very sweet, but when a guy is a moron, I act. I’ve had to defend myself against guys before, so I tolerate nothing from them. Especially in a bar setting, I’ve seen too many things happen quickly if the situation isn’t nipped right away.
 
CountrySinger, I actually know 3 excellent men: a serious cutie pie, a smarty-smart-smarty, and a perfect gentleman. Oh wait - they are my brothers. 😛 Could be your gain though, as I would willingly introduce you. (They are younger than you, but somebody has to figure out that robbing the cradle is a good idea - being an elderly widow has got to be no fun at all.) 😉
😃 True, since men tend to die younger. I always joked that I would marry a rich old man who was scared of cats, and willing to give me all of the money. Then my cats would cause him to have a heart attack and die. Then I would travel the world. 😃 I would be the crazy cat lady. :D:D:D That is plan B ever since I was 13.
 
Or says bad one liners to a woman. Like, “you pants are a mirror, I can see myself in them”. And I threw my drink at him (what a waste of a good lemon drop). 😃
*:eek: How charming. :hypno:

Did this happen at a bar I presume? As a wannabe-muse, I’d suggest not hanging out in those types of places…’‘most’’ moral Catholic single men won’t be hanging out in bars like that. I have known single Catholic guys to get together and head to a sportsbar, however, to watch a football game or something. How about joining a gym? Or volunteering in a Catholic charity…if single men are volunteering there, you have increased your odds of meeting a likeminded person. But, your only motivation for serving a charity should of course, be the charity. I only say that to suggest that getting involved with things that matter to you, could cause you to meet someone on the same level. *
 
😃 True, since men tend to die younger. I always joked that I would marry a rich old man who was scared of cats, and willing to give me all of the money. Then my cats would cause him to have a heart attack and die. Then I would travel the world. 😃 I would be the crazy cat lady. :D:D:D That is plan B ever since I was 13.
This sounds like an episode of Tales of the Crypt…ever see that show? 😃
 
*:eek: How charming. :hypno:

Did this happen at a bar I presume? As a wannabe-muse, I’d suggest not hanging out in those types of places…’‘most’’ moral Catholic single men won’t be hanging out in bars like that. I have known single Catholic guys to get together and head to a sportsbar, however, to watch a football game or something. How about joining a gym? Or volunteering in a Catholic charity…if single men are volunteering there, you have increased your odds of meeting a likeminded person. But, your only motivation for serving a charity should of course, be the charity. I only say that to suggest that getting involved with things that matter to you, could cause you to meet someone on the same level. *
I don’t go to bars that often anymore. I’m going to join a gym once they start having sales for the new year. 😃 There’s one right down the road, next to a Starbucks. 😃 The hard part about volunteering is that my schedule is so weird, I have Tuesday and Wednesdays off. And men don’t volunteer. I’m tempted to go to the sports bar down the street wearing a Seahawks/ Meriners shirt.
 
CountrySinger, I actually know 3 excellent men: a serious cutie pie, a smarty-smart-smarty, and a perfect gentleman. Oh wait - they are my brothers. 😛 Could be your gain though, as I would willingly introduce you. (They are younger than you, but somebody has to figure out that robbing the cradle is a good idea - being an elderly widow has got to be no fun at all.) 😉
*:love: This could be promising for you, CS!

I would introduce you to my nephew, who was raised Catholic…went to Catholic school…has a great job as a university professor…is 26 yrs old…and is not a womanizer…BUT, he is a self-proclaimed atheist now. 🤷*
 
I don’t go to bars that often anymore. I’m going to join a gym once they start having sales for the new year. 😃 There’s one right down the road, next to a Starbucks. 😃 The hard part about volunteering is that my schedule is so weird, I have Tuesday and Wednesdays off. And men don’t volunteer. I’m tempted to go to the sports bar down the street wearing a Seahawks/ Meriners shirt.
*Men don’t volunteer? haha Really? *
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top