France's Macron issues 'Republican values' ultimatum to Muslim leaders

• Thread starter Thread starter Donkey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is an important news story. We have so much we are dealing with here but I am curious as to how it would play out. I have seen that quite a few Muslims do not care for this “ultimatum”.

Macron is forced to face down Islamists in his country because of Islamist assault on France is murderous and relentless.
Americans and all countries that welcomed these people of this ‘ ideology’ will soon be going through the same struggle France is experiencing. This is a struggle for our Western values and way of life. The fight won’t end with banning caricatures of Mohammed. Macron realizes this as he draws a line in the sand. Macron must do this.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Macron is forced to face down Islamists in his country because of Islamist assault on France is murderous and relentless.
Americans and all countries that welcomed these people of this ‘ ideology’ will soon be going through the same struggle France is experiencing. This is a struggle for our Western values and way of life. The fight won’t end with banning caricatures of Mohammed. Macron realizes this as he draws a line in the sand. Macron must do this.
Are you familiar with what the Church teaches about Muslims?

Not for lack of anything to say or say in response…I prefer to count down the days of Macron’s deadline and let Macron’s opposition then speak for itself…sadly predictable outcome ahead.

Swinging words like bigotry and scapegoating around together are now notoriously abused words. Macron is defending France and freedoms of speech and more.
The situation there is dire as radical Islam use homeschooling to support grassroot efforts to terrorize. Measures to prevent that strips freedom loving French from homeschooling too…sad

Last edited:
48.png
FrankFletcher:
Are you familiar with what the Church teaches about Muslims?
Are you familiar with the goal of the religion of peace. The Koran is clear and history is a good teacher of it
Non response.

But it certainly has to do with the generalizations about Muslims you’re offering.

You mean to Macron’s effort of discernment and Archbishop Nona’s clarion message?

Last edited:
Macron and Archbishop Nona are generalizing. So you need to ask a bigger and better question than "do I know what the Church has to say about Muslims’ becauseTHAT is a pretty general question. Also ask why Macron and Archbishop Nona are generalizing. Could it be they know something? Probably yes.

Last edited:
“Our sufferings today are the prelude of those you, Europeans and Western Christians, will also suffer in the near future,” Archbishop Emil Nona told Italian daily Corriere della Sera Aug. 9 from Erbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan.
“I lost my diocese,” he said
“The physical setting of my apostolate has been occupied by Islamic radicals who want us converted or dead. But my community is still alive.”
“try to understand us.”
“Your liberal and democratic principles are worth nothing here. You must consider again our reality in the Middle East, because you are welcoming in your countries an ever growing number of Muslims. Also you are in danger. You must take strong and courageous decisions, even at the cost of contradicting your principles.”
“You think all men are equal, but that is not true: Islam does not say that all men are equal. Your values are not their values.”
“If you do not understand this soon enough, you will become the victims of the enemy you have welcomed in your home.”
~Archbishop Nona~ 2014
And clearly, the whole of France has been attacked.
If we’ve been attacked again, it’s because of our values: our taste for freedom, the possibility there is here to believe freely and to not give in to any terror. Let me say this very clearly again: we will never give in.
~Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron~2020

Another and better question would be ‘Did St. John the Baptist ever anticipate that his head would be served on a platter.’

Last edited:
The principle he is referring to is the right to protect life…as in battle. The Church understands battle at more than one level.

Last edited:
There is a clear distinction between righteous and wicked in the Bible.

Archbishop Nano made a distinction. And Macron is in the process of making a distinction. I pray for him and his country…France.

I’m not defending Islam. I’m noting what the Church teaches about Muslims and what, as a Catholic, I’m required to assent to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back