Fun bible poll!(-:

  • Thread starter Thread starter ETEXAS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised not more NRSVs…I am not a HUGE fan…but…the English flows well often…🍿🍿🍿
 
I am surprised not more NRSVs…I am not a HUGE fan…but…the English flows well often…🍿🍿🍿
Thou art maketh my stomach to be growling when thou posteth those popcorn smileys. I say unto thee, I shall hie my way into younder kitchen to procure some.
 
I’m not a fan of any Protestant Bible translations, but I picked the KJV because I like the old- timey language. Also “the valley of the shadow of death” just sounds better than the NAB’s “a dark valley.”
 
He recommended the NAB? A protestant recommended the NAB?
A protestant preacher. This is the man that used to tell us that there are very few Christians in Massachusetts. After discovering that it’s mostly occupied by Catholics I think he was saying that Catholics are not even Christian or that anyone outside of their faith were not considered Christian. It’s a common belief among their number. Your thread reminded me to look for him and ask to see if he still had the bible I gave him.

I told him I’d make a switch because it is my first full bible that I’ve read many times over and over. It’s right next to me now. I want to get it rebound in leather or something so that I can pass it down through my children. My father bought it for me when I was a teenager. And therefore, it holds great memories to my past for me. It gave me comfort that somehow my Catholic history was returned to me in a more tangible form.
 
He recommended the NAB? A protestant recommended the NAB?
I know of at least one protestant pastor, & his wife, who both use the NAB because when they studied the original languages, they found it was the closest to a word for word translation.
(My own pastor, on the other hand, prefers the RSV or NRSV…for the same reason.🤷).
 
I’m not a fan of any Protestant Bible translations, but I picked the KJV because I like the old- timey language. Also “the valley of the shadow of death” just sounds better than the NAB’s “a dark valley.”
AS I said…NO shame:) in a Catholic liking the AV… It is VERY HIGH CHURCH a plus…it is the ONLY Bible listed in Masterpieces of English Lit! It is NOT anti-Catholic…THE ONLY reason Anti-Cs use it or rather when is with NOTE and Annotations …The Stuart King was Actually…CONTRA what anti-Catholics say not a Rabid ant “C”…he had MORE fear of Puritans!!! (HE did have a little “Jesuit Phobia” …🤷 BUT…was more tolerant than his Aunt Elizabeth! …He wanted more reform for Catholic Freedoms…he was halted by “Cecil” and his Council…telling the Stuart King…“It would cause riots…anarchy…” A REALLY good reason for Catholics to know the AV along with it’s Sublime English…most Anti-Cats will NOT Debate you if you use a Catholic Bible…My dear Friends…:):D:) I have sent Anti-Cats REELING … firstly I use the AV to debate them …they DON"T SEE IT COMING! BAM! LOL…Try it sometimes…quote the AV to an Anti-Cat…esp. a J. Chick sort…Try to keep a straight Face!!! YOU WILL GET…Deer in headlights look! Get The Cambridge w/Apocrypha…a good read!👍 PAX ET BONUM!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top