Freemasons

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsimo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears judging by the mail that I get, that I am making apologetics for freemasonry.

Let me go on record as saying ‘I BELIEVE IN THE ONE HOLY APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH’!

I accept her teaching magisterium. I also described by my critics [as an insult but actually take it as a back-handed complement, the best you could give me in fact] as the Al Quida of Catholicism!

Of course that is not strictly fair seeings I do not believe in violence. But I am told that 'for as long as there are people like me on the face of the earth, the catholic church exists too!

Now if that is an insult, thank you Lord for counting me worthy of such a great and wonderful insult. But actually they are wrong. We need a priest through whom to celebrate the Sacred Msyteries. Now that I can accept. But not mere I!

But I am very much committed to supporting diversity and each individual’s right to be different. I challenge anything against the spirit of diversity. In nature diversity is an obvious part of the Mind of God.

I am all for Equality of Opportunity too.

I may not personally agree with anothers conception of God, nor how they worship but I will defend their right to believe.

My family fought with distinction [like many others] in two world wars to defend that right. It is my solemn obligation to continue the fight in the modern age.

All freemasons are my brothers and sisters. All Moslems too. Aethiests and agnostics too. Before God, we are no better than another.The daily mass goer equal to the one who goes but once a year.

Only God sees the heart of a person. All judgement is His and HIS ALONE.

My guiding principles in life is the great commandments and teachings of Christ our Saviour:

‘This is my commandment to you: love one another’ Jn 15:17,

‘love is patient, kind and merciful, never boastful, rude, selfish or quick to take offence, there is no limit to its faith, love and its endureance’ 1 Cor 13:7

'Be merciful because there will be judgment without mercy for those who have not been merciful themselves, Mat 7:1-2,

Jesus equality with God: ‘All that the Father has is mine’ Jn 17:15,

'Forgive one another, ‘confess your sins to one another’ ‘and pray for one another and you shall be healed’ Js 5:16 James [the Greater],

1Do not repay wrong with wrong, abuse with abuse, on the contrary retaliate with blessing, for a blessing is the inheriitance to which you yourselves have been called’ 1 Ptr 1:8

'Take eat this is My Body’Mk 14:23

'whatever you forbid on earth shall be forbidden in heaven Mat 18: 18,

'You shall see the Son of man coming in great glory’Mat24:31

I also accept Clement’s letter to the Corinthians as part of the Roman Canon.and his authorship of Peter, as his disciple and scribe.

All sources quoted are from the Protestant New English Bible.

If you want to condemn me, this is my testimony. Do so on this.

This is my last contribution to this thread

In Christ

Sixtus
 
Sixtus

I am sorry to see you are being badgered. In Post 212 you basically revealed the fundamental difference which draws the Catholic ban. Fundamentally the relationship of a Freemason to God is not tied through the Catholic Church. Whether you post or not, whether I get badgered or not is not important, I do hope you understand this fundamental difference which is again Freemason is in the view of the Vatican is a Protestant style religion because it believes man can shun the Catholic Church without penalty.
 
Now that is interesting seeings most critics and the ultra right have alleged repeatedly that freemasonry is a religion 😛

My brother says that if it is, he has never been preached to and no where has he ever come accross any reference to relgious material except for the Opening hymn which is ‘Morning has broken’ [he belongs to a daytime lodge] and a closing hymn [can’t remember which one he said now], I understand they also sing the National Anthem and salute our most noble Queen at the end-which of course I hope all self-respecting catholics would approve of, seeings she is the head of this great Nation of ours.
Did you go to either of the sites? My point was the lack of religion, except on the less-public site I found (the one that isn’t linked to from other masonic sites). In mainstream publications they say they are not into religion, paganism, but if they follow Albert Pike they ARE into religions besides Christianity. And Albert Pike is a huge figure among American Masons.
On this other, less-public site the same people that designed the cleancut one, have thousands of pages of some weird scriptures, mixed with pictures of human sacrifices, etc.
That’s my point: With masonry, you never know if what is on the surface is truthfull.
I didn’t criticise them for only using “Higher Power”. I agree, it could mean anything. Even Satan could be considered a “Higher Power”.
I do not fear the unknowns in Masonry. I know more about Masonry and its history than you probably. I don’t fear it, but I respect its power, while you dismiss it. I also respect the Church’s teachings on Masonry.
 
Sixtus

I am sorry to see you are being badgered. In Post 212 you basically revealed the fundamental difference which draws the Catholic ban. Fundamentally the relationship of a Freemason to God is not tied through the Catholic Church. Whether you post or not, whether I get badgered or not is not important, I do hope you understand this fundamental difference which is again Freemason is in the view of the Vatican is a Protestant style religion because it believes man can shun the Catholic Church without penalty.
Roofer: I first learned about why Christians should stay away from Masonry from a Baptist friend of mine, who handed me a book that was written by someone nuetral to Masonry and Christianity. His conclusion was that, while many of the conspiracy theories reach too far concerning Masonry, it is undeniable that Masonry has developed over time as an anti-Christian organization.
Many Protestants have come to the same realization as Catholics: That, overall, it is not worth the risk of being influenced wrongly, or participating in anti-Christian acts. And there are plenty of other Christian, or even non-religious groups to belong to that will offer the same benefits (social networking, spiritual help, encouragement, fun events, fellowship, friends, sense of belonging, etc.).
Later, I read something written by a Catholic that was well researched called “Behind the Lodge Door”.
Do you realise how bad the anti-Catholic bias was in America (and is to a lesser extent today). Masonry was at the forefront of some of the worst anti-Catholic movements in U.S. history. And lets not mention their involvement in the Philipines, and France.
 
By the way, from reading some of your other posts, it seems you are abandoning your usual logical, well-thought-out arguments for ad hominem, repeated incredulity, and ignoring posts. I think you should at least, as sixtus refuses to do, read links, and admit when something you thought was true is actually false and based on lack of knowledge on the subject.
You have no reason to fear that we are judging people personally because you do not know us. We are judging a club based on what we know. I, personally, have never met a Mason, and if I did I wouldn’t judge him.
If you know different information about Masonry, then feel free to show me. I will admit if I am wrong. Otherwise, why the bitterness and anger?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top