T
Tired_Mama
Guest
Why is it so hard to find a community of likeminded people at church? I’d really like to meet some other Catholic mothers of small children. It’s so hard to raise Catholic children in this world and I feel like I’m on my own since my family lives far away.
But we go to Mass and then everyone leaves right after it’s over. Honestly I think we could go to church every sunday for 30 years and then disappear and no one even notice. There are some activities but they’re usually during the day when we’re at work.
We attended the local latin Mass a few weeks ago and it’s even worse. I guess they’re not allowed to have any activities at all since they’re not an official parish.
I read the Catholic mommy blogs where they seem to have these perfect homeschooling families that celebrates feastdays, etc. and I think that I would really like to know people like this in real life (although I guess they’d disapprove of my working and small family). I want to pass along a Catholic culture to my child. When we were Orthodox we had to that, to some extent. But it’s so hard in the modern American Catholic church, KWIM?
Sorry if this is a bit of a rant.
Am I alone in feeling like this?
But we go to Mass and then everyone leaves right after it’s over. Honestly I think we could go to church every sunday for 30 years and then disappear and no one even notice. There are some activities but they’re usually during the day when we’re at work.
We attended the local latin Mass a few weeks ago and it’s even worse. I guess they’re not allowed to have any activities at all since they’re not an official parish.
I read the Catholic mommy blogs where they seem to have these perfect homeschooling families that celebrates feastdays, etc. and I think that I would really like to know people like this in real life (although I guess they’d disapprove of my working and small family). I want to pass along a Catholic culture to my child. When we were Orthodox we had to that, to some extent. But it’s so hard in the modern American Catholic church, KWIM?
Sorry if this is a bit of a rant.
Am I alone in feeling like this?