Finding a Catholic Spouse

  • Thread starter Thread starter xixxvmcm85
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like an episode of Tales of the Crypt…ever see that show? 😃
No I haven’t. My friends always call me Anna Nicole, because of my plan. I had a shirt that said “If I can’t find true love, I’ll settle for lots of money”. I wore it all the time when I worked at Old Navy. 😃
 
*:love: This could be promising for you, CS!

I would introduce you to my nephew, who was raised Catholic…went to Catholic school…has a great job as a university professor…is 26 yrs old…and is not a womanizer…BUT, he is a self-proclaimed atheist now. 🤷*
Better loving through the internet! 😃
 
Dear Blessed Mother,

Please help all of us decent, single Catholics find our soulmate. Seems I’m not the only one searching. I think she is our only chance. Hang in there.
 
Praying that my son never refers to a room full of single women as a supermarket or a wine shelf. :dts:
You *know *it was in humour. 😉 Especially those single Catholic ladies who can’t *find *a man (and sometimes a man who’d be interested or simply be there, not a man who would be worthy or good enough) whereas they should be so hard-sought after, occupy a special place in my heart, which cringes every time I read a story of the kind that we see in this thread and similar ones.
 
You *know *it was in humour. 😉 Especially those single Catholic ladies who can’t *find *a man whereas they should be so hard-sought after, occupy a special place in my heart, which cringes every time I read a story of the kind that we see in this thread and similar ones.
*If you say so. 😃 I am vascillating between thinking these comments are funny, and not so funny. I need to remember the company I’m in, however…you typically use tongue in cheek comments, a lot. 😉

But, my prayer for my son was** not *in humor…I was being serious! 😃 :rotfl:
 
I’m going to join a gym once they start having sales for the new year. 😃
Here’s some practical “big brother” type advice you can take or leave.

Find a gym where there is a heavy bag, boxing/kickboxing, or martial arts classes.

Wear a religious-themed t-shirt/sweatshirt.

Then, perfect your left hook and/or roundhouse.

This will serve a dual purpose:
  1. The t-shirt will establish you as a Catholic woman and may repel the pagan “players”
  2. The left hook/roundhouse will show that you are not to be messed with
Hopefully, this will help to weed out the non-Catholic jerks.
 
Here’s some practical “big brother” type advice you can take or leave.

Find a gym where there is a heavy bag, boxing/kickboxing, or martial arts classes.

Wear a religious-themed t-shirt/sweatshirt.

Then, perfect your left hook and/or roundhouse.

This will serve a dual purpose:
  1. The t-shirt will establish you as a Catholic woman and may repel th epagan “players”
  2. The left hook/roundhouse will show that you are not to be messed with
Hopefully, this will help to weed out the non-Catholic jerks.
Love the advice! I already love kickboxing, even fat girls can do it. I have a mean kick. 😃
 
If you say so. 😃 I am vascillating between thinking these comments are funny, and not so funny. I need to remember the company I’m in, however…you typically use tongue in cheek comments, a lot. 😉

But, my prayer for my son was
* not ***in humor…I was being serious! 😃 :rotfl:
Actually, I like the comparison and I think it is not at all demeaning or irreverent, although I would have to delve for long kilobytes into the context to convey the whole meaning. 😉
 
*Countrysinger…

One thing I’d like to highly suggest, and I know you are joking around a lot with this…BUT…try not to refer to thinking of yourself as ‘fat’ or ‘not as attractive as…’ It will do wonders for your self esteem. If we keep telling ourselves negative things, we stay locked into those images of ourselves. I used to tell myself that I ‘‘was terrified of public speaking,’’ and ‘‘wasn’t good at presentation giving’’ at work. Guess what? It became a self fulfilling prophecy…I eventually took a class to help me get over this, and now I fill my head with positive images of myself, giving the presentation (alas, no one is laughing at me! lol) and all goes well. I just offer that to you…think higher of yourself, girl! You are a beautiful child of God…and maybe do kickboxing if you like it…holy cow, that will get you in shape! I have a Billy Blanks dvd…

My reaction to it ------>>:eek:

You also seem so fun and energetic…there are men out there who would love to have you has their girlfriend. You just haven’t met him yet. :D*
 
Actually, I like the comparison and I think it is not at all demeaning or irreverent, although I would have to delve for long kilobytes into the context to convey the whole meaning. 😉
No, let’s leave it at the abbreviated version. 😃
 
*Countrysinger…

One thing I’d like to highly suggest, and I know you are joking around a lot with this…BUT…try not to refer to thinking of yourself as ‘fat’ or ‘not as attractive as…’ It will do wonders for your self esteem. If we keep telling ourselves negative things, we stay locked into those images of ourselves. I used to tell myself that I ‘‘was terrified of public speaking,’’ and ‘‘wasn’t good at presentation giving’’ at work. Guess what? It became a self fulfilling prophecy…I eventually took a class to help me get over this, and now I fill my head with positive images of myself, giving the presentation (alas, no one is laughing at me! lol) and all goes well. I just offer that to you…think higher of yourself, girl! You are a beautiful child of God…and maybe do kickboxing if you like it…holy cow, that will get you in shape! I have a Billy Blanks dvd…

My reaction to it ------>>:eek:

You also seem so fun and energetic…there are men out there who would love to have you has their girlfriend. You just haven’t met him yet. :D*
I love Billy Banks. I also love running marathon (I ran the Portland one in October, ending up injuring my knee, but I did finish in 5 hours). I’m using “fat” as a description. I hate when people use the term “fluffy” (I’m not a cat), or big boned (reminds me of Eric Cartman). I’m fat. I’m not skinny, or slender. At my lowest weight (when I was starving myself working as a singer in Nashville), I was never a size 2, and my manager was so mad. I know waht I am and what I am not.
 
I’ve been on dates with guys who think it is okay to have sex outside of marriage, have abortions, etc. Those guys would leave once they figured they weren’t getting any. I don’t get it. But it’s okay as long as you go to Mass, I guess. sarcasm It is a tough dating world out there. I better get my armour. It’s ironic, because to date, you need a open heart, but you also need to be cynical and assume the worst about everyone.
Interesting. Sad though. Very. Anything worth having, is worth waiting on. So, it might take a bit longer to find that special man for you, who thinks you are awesome and all the trappings, BUT who also is a devout and practicing Catholic. I feel encouraged that you’ll find this special man.
 
I love Billy Banks. I also love running marathon (I ran the Portland one in October, ending up injuring my knee, but I did finish in 5 hours). I’m using “fat” as a description. I hate when people use the term “fluffy” (I’m not a cat), or big boned (reminds me of Eric Cartman). I’m fat. I’m not skinny, or slender. At my lowest weight (when I was starving myself working as a singer in Nashville), I was never a size 2, and my manager was so mad. I know waht I am and what I am not.
*You being a country singer, literally, is very curious to me…I would love to hear you sing! 🙂 Have you ever thought of singing at your parish? *
 
*You being a country singer, literally, is very curious to me…I would love to hear you sing! 🙂 Have you ever thought of singing at your parish? *
Yes, I do. I was in the choir at my parish in Salem. And I’m going to call the music director at my new parish tomorrow to see if they have any openings in their choir. I went to Mass today, and they have a pretty good choir. 😃 Plus they have a lot of young adult activities.
Without going into detail, I lived in Nashville while in college, and my label dropped me because I wouldn’t act like the country version of Britney Spears (this was in her heyday) and do “favors” for them. One of my handlers asked me “what do you think your knees are for?”. My answer, “praying?”. 😃

I should record myself and see if I can put it on here. :cool:
 
Yes, I do. I was in the choir at my parish in Salem. And I’m going to call the music director at my new parish tomorrow to see if they have any openings in their choir. I went to Mass today, and they have a pretty good choir. 😃 Plus they have a lot of young adult activities.
Without going into detail, I lived in Nashville while in college, and my label dropped me because I wouldn’t act like the country version of Britney Spears (this was in her heyday) and do “favors” for them. One of my handlers asked me “what do you think your knees are for?”. My answer, “praying?”. 😃

:eek: Oh my gosh, good for you that you stood by your values. 👍 That is a tough business, I’d imagine…the politics, the value system…maybe it’s a mixed blessing that you’re out of it? Do you miss it?

I should record myself and see if I can put it on here. :cool:
Yes, that would be cool if you could figure a way to do so. :)*
 
Oh, and the singing in the parish choir thing…that will be great for you, in many ways…especially being new to the area. We have such a small choir here, only two women, I CANNOT (and will not) sing…lol so we could use your talents here. 😃
 
Oh, and the singing in the parish choir thing…that will be great for you, in many ways…especially being new to the area. We have such a small choir here, only two women, I CANNOT (and will not) sing…lol so we could use your talents here. 😃
I do miss it sometimes (the Nashville thing). But I realize that if I did make it big, I would have no privacy, and being gone from home would be rough. It would involve leaving my mom alone. And if were gone, she would have died alone shudders. If I were to go back, I would prefer to be a backup singer. But God had other plans for me. 🙂
My voice is a very country one, so it is interesting in choirs. I tend to stand out becasue of my accent. .
 
I’ve heard very good things about eharmony, does have any experience with it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top