Forum on Mary only

• Thread starter Thread starter go_Leafs_go
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

go_Leafs_go

I think we should have one. Dogma on Mary is in my mind the most controversial issue for non-catholics (and catholics encountering questions they never have had before). Does anyone agree on this?

THanks

I think it would be helpful to know Mary because of our beliefs. It would probably help with some of the arguements that usually come up when talking about her with protestants. 👍

I think instead there should be a mandatory FAQ that they have to read before even asking a question…since it is the same things over and over.

_Christopher_:
I think instead there should be a mandatory FAQ that they have to read before even asking a question…since it is the same things over and over.
The thing about that is that many people that do not believe have probably read that stuff, but someone actually dialoging with them is in my opinion more effective.

go Leafs go:
The thing about that is that many people that do not believe have probably read that stuff, but someone actually dialoging with them is in my opinion more effective.
I’m sure they have read anti-Marian rhetoric, but they should also read educated Catholic answers.

I think that there are enough forums at present. Perhaps some could be merged and new one for Mary created. But I don’t think that we should go much beyond the present number.

40.png
SeanG:
I think that there are enough forums at present. Perhaps some could be merged and new one for Mary created. But I don’t think that we should go much beyond the present number.
Vote people!!!

I think it would just reinforce the general Protestant notion that we’re obsessed with Mary (when in fact it seems to be they…).

40.png
VociMike:
I think it would just reinforce the general Protestant notion that we’re obsessed with Mary (when in fact it seems to be they…).
That’s an interesting viewpoint. However, Mary is a big part of the Catholic faith and usually is also the biggest hurdle people have to overcome prior to converting. Devoting a forum on the topic in my mind is no different than saying a prayer to her. By having a forum strictly for Mary, we can limit all discussions about Mary to that Forum and our knowledge would sort of be our prayer to Mary for non-catholics.

Not sure if this made sense, lol

I would be happy with a forum on Mary if instead of just being on dogma, but also the Rosary, prayers, devotions, and experience on how the Blessed Mother has touched our lives

As a convert from Protestantism to Catholicism, Mary was the hardest thing for me to overcome. I think a seperate forum would do no harm. I do not think it would justify any Protestant in saying that we focus too much on her, but would rather allow for an efficient way to view the topics on Mary.

Is a sub-forum possible? Perhaps several popular topics could be listed under the Apologetics forum.

Sorry, I say No. There are plenty of forums already, and any threads on Mary fit easily within Apologetics or Spirituality. Or even misc!

:nope:

I said no, but I think the FAQ area is a great idea. I’ve seen lots of threads on the same subject, even going at the same time.

Gods peace to all,

I believe a special forum on ‘Blessed Mary’ would be a great addition. This would allow us to discuss her and it would be easy for everyone to find.

As a Catholic by “Desire” you may find my own delima’s with ‘Blessed’ Mary helpfull on why I feel we should dedicate a forum to her.

I have yet to say a rosary.:whistle: I know the benifits but still have too much “protestantism” left in me?:bigyikes: I will say one someday and have them hanging in all my vehicles for the world to see. Do you?

I had 2 of my kids in CCD and my wife (a protestant ) allowed them to be baptised this year and thus become ‘citizens’ in Christ.👍 I asked her if they could also recieve first communion classes and she agreed. I brought home the books to study with the kids and my wife had no problem with any of it till…? You guessed it, I was told to teach the kids 3 or 4 prayers one of which was the ‘Hail Mary.’ When my wife heard me start to help the kids with this prayer she went ballistic and WWIII started! I gave the books back to the CCD instructer the next week. Game over - for now. I learned one thing when dealing with Catholicism with protestants in general, denial isn’t just a river in Egypt and it takes time for protestants to admit the truth (actually failure here) in their F(f)aith after years of anti-Catholic retoric and self misinterpretation of Scripture.

We didn’t hardly speak to each other for a week or two after this and I never even said a word in defense of Blessed Mary or anything else when she went into her ruthless Luther like bigoted attack. I had my victory in the battle for baptism and I was willing to yeild my ground on this point without a fight what-so-ever. She was determined though to slauther me whilst even in full unconditional retreat on the subject. I can only say pick your battles and the war will be won - eventually. They will come to see Gods truth and become Catholic if they live long enough and study history and Scripture.

The weird thing? My wife refused to knell to pray as a protestant (though some may or at least claim to?) during mass or at home during prayer. About two months ago I looked beside me at mass and low and behold she was knelling to God!:bowdown: I was so happy and still have never talked about it with her. Praise God!

Next weird thing? During the May Crowning last month we stayed after mass for the special service for Blessed Mary. I didn’t know what it was all about nor did my wife. The service started and what were they singing? Hymns for and about Blessed Mary! Guess who was singing? My wife!:clapping: Praise God!

Next weird thing? During the May Crowning 2 decades of the rosary were said. Gues who knelt down and prayed them aloud with the rest of us? My wife! Praise God! (Ok, I never said a FULL rosary:tsktsk: )

Last weird thing? Guess who went nuclear 3 weeks prior to this over my kids learning the ‘Hail Mary?’ My wife is slowly seeing the truth in Scripture but it is a long and difficult process when you have to admit you were wrong and your family is turning their back on you like bigots and saying nasty, vile and untrue things about Catholics and your husband.

Pick your battles and take your time and have Faith. Protestants have been lied to about ‘Blessed Mary’ from birth and she is something they hate or at least love to hate in the RCC. Forget that Luther prayed to her till the day he died and somewhere they dumped her like yesterdays garbage. How can you go to church services on Mothers Day and fear to even mention ‘Blessed Mary’ the mother of God for fear of being called a Catholic lover?:whacky: Sad, she is the example mother all mothers should strive to be like?

A forum dedicated to ‘Blessed Mary’ would be great.

A prisoner of Christ

Lk 1:46-48 (KJV) “46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.” (When and why did some disobey Scripture and stop calling her ‘Blessed?’)

Wow, Malichi, that almost brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing. I attend Mass with my Lutheran mother (I’m 39; she’s 69) and I pray for such an experience for her.

Thanks for sharing. 🙂

:hmmm: No I don’t think so! Why do I think that way? It is because the forum is open to everyone. I am a former lutheran and I know very well well how they think.

The most and worst accuse from protestants are that we have maken Mary a god of her own and that we pray to statues.

When one read something it’s up to the reader to pick and choose what to understand (and what to misunderstand). Believe me, if there is anything the protestants can, it is to pick and choose (and they are spesialists in misunderstanding the catholic faith).

If protestants hating catholics visiit this forum and find a lot of prayers to Mary, they will be strengten in their wievs that we have made Mary a god of her own.

For protestants on their way to the chatolic church, the best we can do for them is to let them go in their own tact together with God and then discover Mary when they are ready for it. :bible1:

For oureselves in the forums, there is enough rooms to discuss Mary already. 👍

(Please excuse any spellingmistakes. English is not my first language).

❤️ God I love you, through your saints, Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, St. Anne, St. Frans of Assisi, St. Benedict, St Augustin, I pray that the forums must be a blessing for all friends of Christ and all who are on their way to become His friends. Amen. ❤️

God Bless!

G.G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back