Fr. Benedict Groeschel

• Thread starter Thread starter Edwin1961
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Edwin1961

Just thought this thread would be a nice honor and gesture for a ‘precious treasure’ who needs our prayers and well wishes.

How has Fr. Benedict Groeschel impacted your spiritual life?
What books, videos, audio and television appearance have affected you the most?

For the record: I have 'Beginning Spirituality cassette series. Fr. Benedict is very sincere, articulate and a ‘true disciple’ for our times.

I pray for his health and strengh to offer up his sufferings to the Passion of our Lord. Bless you Fr. Benedict we miss you and return soon!

Go with God!
Edwin

40.png
Edwin1961:
Just thought this thread would be a nice honor and gesture for a ‘precious treasure’ who needs our prayers and well wishes.

How has Fr. Benedict Groeschel impacted your spiritual life?
What books, videos, audio and television appearance have affected you the most?

For the record: I have 'Beginning Spirituality cassette series. Fr. Benedict is very sincere, articulate and a ‘true disciple’ for our times.

I pray for his health and strengh to offer up his sufferings to the Passion of our Lord. Bless you Fr. Benedict we miss you and return soon!

Go with God!
Edwin
Amen to that! Has anyone read his NEW book? Even in his suffering he has managed to write a new book just out. I think it is called “There are No Accidents.” I am going to order it asap! I know it will be loaded with wisdom.

Fr. Groeschel rocks!!!

I travel over 250 days a year, so the videos, etc. aren’t handy, but I do enjoy all the shows he does on EWTN and the audio tapes of his homilies/sermons.

I’m so glad that Fr. is regaining his health.

I wonder, did they ever catch the person who hit him with his/her car?

Just his voice is that of an old friend and the love he shares shows God’s touch on his life. Father thanks for being you and allowing him to use you to help me.

God Bless

I have Fr. Groeschel’s book on praying before the Blessed Sacrament. He is a great gift to the church. 👍

I love Fr. Groeschel. His gentle, loving wisdom has been such a blessing in my life. I thoroughly enjoy his talks on EWTN.
May God bless him and speed his recovery.

Does anyone know how Benedict Groeschel is doing after he was hit by a car here in Orlando a few months back?

I hope he is doing better! Is he back on EWTN yet? (I don’t know for I don’t watch EWTN like I used to)

I greatly admire Father Benedict. He has a way of making his ideas very clear. He has a love for Augustine as do I.
I met him several years ago and I found him a kind, gentle man.
May God keep him around for a while more.

Does anyone know how Benedict Groeschel is doing after he was hit by a car here in Orlando a few months back?

I hope he is doing better! Is he back on EWTN yet? (I don’t know for I don’t watch EWTN like I used to)

I heard something a few days ago, I think on ETWN, on a show and the remark was that Fr. Benedict is back at the Friary and may make an appearance there in the very near future.

Does anyone have any other info or have heard this too?

Go with God!
Edwin

FatheR G. actually was on EWTN recently. He taped a thank you for all the prayers everyone offered for his recovery. He is still recovering and bearing some scars from the accident, but his voice was strong and he looked really good.

40.png
hearts929:
FatheR G. actually was on EWTN recently. He taped a thank you for all the prayers everyone offered for his recovery. He is still recovering and bearing some scars from the accident, but his voice was strong and he looked really good.
I am certainly glad 🙂 he is recovering.
Heard he is going to release a book soon about his suffering.

Go with God!
Edwin

About two years ago I was dealing with a difficult situation and I thought the person who would know what to do best would be Fr. Groeshel. So I thought it was a long shot but wrote him a letter to ask for his guidance. He actually wrote me back!:yup: I was so thrilled that he shared his wisdom with me. I will always treasure that letter. Maybe someday it will be a relic! He is such a holy man, many prayers go out to him!

Father Benedict was the one who drew my attention to EWTN about 6 yrs. ago. Even my husband likes him…he’s a liberal and…need I say more?

Any updates on Fr. Benedict Groeschel? I know he has a book coming out about his ordeal and suffering.

Just wondering, still think about him though.

Go with God!
Edwin

I, too am a psychologist and I love his down to earth about things psycological. My thoughts are very much the same and maybe this comes with age. I love his new series om EWTN about Catastrophe. You can tell he has gone though a lot and stilldoes not have the use of his right arm. Every time I see him , I am grateful he is there. Grandma

Anyone here use his Bible study? I had barely heard of Fr. Groeschel when some friends started a Bible study last year. They download it from his website each week. The quality went way down after his accident - I hope he’ll be writing the meditations again soon!

Fr. Groeschel is simply awesome! I have several of his books, but the best item of his I own is a tape series called ‘Mountains and Valleys of the Spiritual Journey’. Simply awesome.

For news on Fr. Groeschel. Here is a link to the Franciscan Friars homepage where he lives. …
franciscanfriars.com/
They have updates on his health, and he has even begun writing letters regularly which are posted on this link…

http://www.franciscanfriars.com/fr.%20glenn%20letters/frglenn174.htm

…He actually posted a letter just today.

I was a big fan of Fr. Benedict before his accident, but became an even bigger one after it. I checked in at the Franciscan Friars website every day for an update on his condition. Fr. Glenn did an awesome job with keeping us informed…and also with sharing his own spiritual insights as Fr. Benedict suffered. Several times, I read something that Fr. Glenn shared and felt kind of an “ah ha” in my heart. I was absolutely overwhelmed with joy when I read Fr. Glenn’s story of hearing Fr. Benedict’s voice for the first time after the accident. It was if I heard his voice too. So, even through his time of suffering, Fr. B still continued to touch many lives.

One of my favorite recordings by Fr. Benedict is “A Reason to Believe”. It’s available from The Grassroots Renewal Project. I like it because I have a couple of friends who are truly “non-believers”. It was a great tool to hand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back