Midway through the movie, the wife goes to her mother, who has had a stroke, and says, “When did I stop being good enough?”. The movie leaves us hanging on for an answer, but it never produces an answer to her question.
I wonder on the how and why of this question.
Why is it put in to the movie, if they are not going to answer the question and how should the question be answered.
Remember this discussion occurs after the wife asks her husband, “Why do you view pornography on the Web?”.
This question is not answered either?
Why is it put in to the movie, if they are not going to answer the question and how should the question be answered.
I have concluded that contraception is feminine pornography and should be treated as such…
Yes, this movie was based upon a Protestant understanding of the Christian faith. It was undertaken by a protestant church, what would you expect.
The question: Actually, the answer was that she had not become “not good enough” … The addiction to pornography distorts the reality and affects both persons. … it did not need to be spoken … not every spoken question needs an audible answer.
Also, while the movie was low budget the story line and dialogue is inacted in homes throughout the nation every day … just as it was written … very true to life … [tape record the high diologue in your exchanges with a spouse

as if it was not being recorded

]
And yes, the story is underlayed by the Christian tradition from which it comes … the disdain shown in some comments is uncalled for. Many Christian couples I know consider their marriages “sacramental” … and I know some 'catholics" who don’t. My husband and I went to a 75th wedding anniversary celebration last October … this couple is not Catholic but they have lived their marriage, every one of the seventy-five plus years as if it was a sacrament.
Want a “Catholic” version of Fireproof … make one … Want a movie to exhibit catholic theology and marriage … write the script, hire the actors and market the film …

I’ll be there …
Please do not disparage this effort to confront some of the evils that attack marriage in our time … the divorce rates amoung catholics is very high

… affirming marriage in any way is a positive good

…
And if nothing else, this movie proves that there is far more that unites us with our seperated brethren then divides - good

and bad

…
As a leader in my parish I was invited to a pre-screening of Fireproof. I also went to see it.
And I believe that the
“40 Day Love Challenge” is a good undertaking for married couples during Lent … better than giving up chocolate or beer and faar more productive and beneficial … Just my two cents …