Five Guys - Major Restaurant Chains that Closed in 2020 (Or Are Closing Lots of Locations)

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens even in the best of times.
People don’t fancy your food, you end up closing shop.
People don’t fancy shopping at your department store, you end up closing shop.
etc, etc, etc

It happens even in the best of times.
People don’t fancy your food, you end up closing shop.
People don’t fancy shopping at your department store, you end up closing shop.
etc, etc, etc
That didn’t appear to be Five Guys problem. Government shutdowns were.

Edit: Further, with the shutdowns there aren’t other positions within the food service industry that are hiring due to the same restrictions.

Last edited:
Applebee’s
Carrabba’s Italian Grill
Sbarro
Ruby Tuesday
Krystal
Bar Louie
Houlihan’s
Boston Market
Papa John’s
Golden Corral
Ponderosa Steakhouse
Steak ‘n Shake
Joe’s Crab Shack
Noodles & Company
Old Country Buffet
The Cheesecake Factory
TGI Friday’s
Red Robin
Friendly’s
Qdoba
Buffalo Wild Wings
Checkers and Rally’s
Jack in the Box
Roy Rogers
Baja Fresh
Fuddruckers
O’Charley’s
Quiznos
Bojangles’
IHOP
Luby’s
Taco Bell
Subway
Marie Callender’s
McCormick & Schmick’s
Chipotle
Burger King
Pizza Hut
Carl’s Jr.
Kona Grill
Perkins
Hometown Buffet
Pie Five
Eat’n Park
Pollo Tropical
Taco Cabana
Denny’s
Tad’s Steaks
Pieology
Brio Tuscan Grille and Bravo! Cucina Italiana
Zinburger
TooJay’s
Benihana
Sonic
Hard Rock Cafe
Pappas Restaurants
Rubio’s Coastal Grill
Le Pain Quotidien
Del Frisco’s Grille
Tim Hortons (USA)
PizzaRev
Specialty’s Cafe & Bakery
Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes
Dave & Buster’s

That is a pretty long list of chains and they are downsizing or going out. The article tells how many of each have closed.

Last edited:
Wow, that is a lot of places that could be shutting down. I recognize many of those places names.

I used to live in a town that was rated by some group as being the number one town in America for eating out. it was a University town and with students not cooking much at home, eating out at less expensive restaurants was popular. Most of the places to eat were located on the north side of town near the mall. Imagine that area I moved way from a couple years ago could be looking deserted soon.

I’m more concerned about the local restaurants near me than I am about chains, which tend to have many more resources. However, sad as it is, what is one to do? Go out to eat and help spread the virus around more? Many people would hesitate to dine out right now even if the local and state governments were exhorting them to do so.

I would think a place like Five Guys, which does a lot of takeout business, would be in a pretty good position to survive this.

Last edited:
I’m more concerned about the local restaurants near me than I am about chains, which tend to have many more resources. However, sad as it is, what is one to do? Go out to eat and help spread the virus around more? Many people would hesitate to dine out right now even if the local and state governments were exhorting them to do so.
Local Restaurants are doing fine in my city. Downtown area is bustling. You could not tell that there is a pandemic affecting the rest of the nation.

I’m more concerned about the local restaurants near me than I am about chains, which tend to have many more resources.
Me too. If the chain restaurants can’t weather this, then the local joints are doomed.

Exactly my concern , for a local family owned Thai restaurat that we’ve been enjoying for 30 years.

They do! There’s one a few miles from my home. We do on occasion get take out from there.

@F_Marturana I’ve always enjoyed their food. My son is a big fan too (he’s twelve, and a bit of a ‘burger connoisseur’). I think the restaurant is originally from Washington D.C.

Last edited:
What’s going on with the title of this thread? Five Guys isn’t one of the chains listed in the article…

The first time I had five guys was over 10 years ago, in North Carolina. I don’t remember when I first started noticing then in my area.

Last edited:
Pray for all the people who lost their jobs because of this !

My Lord you call me your friend,
Please have mercy on them and
offer them a better job to live on !

Also please help all the investors, shareholders
to recover from their crisis!
Help them to stand up again,
and do better in the near future!

I know how anxious people can be if
they lost their financial support.

Thank you holy Mary please intercede for us …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back